Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide :: The WORST Song of all time!

Options
  • 26-04-2020 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭

Vob620ydJK7L3OeMyEILkylcfkrLIEYEZReRLGrdd1w0f-HtOGAEOV3Nsz5aySryVvEK-L28tXvF1FmKz09m7YBI9E6-AoilMDbKf81u

We've had every other kind of contest about the greatest songs of the 80's, 90's, 00's and all time.

Now its time for everyone to nominate the songs that they really really hate. The songs they despise. The songs that they think are just pure MUCK.

The kind of songs that when they come on the radio, you dont just change the channel. You pull your car over, rip the radio out of the dash, smash it into a million pieces on the side of the road and then set it on fire. That's the kind of submissions we want to win this competition!

Enter your submissions to me by private message. I'll allow up to 10 songs per user, but if you only have 1, then thats fine too. I'll be entering about 6 or 7 of my own :D

Also, if you want to include a specific youtube link with your selection to use, then please do. Also if you want to include some reasoning for why you've chosen your song, then thats fine too. I will include the reasoning in the contest post. After all, it may be helpful to know why you despise a song :D

There's no limit on the number of songs that I will receive. Sign up thread will be open until the coming weekend with voting to begin shortly afterwards :)

Get it into me! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Christ, I'll have to have a good long think about this. Usually for these types of tournaments I browse through my Spotify Playlists, but that will do me no good for this one...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The real danger of this is that as soon as you think of a really sh*te song for your list it'll get stuck in your head and will be rattling around there for days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Rebecca Black - Friday

So what I win

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Rebecca Black - Friday

So what I win

The award for person who didnt read the original post :)

10 Dreadful Songs Sent In

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Rikand wrote: »
    The award for person who didnt read the original post :)

It was too long and I only had one nomination....seemed easier:p

giphy.gif

Seriously, Rikand is trying to set up a tournament here, if you're not willing to take the time to read a few sentences in the first post to understand how things will work, then you're better off not posting anything at all.

Well hopefully for you someone might nominate your song for you the right way :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sent mine in last night. When we're voting to progress are we gonna be picking which is worse then :D

My whole campaign strategy has been turned upside down :pac:

Necro wrote: »
    When we're voting to progress are we gonna be picking which is worse then :D

That's going to be tough to get used to, it being so counterintuitive voting for the song you detest more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Pmed, 10 Westlife songs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Send 6 nominations myself. Can't see them getting voted the worst song ever, some of them I think might be quite popular. But it's just songs that I really can't stand - and one of them I can say I really hate!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,517 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I am so in - will send noms later tonite if that's ok.

giphy.gif

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Send 6 nominations myself. Can't see them getting voted the worst song ever, some of them I think might be quite popular. But it's just songs that I really can't stand - and one of them I can say I really hate!

Same. Mine are definitely quite subjective, in that a good few appeared in the "Best of..." decade threads. I went with songs I personally can't stand, as opposed to what I guess might be universally regarded as "bad".

But ultimately I know I'm correct and the many people who like those terrible songs are wrong! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,569 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

OP, can you make it very clear when running the competition, that people are voting for the worst song in each matchup, and not which they think what is the best of the two worst song nominees.

I want to be sure that those that progress onward round by round have no argument that 'actually, people like this song, that's why they voted for it'.

The songs which progress here should be ridiculed mercilessly so there can be no ambiguity as an excuse for them.

Yes, its definitely a case that people are voting for the worst song

So when 2 terrible songs are up against each other, you want to vote for the one that is more terrible than the other

10 people have submitted entries so far. Keep em coming. Theres no no no no no no no no no no no no no no theres no limits to the number of terrible songs that need to be in this contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Fairy Tale of New York..

Yeah whatever bring it on I'm bored

Why does it have to be pm. Someone could remind us of a terrible song(like I just did you're welcome)and we could mention it also.

Why does it have to be pm. Someone could remind us of a terrible song(like I just did you're welcome)and we could mention it also.

Because it makes it more interesting to see the OP reveal the contenders round by round rather than the competition being defacto ran during the process of submitting the goddam songs as people lose their sh#t over some song being nominated and freaking out.
    So just submit your songs and stop being a little *itch about it.

*w

• Advertisement

pmd one nomination and am furious even to have to have thought of it

Because it makes it more interesting to see the OP reveal the contenders round by round rather than the competition being defacto ran during the process of submitting the goddam songs as people lose their sh#t over some song being nominated and freaking out.
    So just submit your songs and stop being a little *itch about it.

*w

I think u need to get out and clear the head :eek:

There is a Worst Songs 'post on thread' chat in After Hours, if that is your preference. :)

Rules are set by game hosts, who graciously offer their time and energy to set up and run a game.

Stick around and see what fun the reveals are, given the pm format - or check out previous tournament reveals in Other Forum Games - they are great! :D

oh and forgetting about certain songs and being reminded (at reveal) is part of the fun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Submitted. Apologies to all who have to listen to them to decide which is worse.

For me the interesting thing will be that I expect debates as some/many of us are bound to find some of these songs good.
    I think 1 or 2 of my nominations could create uproar!!!

For me the interesting thing will be that I expect debates as some/many of us are bound to find some of these songs good.

I'm 100% sure that 8 of my 10 nominations will be in the 1/4 finals.
    They are that bad.

Or else, it's a sign that most people have poor taste in music.

I'm 100% sure that 8 of my 10 nominations will be in the 1/4 finals.
    They are that bad.

Or else, it's a sign that most people have poor taste in music.

and that's what I'm talking about!!!! Bring it on!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Tempting to just to go back through Walrus' and submit every song that
    not really
    entered

There's one terrible song on my list that can't be beaten, I don't know what the singer was thinking (ok, yes I do, but it just should not have been shared with the public in general) :eek:

• Advertisement

There is 2 songs of my 10 that are considered massively popular, but I absolutely despise them and I'm hoping some others around here will feel the same, even so I just feel that I'm not entirely alone in my hatred.

The other 8 songs I chose are definitely bad bad, even if they are still well known.

I imagine there are some songs others submit that I genuinely like. I certainly don't mind a bit of stinky cheese every now and then... :D

Advertisement