Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide :: The WORST Song of all time!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I hope it isn't mostly really popular songs, I nominated some non mainstream songs that are horrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'll have to have a think about this. Hard to think of songs that I despise as I'm not going to voluntarily play them.

I can think of one or two songs off the top of my head where I like the original version but someone did a cover version and absolutely murdered it. Those will have to go in.

It's hard to google 'songs that annoy the fcuk out of me'

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My issue is that there are some artists that I absolutely despise. Two in particular I can think of are so far beyond bland that they're offensive. Nothing they have ever released has any musical credibility as far as I'm concerned. So do I pick just one of their songs as representative of their body of work, or do I ignore them and go for truly bad songs as opposed to offensively bland?

Zaph wrote: »
    My issue is that there are some artists that I absolutely despise. Two in particular I can think of are so far beyond bland that they're offensive. Nothing they have ever released has any musical credibility as far as I'm concerned. So do I pick just one of their songs as representative of their body of work, or do I ignore them and go for truly bad songs as opposed to offensively bland?

I think offensively bland is as bad as a bad song really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Zaph wrote: »

interesting point.
    I didn't go for anything like that in my nominations. If I find someone's music bland, that's it - if anything I wouldn't pay attention to them, but I wouldn't necessarily change the radio station if the rest of the playlist was good.
    I tried to follow the. . . ehem. . . guidelines about ripping off the radio etc. :D

One of my choices is actually from an artist that I really like, but just think that particular song is really crap.
    One other song is from a band that I grew to like later on in their career but at that point in time I just couldn't get them.
    And there is one song that I could picture myself doing all these things that Rikand described in the OP :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Going through the list of entries at the moment and putting them into excel.

This is how i feel ::

394.jpg

It's going to be an interesting competition. Like, if your song gets knocked out early then you can't display your rage and vitriol for that song over several rounds. Yet, if it stays in, it's probably going to induce rage seeing it come up in every round.

Tis is a bit of a conundrum.

16 people have submitted to me so far and there are 110 individual songs so far.

Plenty of room for more dross and believe me, there's an awful pile of dross in there! I've been listening and I cant last more than a minute for a lot of them

Its 10 songs per person guys

Some have tried to submit up to 20.... I'll take the extra ones and put them in the reserve list if i need more to easily fill the matchplay draw, but I'll stick with your first 10 submitted unless you change them around

I presume I'm not the only getting wrecked by Boards.ie and long waits for things to load

126 Unique songs in so far. Will keep this open until midnight coming, so another 23 hours. Then I'll spend the weekend getting things set up and look to start it Monday mid-late morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Rikand wrote: »
    I presume I'm not the only getting wrecked by Boards.ie and long waits for things to load

126 Unique songs in so far. Will keep this open until midnight coming, so another 23 hours. Then I'll spend the weekend getting things set up and look to start it Monday mid-late morning :)

It's not just you, but it seems to be browser dependent. Was getting nowhere with Chrome, so tried Microsoft Edge and it works perfectly on that. Can't believe I'm actually recommending Edge to people, but boards ran smoothly for me all day with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's not just you, but it seems to be browser dependent. Was getting nowhere with Chrome, so tried Microsoft Edge and it works perfectly on that. Can't believe I'm actually recommending Edge to people, but boards ran smoothly for me all day with it.

What worked for me this morning is to clear all site related history on the browser and boom, back and purring like a kitten

I'll be using Edge *shudders*

I forgot of course that this is the Bank Holiday weekend and despite covid my wife is pushing through with her usual bank holiday weekend plans for me, which means I'll be busy!

I'm in work on Tuesday morning, so we'll look to kick this off on Tuesday afternoon from around 3pm onwards.

I have 148 songs, which means we'll have a short preliminary round first :)

Advertisement