Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If the lockdown extended on the 5th for 30 days will you do anything different?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Don't want to derail the thread but what's the point in testing people with mild symptoms if we're not going to lock them up while there waiting on a result. If I had any kind of a symptoms of which there are many I'd just reach for the echinacea and carry on, a positive test could come back to bite you with health insurance, loan application etc, I can't be the only one who thinks like that.

People with mild symptoms are being told the stay at home though? Most general colds and flu are over now, so if you have symptoms, there's a good chance it's Covid. I am a bit confused about your post. Are you giving out about how people with mild symptoms are not locked up, whilst also saying if you had mild symptoms, you wouldn't put yourself on lockdown?

I won't do anything different but I will ramp up my mental health resources. I have a years sub to Headspace so will be making the most of that. I also imagine my new routine will become more embedded although I will start using public transport again. My life before Covid was a full one, people to see and places to go. I used to love having a stroll around the market in Temple Bar on a Saturday. Go for a pint after maybe alone maybe not. There was choice.

Now I need to stop feeling like my life is on hold and do my best to fill it again. I took a walk through some woods on my way home from work last week. It was easy to forget for a few minutes that all was as it once was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Can't see much change for me anyway. Still going to work and just pottering away at home in the evenings and at weekends

I'd feel safer at home but unfortunately working from home is not an option for me

I am quite happy not going anywhere at the weekends but that's because i get out during the week even if its only to go to work

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭CorkFenian

Fair play to all those current situation suits (working from home etc and who are enjoying not commuting)

My contract in IT finished early March and got a new one through virtual interviews etc but they won't virtually onboard as its a senior role

They have May 5th as my start date so will keep busy if that doesnt work out

Studying and exercising a fair bit also doing toastmasters with zoom (surprisingly it works well :) )

I'll keep busy for the next 30 days if it doesn't change but obviously money is starting to be a factor now. I will go with the flow , it was nice to hear of peoples stories about how it suits them right now , I know on other threads there is anger etc but to me we all just have to play whats in front of us :) If I was in their shoes I'd probably feel exactly the same :)

Advertisement