Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint anywhere

• 27-04-2020 9:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if any paint shops or shops that also sell paint etc are open....need to paint the shed and gate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Anyone know if any paint shops or shops that also sell paint etc are open....need to paint the shed and gate

I know last week Limerick Paint Supplies in Thomondgate were selling paint but not sure about this week. Mostly word of mouth as the shop is closed and you gotta pick it up from the side gate they have for their yard, usually between the hours of 11am and 1pm. Be worth your while passing that way and notice if you see people queuing or anybody in their yard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maloney Hardware in the shopping centre in Shannon are doing a collection service. Plenty people buying paint there.

Unfortunately they don’t do Dulux, which is what I’m after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

SuperValu Castletroy has large tubs of masonry paint - probably only in white - I didn't really look at it, just saw it in passing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Maloney Hardware in the shopping centre in Shannon are doing a collection service. Plenty people buying paint there.

Unfortunately they don’t do Dulux, which is what I’m after.

Definitely not within 2km of Limerick ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

No but I may stop at the shopping centre on the way home from essential work :)

• Advertisement

Not suggesting they pick up paint while out for a run :)

OP - Albany in Parnell St seem to be semi-open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Vaguely remember my Aunt saying there is some place near Pennywell road that is selling paint. The guy has stores in a couple of locations. I think you can pre book with him on the phone.

Unfortunately I can't think of the name of the store.

YFlyer wrote: »
    Vaguely remember my Aunt saying there is some place near Pennywell road that is selling paint. The guy has stores in a couple of locations. I think you can pre book with him on the phone.

Unfortunately I can't think of the name of the store.

Limerick Paint Supplies, they've a shop on Pennywell and Thomondgate.

They’re not answering the phone anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Thomond Paints & Decor Center - Roxboro shopping center . Phone in order between 10 & 11 and collect between 11 & 12 Mon - Fri

He has a sign on the door stating the above .

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They’re not answering the phone anyway

They're probably closed now. The one on Pennywell was selling paint about two weeks ago, they stopped and the one in Thomondgate started selling it the week after.

The whole ringing in your order I'm not sure about. I just showed up at the one in Thomondgate when I was told they'd be for a couple of hours. They were opened last week, not sure about this week as when I was there the stock was already low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

I saw a guy collect paint from the Thomondgate shop recently but I've no idea on how he ordered it

phog wrote: »
    I saw a guy collect paint from the Thomondgate shop recently but I've no idea on how he ordered it

Nobody placed orders when I went to the Thomondgate shop. There's a side gate that has access to a yard behind the shop. You queue up outside and three people at a time were left into the yard and they took your order at the backdoor and paid for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

That's the place. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Nobody placed orders when I went to the Thomondgate shop. There's a side gate that has access to a yard behind the shop. You queue up outside and three people at a time were left into the yard and they took your order at the backdoor and paid for it.

Good few places like that around Town. Not all selling Paint though......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Albany on Parnell st. are taking orders over the phone for collection

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Pat McDonnell were taking orders over teh phone w/ delivery but they seem to have a backlog for the foreseeable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Good few places like that around Town. Not all selling Paint though......;)

What they selling?

Advertisement