Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I get the red magic 5G or an iPad for pubgm?

• 26-04-2020 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Should I get the red magic 5G or an iPad for pubgm? And if get an iPad, what kind?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Should I get the red magic 5G or an iPad for pubgm? And if get an iPad, what kind?

iPad Air at least for the power or the mini 5.
    Android tablets are pitiful compared to iPads really,
    I am an apple fan but I’ve had several android tablets and I’ve always hoped they’d step up their game but honestly they’re woeful.
    Barely any updates for them long term and poorly optimised.

Blazer wrote: »
    I am an apple fan but I’ve had several android tablets and I’ve always hoped they’d step up their game but honestly they’re woeful.

Android does not get updates for anywhere near as long as Apple that's true.

What is also true is that except for the premium end of Android tablets like the Samsung S series, Android tablets get very poor cpus (and in the past low amounts of ram) which mean that they are soon out-dated. Most people are not willing to spend what it takes to buy a good one so end up with a poor experience - they expect to get a cpu that is in their phone for half the money on a tablet....

With the new chromebook tablets (which will also run android apps) like the Lenovo duet the update issue will not be a problem as they will get updates for 6.5 years.

But it's still a little under-powered cpu wise.

Apple make their own cpus so they can afford to put decent ones in their ipads as they don't have to buy them in at a higher cost.

Finally iOS gets a fair bit of tablet-specific designed software whereas android gets pretty much none meaning that it can be a poor experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Blazer wrote: »

I agree espeically Leonovo in my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

glasso wrote: »
    Android does not get updates for anywhere near as long as Apple that's true.

What is also true is that except for the premium end of Android tablets like the Samsung S series, Android tablets get very poor cpus (and in the past low amounts of ram) which mean that they are soon out-dated. Most people are not willing to spend what it takes to buy a good one so end up with a poor experience - they expect to get a cpu that is in their phone for half the money on a tablet....

With the new chromebook tablets (which will also run android apps) like the Lenovo duet the update issue will not be a problem as they will get updates for 6.5 years.

But it's still a little under-powered cpu wise.

Apple make their own cpus so they can afford to put decent ones in their ipads as they don't have to buy them in at a higher cost.

Finally iOS gets a fair bit of tablet-specific designed software whereas android gets pretty much none meaning that it can be a poor experience.

My leonovo tablet stopped getting updates after 2/3 years, still going strong as I only use it to view something I'm buying etc,PC is gone and though I've a large mi note 10 ,still need a big screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Basic iPad 2017 runs pubg just fine.

• Advertisement

the base ipad 10.2 inch 2019 is the best value ipad and will run PUBG fine

although some say that an ~8 inch tablet like the mini is the best size for tablet gaming

the mini has a more powerful cpu (A12 vs A10) but is more expensive.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A12-Bionic-vs-A10-Fusion_10166_8178.247596.0.html

Advertisement