If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED65C9

Options
  • 26-04-2020 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi folks, 

I've been thinking about an upgrade to my TV and it looks like LG OLED65C9 might be a decent option. A couple of questions... 

Would you agree recommend this tv or suggest something different? 

I got an Onkyo TX-NR646 from you a few years back at this point. That's currently the only thing I connect to my TV directly, all sources are connected to it (skyq, appletv4k, firestick 4k). Is there any problem keeping the setup like that with the new TV or will I lose quality if it's inline?

Do you have stock on the TV and what's best deal you could do it?

I'd need delivery to Dublin too. 

thanks,
    graham

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

grimbo wrote: »
    Hi folks, 

I've been thinking about an upgrade to my TV and it looks like LG OLED65C9 might be a decent option. A couple of questions... 

Would you agree recommend this tv or suggest something different? 

I got an Onkyo TX-NR646 from you a few years back at this point. That's currently the only thing I connect to my TV directly, all sources are connected to it (skyq, appletv4k, firestick 4k). Is there any problem keeping the setup like that with the new TV or will I lose quality if it's inline?

Do you have stock on the TV and what's best deal you could do it?

I'd need delivery to Dublin too. 

thanks,
    graham
    Hi Grimbo.

Thanks for the post.

You can keep your setup the same and connect all your source into the TV and then ARC to the amp.
    You should lose any sound quality as a new TV should be able to handle more audio codex than your current one.

However if you connected directly to the amp with all you source then the amp would process the audio and tends to do a better job than the a TV.

You could of course try out both ways and see if you notice a difference.

At the moment the 65C9 is totally out of stock but we are due some back in on the 30th of this month.
    The 65C9 is a fantastic television and is one of the most popular OLED's that we sell.

Currently priced at 2199 Euro. This include our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge and shipping is also included.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grimbo

Thanks David,

Really what I was wondering was if going through the amp, would there be any chance of losing any video quality given it supports hdmi 2.0 rather than 2.1. I wasn't sure if that was a real issue right now or not - it sounds like you're saying it won't be. 

Speaker wise, you sorted me out with monitor audio vector setup (again a good while ago now), we've moved house recently and dialog seems pretty washed out in the new room/configuration. I'm not really in the market for a full upgrade - maybe in the future - but would changing the center speaker be worthwhile? any recommendations if so?

Thanks David,

Really what I was wondering was if going through the amp, would there be any chance of losing any video quality given it supports hdmi 2.0 rather than 2.1. I wasn't sure if that was a real issue right now or not - it sounds like you're saying it won't be. 

Speaker wise, you sorted me out with monitor audio vector setup (again a good while ago now), we've moved house recently and dialog seems pretty washed out in the new room/configuration. I'm not really in the market for a full upgrade - maybe in the future - but would changing the center speaker be worthwhile? any recommendations if so?

Hi Grimbo.

At the moment there wont be an issue with 2.1 as it has not really been rolled out yet to A/V receivers or sources and I'm not sure if the Onkyo 646 will be upgradeable via firmware update to 2.1 or not.

2.1 will allow for 4K at 120fps and 8K at 60fps. Which you will lose with the 646.
    As far as I know SkyQ is not 2.1 and neither are firesticks (Although Amazon say this is coming soon).

The Vectors where are great speaker pack. You could of course up grade the centre speaker and hopefully this would crate a better sound than the vector centre.
    Something like the Monitor Audio Bronze Centre coming in at £99
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12909-monitor-audio-bronze-centre-single-centre-speaker.aspx

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny - I'll hold off on the speakers for now. We'll be moving again shortly and I might look to change the setup towards a 3.1 system depending on layout options of the next place.

My only reservation with pulling the trigger on the 65C9 is proximity to the CX and the risk of seeing discounts on the C9 in the next while... any thoughts?

Thanks Kenny - I'll hold off on the speakers for now. We'll be moving again shortly and I might look to change the setup towards a 3.1 system depending on layout options of the next place.

My only reservation with pulling the trigger on the 65C9 is proximity to the CX and the risk of seeing discounts on the C9 in the next while... any thoughts?
    Hey Grimbo.

At the moment stock on the 65C9 has ran out with a small quantity due again on the 30th but I don;t expect them to hang around to long as the UK website is also shipping from the same stock.

You do sometimes get a price drop when the TV might go end of line but again this depends on stock.
    The NEW CX range has already went on our .co.uk site for pre order as they are due imminently.
    https://www.richersounds.com/lg-oled65cx5lc.html

We do offer our 7 day price promise where if our price should drop within 7 days of purchase then you can let us know and we would refund any difference back to you. 

Kenny

• Advertisement

I see powercity has it listed for €100 cheaper and Harvey Norman have a 10% discount today bringing it to €1979. My preference would be to purchase with you if you can do something on the price?

I see powercity has it listed for €100 cheaper and Harvey Norman have a 10% discount today bringing it to €1979. My preference would be to purchase with you if you can do something on the price?
    Hi Grimbo.

Dropped you a PM back.

Kenny.

I replied back Kenny. 

And again :)

And again :)
    Dropped you a reply Grimbo.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.