Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If the lockdown extended on the 5th for 30 days will you do anything different?

Comments

Introverts love it, Extroverts hate it.

Debate that.

Nothing to debate, it’s obviously true.

Debate that.

I think most people aren’t really fully either. I’m probably a bit more introverted.
    I was happy with lockdown at the start. But it’s getting really tough now, especially since we have no real plan.

I’d like to get rid of the 2km and let people hang out in groups of 10 or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I think most people aren’t really fully either. I’m probably a bit more introverted.
    I was happy with lockdown at the start. But it’s getting really tough now, especially since we have no real plan.

5 is plenty. To be meeting.
    If I’m meeting more than 5 people I better be getting paid.

Groups of 10 worlds be huge. Be back to square one in a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I brought my two dogs for a walk tonight at 22:15. In half an hour I did not see one car on the roads. One jogger passed, no other pedestrians.
    If the lockdown is extended I and the dogs might go for late night walks in the nude. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Apart from the impending death, fear for loved ones and finances, lack of coffee and price hikes I’m quite enjoying the lack of work and sense of calm.

If it goes on I’ll the abs and arms weights programme I downloaded last month in addition to Joe Wicks and 2 hour walks - I can really see the difference and have no proper excuse to he spending the other 18 hours a day in front of the PC.

I’d also buy more tinned fruit and walnuts in bulk - its a pain trying to get either now.

I’ll definately get the instrument out of the spare room and do that free inline fender course I sugned up for - if it goes on another 30 days.

And play hardball angry letter writing with the Minster and Insurance company over them refusing to reduce, refund or defer costly car insurance payments.

I mIght try to teach the cat a new trick but It might take me 30 days to decide what!

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    How old is too old for a grown man to buy a PS4?

Asking for a friend

I bought a psp 6 weeks ago. Loving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Even if restrictions were lifted I'd be in no rush to join in.

Financially I'm in a spot of bother as I was about to embark on a new venture, so that's costing me money, but I'll get over that I hope.

Until there's a vaccine or a treatment plan I'm happy to remain safe at home.

The supermarket will remain the only place I'm mixing with the general public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I’d probably take a few weeks vacation from work.
    I simply can’t hack my home being the office.
    It’s miserable. Feels like I’m constantly in work.

Thankfully the lockdown won’t be extended, and certainly not for 30 days.

Please tell me you are north American?

• Advertisement

Financially I'm in a spot of bother as I was about to embark on a new venture, so that's costing me money, but I'll get over that I hope.

Please don’t follow through on that. A vaccine could be 18 months away. We might never find a vaccine at all.

Are you going to stay in for 2 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I brought my two dogs for a walk tonight at 22:15. In half an hour I did not see one car on the roads. One jogger passed, no other pedestrians.
    If the lockdown is extended I and the dogs might go for late night walks in the nude. :)

You're already at least 66% of the way there - dogs are always "nude" anyways! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I bought a psp 6 weeks ago. Loving it.

Are PSP 6s out now? Or did you purchase a PSP 6 weeks ago! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,302 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

So your going to stay inside potentially for 18 months to 2 years or forever because there's no guarantee of a vaccine

So your going to stay inside potentially for 18 months to 2 years or forever because there's no guarantee of a vaccine

Why not if they can? Beats getting it.

Why not if they can? Beats getting it.

Does it?
    It’s fairly mild for up 90% that get it.

We can all stay indoors until the day we die and we’ll probably live a bit longer. Miserable existence though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Corona20

Me I'll probably give up alcohol and start a 30 day fitness challenge.

Im with you.

Does it?

We can all stay indoors until the day we die and we’ll probably live a bit longer. Miserable existence though.

For some of us it’s bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WashYourHands

Debate that.

It's an incorrect statement because you have a misunderstanding of what introverts are and what extroverts are.

Do introverts like spending time indoors? Not necessarily.
    Do introverts like spending time away from their family? Not necessarily.
    Do introverts who are out of work because of this love it? I doubt it.

etc etc

Please don’t follow through on that. A vaccine could be 18 months away. We might never find a vaccine at all.

Are you going to stay in for 2 years?

I'm aware that a vaccine could be a long time coming, if at all.

However each week that passes we're learning so much more about the virus. Even knowing what doesn't work is a step forward.

The time will come when the kids will have to return to school, which to be honest I can see being September, himself will also return back to the office which again I can't see being any time soon.

Until more is known I'm happy enough to stay safe at home.

I'm in no rush to get on a bus, go to a restaurant or a pub or anywhere else. Yes it will be great fun for a few hours but it also has the potential to make the whole family sick for weeks.... Or worse!

So no frivolous outings can wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Debate that.

I’d describe myself as introverted and absolutely despise this. I already worked from home so travel was what kept me sane.

• Advertisement

For some of us it’s bliss.

Spending your life inside by choice or because you’re too afraid of getting sick? That’s bliss?

Each to their own I guess.

Spending your life inside by choice or because you’re too afraid of getting sick? That’s bliss?

Each to their own I guess.

The staying in part in general.
    Granted it’s not really ideal as I’d like to see my parents again but not having to deal with anyone else is brilliant. If I could work from home full time it would be the icing on the cake.

I am absolutely terrified of getting this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Does it?

This "fairly mild there now" myth needs to stop. There was a thread yesterday (can't find it now, maybe it was merged) asking who has got it or do they know anyone who got it

The symptoms sound absolutely fcuking horrific and far, far away from "mild"

You want to get this bástard (if ever) in 18-24 months when they have treatments figured out better. I'm not holding my breath for a miraculous September vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Liamo57 wrote: »
    Im having a ball. I couldnt care less if it went on for another 12 months.

Same here, not a bother in the world, I've the place in top condition, it honestly wouldn't bother me if it lasted another month, I've a walk nearby that takes me up over fanore and overlooking galway bay, no stress from work only time spent with the missus and the dogs, I'm only wait for a rainy day so i can power wash the outside of the house but i can wait for that, I'm very fortunate i live where i do and know many aren't as lucky

This "fairly mild there now" myth needs to stop. There was a thread yesterday (can't find it now, maybe it was merged) asking who has got it or do they know anyone who got it

You want to get this bástard (if ever) in 18-24 months when they have treatments figured out better. I'm not holding my breath for a miraculous September vaccine

That thread scared the shīte clean out of me. I’d honestly consider finishing the job myself considering the end it would give me after reading that ****ing thread.

That thread scared the shīte clean out of me. I’d honestly consider finishing the job myself considering the end it would give me after reading that ****ing thread.

I can't seem to find it. Any ideas if it was merged with another thread?

I can't seem to find it. Any ideas if it was merged with another thread?

Probably was. They love merging them.

Probably was. They love merging them.

Was it the "out of interest, do you know anyone who has it thread"?

If it's that, it's still there, the threads are not in sequence so may need to go back a few pages in the forum.

If it's not that thread, it may have merged with the "have you been tested" thread... I haven't found that one yet to check......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭trapp

Dear oh dear oh dear my poor friend.

So you believe everyone who details their symptoms on an internet forum?

Plenty of people get a very, very mild illness and to suggest otherwise is tinfoil hat kind of stuff my poor man.

That my friend is exactly why it's so hard to contain, because many of the ill don't even notice they're carrying the virus.

If you choose to spend the next two years of your life living in fear and hiding from a virus that, unless you're elderly or vulnerable or extremely unlucky, will not kill you that's your choice my friend.

But you won't get those two years back.

Do you ever travel in a car? Do you ever play sport? Everything we do has a risk my friend.

I suggest my friend that you take off the tinfoil, go for a walk and as restrictions ease over the next few weeks try and not be overtaken by fear.

Was it the "out of interest, do you know anyone who has it thread"?

If it's that, it's still there, the threads are not in sequence so may need to go back a few pages in the forum.

Yes, that's the one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Smegging hell

trapp wrote: »

Plenty of people get a very, very mild illness and to suggest otherwise is tinfoil hat kind of stuff my poor man.

That my friend is exactly why it's so hard to contain, because many of the ill don't even notice they're carrying the virus.

If you choose to spend the next two years of your life living in fear and hiding from a virus that, unless you're elderly or vulnerable or extremely unlucky, will not kill you that's your choice my friend.

Do you ever travel in a car? Do you ever play sport? Everything we do has a risk my friend.

I suggest my friend that you take off the tinfoil, go for a walk and as restrictions ease over the next few weeks try and not be overtaken by fear.

The way you end every second sentence with 'my poor friend' or some variant thereof is very irritating... my poor chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

The way you end every second sentence with 'my poor friend' or some variant thereof is very irritating... my poor chap.

One agrees, one does find the condescension quite irritating. Tally ho!

Sorry I only realised that my friend when I read it back

Thanks for pointing it out ill try avoiding doing that in future

One agrees, one does find the condescension quite irritating. Tally ho!

When you read his posts as Comedy I find it much better. A bit like viewing Trump's pressers as Comedy works most nights

When you read his posts as Comedy I find it much better. A bit like viewing Trump's pressers as Comedy works most nights

I agree on Trump but I do think you are exaggerating the severity of the virus just a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

reminds me of this film. i never saw it btw, just the trailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @trapp - drop the condescension. Next 'my friend' or similar will earn a threadban.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Didn't take long for the thread to go off topic.

I was working up until last week. Mandatory 4 weeks leave but thankfully with pay. After that who knows. I think I'd go crazy if the lockdown continued for longer than the 5th May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Don't know what to do, working from home for the last eight weeks in the States.
    I'm going mad to be honest. If restrictions arn't lifted soon I'm heading home.
    I'll isolate for two weeks. On my own here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

Apparently I'm being forced to take vacation days in May. I reckon May isn't the best time of the decade for travelling, so I'll try to refuse that. But I might have to take some exciting "lockdown vacation days" if I get overruled by my employer, and locked down again by the government.

Other than that, I'd keep up the same routine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Independent today doing a soft drop that restrictions will be extended from the 5th. Should hear more about it in the coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭Penfailed

trapp wrote: »

Are you still doing the 'my poor man/my poor friend/my friend' patronising condescension? It's kinda tiresome.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Independent today doing a soft drop that restrictions will be extended from the 5th. Should hear more about it in the coming days.

Times at it as well, Delays in testing raise doubts about timing of lifting Irish lockdown (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/delays-in-testing-raise-doubts-about-timing-of-lifting-irish-lockdown-1.4238531

I might get that 6 pack after all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

Im loving being at home. Im working from home 8 to 4 Monday to Friday. No 60 minute commute each way. Take lunch when i want, tend to eat at my desk and then do some gardening at lunch time. Saving a huge amount of money as no transport costs and no eating out costs. And as ive time to cook proper meals saving on food costs at home too. I was to go to Spain in March so have spent my holiday money on the garden and its coming along well. Weather has been great so we are all getting the benefit of it.
    I would be so happy to stay this way for the rest of the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Times at it as well, Delays in testing raise doubts about timing of lifting Irish lockdown (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/delays-in-testing-raise-doubts-about-timing-of-lifting-irish-lockdown-1.4238531

Delays in testing being the cause of a extended lockdown is a joke. They could delay it until whenever they like as there’s not a hope of reaching 100000 tests per week.

Joke after joke. We’ve been listening to Paul Reid and his ramp up of testing speech week after week after week.

It ain’t going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't want to derail the thread but what's the point in testing people with mild symptoms if we're not going to lock them up while there waiting on a result. If I had any kind of a symptoms of which there are many I'd just reach for the echinacea and carry on, a positive test could come back to bite you with health insurance, loan application etc, I can't be the only one who thinks like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Lots of people have had it mildly, and lots more don't even realise they've had it. But that doesn't make an interesting story to post. Add in the bull****ters, the drama queen sand the morons who think it's fun to scare people at the moment, and I'd be taking that thread with a pinch of salt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Polar101 wrote: »
    Apparently I'm being forced to take vacation days in May. I reckon May isn't the best time of the decade for travelling, so I'll try to refuse that. But I might have to take some exciting "lockdown vacation days" if I get overruled by my employer, and locked down again by the government.

Other than that, I'd keep up the same routine.

It's all about managing demand. If there's no demand for the services you provide right now, they dont want you off, when there is a demand later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I haven't worked in 6 weeks and have come to the realisation that my stress levels are at an all time low, the reflux that has been a big problem for me for the last 6 or 7 years is now barely registering.
    We live on the edge of Cork city with a good size garden, plenty of quiet walks around. My elderly Mum who is cocooning lives next door and my brother with his family just beyond her, so there is daily interaction but at a distance, we don't go beyond my Mum's back door. I'm finding it easy to fill my day gardening baking and cooking (I'm being really adventurous there and getting a real buzz from it). My partner is working from home, we don't have kids but I completely appreciate that for families with kids it can bring it's own stresses keeping them occupied and staying within the recommendations.
    I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that there will be a extension of the restrictions on the 5th, while I wouldn't welcome it, I'd rather it than a situation where we would be dipping in and out of lockdowns until a vaccine is found, that would be a disaster as I feel once people get a taste of relaxation there would be no going back. I understand why we are doing this, besides my mum, I have other family members and a close friend who are high risk and I'm concerned about them more than myself and the way to protect them is by protecting myself so if this continues I will just suck it up. At the start of this as someone with serious OCD hygiene issues (I don't use that term lightly), I couldn't see how I could live in the environment in which we now find ourselves but I'm doing fine. I hope I'm not coming across as smug, it hasn't been all plain sailing, it's unlikely I'll have a job to go back to but I'm going to only one of many and I will deal with that down the road.
    I suppose the one thing that this has taught me is that I have reserves there that have served me well so far and I will keep on going if things are not relaxed next Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

No, nothing different. All the media seems to be pushing us down an increased lockdown well now into May. UK gov, Boris Johnson, accepting this morning that their lockdown continues. Whether we like it or not, we are linked to what the UK does as well.

I'd rather a few more weeks of this than having a stop/start in the months ahead although the risk is, that may yet happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement