Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of large house hold electricals

Options
  • 26-04-2020 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey everyone.

Just wondering, I have a tumble dryer that just stopped tumbling and I just want to get rid of it. I don't have a large enough vehicle to dispose of it properlly. Any one recommend how I can get rid of it or have it collected? I'll pay a fee, Just want it gone!

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

Forgot to mention that I live in Balbriggan. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Be very careful with approaching someone to dispose of it - it may just end up in a ditch somewhere close.

Most cars would be able to fit it in the back somehow, hatchbacks probably better than saloons. Make sure it's securely fastened and take it handy and you'll be okay.

No charge for WEEE.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Normally, the place you buy a replacement will take away the old one.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭afterhours

Well I don't want a new tumble dryer and I just want to dispose of it and Don't have a way of getting rid of it. So if anyone can help me with good info, that would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

http://www.manwithavandublin.ie/electrical-recycling-dublin/

haven't used them myself so I can't recommend them but they say they have a waste collection permit for collection and recycling electrical appliances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Well until retail is operating you have a nice paperweight, when CoVid19 allows retailers like PC World and Powercity to open you can just drop it off at their shop f.o.c.

Advertisement