Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

2 out of 3 parcels from Look Fantastic have now arrived. Happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 carville

Anyone else waiting more than 10 days? Current status: Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12 been like that since the 9th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Eaz

Just had a package sent with Royal Mail sit with a "Item Leaving the UK" status since 3rd of December, finally arrived in Dublin on Thursday 17th and now stuck on "Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12".

Was hoping it would reach Cork yesterday or today and make it out for delivery but starting to doubt getting it before next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Anybody help me with this please??

I sent 8 items on 8th December.
    One was delivered next day but the other 7 are showing status 'Your Post was accept in Post Office' . They have not moved

I've been onto An Post since the beginning of the week, spoken 4 times, done live chat etc and also submitted a formal enquiry (N58) for each of the seven items.
    Been told they are in Dublin mail centre awaiting to be sorted etc.

I've been keeping my customers constantly up to date but they are getting frustrated, which is understandable.

When I spoke to them most recently on Thursday, I asked 'would they we delivered before Christmas'. The reply I got 'I can't guarantee that' . Like WTF!

What am I supposed to do??

I've been sending items from to GPO this week and they have been delivered next day or two day.

All items are going to Ireland
    Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AP arent managing to do FIFO. I suspect cages/bags aren't labelled in a way that they know what landed when.

Sweet feck all you can do other than pray and if they don't arrive Monday perhaps refund the customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

ul6u8a9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

ED E wrote: »
    AP arent managing to do FIFO. I suspect cages/bags aren't labelled in a way that they know what landed when.

Sweet feck all you can do other than pray and if they don't arrive Monday perhaps refund the customers.

Where do you get this information, or like most of your comments they are just rants against anpost/sky/eir/virgin/three/Vodafone etc etc.

Cages and green tubs are all barcoded and whilst at one stage in early Nov, there were issues with early cages getting pushed back. But once the two holding facilities (parkwest and finglas) opened in mid Nov, this was alleviated.

All incoming international parcels and packages also go through customs check and some items will get selected for examination. - That can cause some items to be delayed further.

Currently we are seeing service for our parcels return to next day / two day as volumes have dropped dramatically according to our an post mw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I had a long chat with my postman today.
    We know each other pretty well because I get a lot of deliveries all year round with work.

He was telling me that the parcel centers in Ireland are stockpiling stuff at the behest of customs / revenue of items coming from England and reckoned that they are doing it because they know it will generate income in January once they examine it.

The date it’s shipped is irrelevant apparently, only the date that customs examine it and once that’s 01/01/2021 or later than your gonna have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sportloto86

Darc19 wrote: »

All incoming international parcels and packages also go through customs check and some items will get selected for examination. - That can cause some items to be delayed further.

Currently we are seeing service return to next day / two day as volumes have dropped dramatically.

OK, and how long does this gonna take? Why couldn't there be a message on that bloody code I'm tracking that "we're sorry for the delay but we have selected one of your packages that you've sent to your children and deemed it to be suspicious so sit tight as we are ripping it apart destroying Christmas spirit for another 5 to 14 working days while you can't sleep at night being eaten by anxiety". That would be nice, wouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭jmreire

Seven weeks ago yesterday,6th Nov. I sent my old driving licence, with all the required documents for renewal to the Licensing Centre ( NDLS ), So far nothing back. Tried ringing them several times...keep getting the engaged tone. Anyone else with the same problem? I didn't register the post, as I though it would be all straight forward.

• Advertisement

OK, and how long does this gonna take? Why couldn't there be a message on that bloody code I'm tracking that "we're sorry for the delay but we have selected one of your packages that you've sent to your children and deemed it to be suspicious so sit tight as we are ripping it apart destroying Christmas spirit for another 5 to 14 working days while you can't sleep at night being eaten by anxiety". That would be nice, wouldn't it?
    I haven't a clue, but usually it just goes through a scan with no more than a few hours delay.

No point getting angry. Chances are that most of the delay is on the uk side.

I had a long chat with my postman today.
    We know each other pretty well because I get a lot of deliveries all year round with work.

He was telling me that the parcel centers in Ireland are stockpiling stuff at the behest of customs / revenue of items coming from England and reckoned that they are doing it because they know it will generate income in January once they examine it.

The date it’s shipped is irrelevant apparently, only the date that customs examine it and once that’s 01/01/2021 or later than your gonna have to pay.

Now that is complete balderdash.

Date arrival into Ireland is what matters and customs are not going to create delays for a few bob.

How do people believe such sh1te??

And how on earth would a delivery person know what goes on in a large parcel depot.

Just think of how stupid the suggestion is.

I haven't a clue, but usually it just goes through a scan with no more than a few hours delay.

No point getting angry. Chances are that most of the delay is on the uk side.

Nah, not UK, I sent them from Germany. One was delivered last Monday while second one "Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12" since the same day. Frustrated, anxious and a tad angry, yes. I just like things to be logical and would love some "inner works" explanation. Thank you for your attempt. Seriously.

Item posted in Dublin and sitting in 'Dublin Depot, Dublin' since December 9th. No movement at all on tracking but thankfully arrived in Limerick this afternoon. I spoke with An Post web chat a couple of days ago and they said it's not unusual for stuff not to be scanned properly at the moment. Delighted it arrived in time for Christmas anyway :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Now that is complete balderdash.

Date arrival into Ireland is what matters and customs are not going to create delays for a few bob.

How do people believe such sh1te??

And how on earth would a delivery person know what goes on in a large parcel depot.

Just think of how stupid the suggestion is.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Posted parcel from Dublin to wexford on the 10th. Still not arrived. Not tracked but correct address and return address is on it.
    What are the odds of it arriving before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

1 parcel from Germany, ordered 9th December and no sign since it's been handed over to An Post. Not in their system yet even. Apparently there are huge delays in some sorting centre in Cologne/Koln - so if it goes through there you're justed feckered.
    1 parcel from UK ordered 6th December, still not arrived. Hopeful for Monday.

Plenty of other parcels ordered and delivered after those date. Bit of pot luck involved in this at the minute.

The scary thing is that, and it pains me to say this, but Fastway are probably the fastest courier around Ireland now (based on my anecdotal, recent experiences with ~20-30 deliveries).

Nah, not UK, I sent them from Germany. One was delivered last Monday while second one "Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12" since the same day. Frustrated, anxious and a tad angry, yes. I just like things to be logical and would love some "inner works" explanation. Thank you for your attempt. Seriously.

You're in Germany too long expecting everything to be perfect :D

I suspect that it's sorted into a cage and just waiting transfer. But they are delivering tomorrow and volumes have fallen. We've been told to continue dispatch until Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Posted parcel from Dublin to wexford on the 10th. Still not arrived. Not tracked but correct address and return address is on it.
    What are the odds of it arriving before Christmas?

I'd be very surprised if that didn't arrive to be honest now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Waiting 6 weeks for an A4 sized envelope containing a number of birthday and Christmas cards from New Zealand :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭jmreire

Waiting 6 weeks for an A4 sized envelope containing a number of birthday and Christmas cards from New Zealand :(

Good Luck with that,,,,,,I'm waiting for 7 weeks for a delivery from Cork.......LOL :cool:

You're in Germany too long expecting everything to be perfect :D

You got me there :)

.....and I’m waiting 6 weeks from the UK ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Posted an A4 envelope with documents on Tuesday for delivery within the same county to a destination 25kms away. Cost me €3.40 to post, I could have driven there for maybe the cost on fuel and hand deliver them. The envelope still hasn't arrived despite having correct address with a printed label attached and eircode also. Normally this would be next day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I was told next day was all but done during week. I posted a parcel paid for swift and tracking, post mistress said she still didn’t think it would arrive before Xmas, but got email it was delivered yday! Fingers crossed it was.

Parcel I posted in Dublin to Dublin 4th December still hasn’t arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

I'd say so. Volumes have subsided and will continue to drop and there are more planes flying people home giving for letters and parcels

thank you!! I order a bit from uk ive looked bk on some old tracking numbers & for some strange reasy anytime an item leaves uk (langley) on a tuesday its always delayed!! where if it leaves langley Friday eve i know itll arrive early te following week usually Tuesday, ordered recently left Friday had it monday!! wonder is Tuesday night a lazy night fir them 😀 just thought its odd

Had a customer screaming delight on the phone to one of our team yesterday.

She forgot her friends birthday which was yesterday. Ordered from us Fri at about 2pm in Kildare and didn't expect delivery until after Christmas.

It was delivered by an post yesterday at 9.38am!

Great when things go as good as this.

On general delivery all but 3 parcels we sent on Thursday (about 200) had been delivered by this afternoon.

On UK, this travel restriction may cause issues with all post, but seems aer lingus will still operate flights to repatriate people from here, so cargo and post may not be as badly affected as we may think.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

She forgot her friends birthday which was yesterday. Ordered from us Fri at about 2pm in Kildare and didn't expect delivery until after Christmas.

I'm delighted for your customer but I'm still waiting for a package shipped from Dublin on 1st December. I'm at the point now where I have requested a replacement or refund :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

On general delivery all but 3 parcels we sent on Thursday (about 200) had been delivered by this afternoon.

On UK, this travel restriction may cause issues with all post, but seems aer lingus will still operate flights to repatriate people from here, so cargo and post may not be as badly affected as we may think.

so do Royal Mail only use passenger flights for small parcels etc?!! quite worried now with flights cancelled? any help ideas wld really help!! tnks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Finally some movement on my package. Shown as arrived in Dublin and sorted in the Dublin parcel centre.

My Package is now showing out for delivery, kinda suprised to be honest, also delighted as its getting delivered to work and today is my day before christmas

my time line is

26/11 - Ordered
    30/11 - Arrived Parcel Centre - Germany
    01/12 - Sorted and Queued to be shipped to Ireland
    -
    -
    -
    - (who Knows what happened in between)
    -
    17/12 - Arrived and Sorted Dublin Parcel Hub
    21/12 - Out for Delivery

Advertisement