If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 49XG9005BU

Options
  • 26-04-2020 4:59pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey ,

I'm looking to upgrade from a 40" Bravia which has lasted me 10 years.
    The room I am putting it into will only accommodate a 50" size screen at the max.

From looking around this Sony seems to be the sweet spot for size vs price vs features.
    I already have a reasonable sound bar. 

If it helps, I'll be feeding it 4K via Netflix and Amazon. Possibly using an Nvidia shield.

Am I missing a trick ? Is there another screen I should look at before pulling the trigger ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

horgan_p wrote: »
    Hey ,

The room I am putting it into will only accommodate a 50" size screen at the max.

From looking around this Sony seems to be the sweet spot for size vs price vs features.

If it helps, I'll be feeding it 4K via Netflix and Amazon. Possibly using an Nvidia shield.

Am I missing a trick ? Is there another screen I should look at before pulling the trigger ?

Thanks
    You won't need a Nvidia Shield for this TV as it is already Android TV

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Yeah, but I believe (could be corrected) that its a 10/100 network card int he TV.
    The Shield has a 1gb card, and I have 4K video files to shunt around the network.

I think the tv will stutter on 50 odd Gb mkv files.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey ,

Thanks
    Hi Horgan_P.

Thanks for the post.

The XG9005 would be one of the best LED's on the market in my opinion.
    The Sony is a full 100Hz panel, it uses full array back lighting and has several of Sony's own technology in there to help even more with picture quality (TRILUMINOS display and X-Motion Clarity).

As mentioned above the Sony is an android operating system but you are correct in saying the shield has the faster network card.

Currently priced at £840 and then we have a further 10% off this with SONY10 dropping it to £764.10.
    Delivery would cost £6.99 and our 6 year guarantee is also include free of charge.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Hey ,

Thanks
    Hi Horgan_P.

Thanks for the post.

The Sony is a full 100Hz panel, it uses full array back lighting and has several of Sony's own technology in there to help even more with picture quality (TRILUMINOS display and X-Motion Clarity).

As mentioned above the Sony is an android operating system but you are correct in saying the shield has the faster network card.

Currently priced at £840 and then we have a further 10% off this with SONY10 dropping it to £764.10.
    Delivery would cost £6.99 and our 6 year guarantee is also include free of charge.

Kenny.
    Hi ,
    yeah you're echoing all of my research, I was just wondering if there was a screen that I hadnt considered.
    Well, I know where I'm spending the money I'm saving on my commute this month.

Nice one.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey ,

Thanks
    Hi Horgan_P.

Thanks for the post.

Kenny.
    Hi ,
    yeah you're echoing all of my research, I was just wondering if there was a screen that I hadnt considered.
    Well, I know where I'm spending the money I'm saving on my commute this month.

Nice one.
    Hey Horgan_P.

It don't think there is anything you are over looking and the current 10% off makes it a fantastic bargain.

To get better picture quality you would need to go for the likes of the LG OLED55B9 at £1098
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204255-lg-oled55b9pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.