Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Don’t shoot the messenger.

Most definitely, shoot the messenger, when he repeats such absolute balderdash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

package left germany december 9th and no sign yet... just sit tight? was by dhl deutshe post... i can see it on an post tracking as having left germany but nothing since 9th december

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭newbie18892

Ordered some lovely bracelets off Etsy on the 1st of December. They were dispatched from London on the 15th. No sign yet and no tracking. Losing hope of pre-Christmas delivery especially with all this current crap in the U.K.

ordered a gift voucher from a small Irish company based in Dublin on 12 Dec. They posted it on 16th Dec and there is still no sign of it. I only live 25km from Dublin.

I contacted the seller of my above voucher yesterday as I still haven’t received it. They said they will send another voucher today by registered post , will I get it tomorrow? I’m leaving for Limerick early in the morning and need it!

Parcel sent from Australia on the 10th November.
    Landed in Ireland sometime around the 14th December.
    Sorted in mail centre d12 on the 20th.
    Contacted an post webchat on the 21st to see if there was a chance it would get to me before Xmas-said it would be delivered within 24 hrs.
    Arrived today 22nd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭andrewfaulk

so do Royal Mail only use passenger flights for small parcels etc?!! quite worried now with flights cancelled? any help ideas wld really help!! tnks

Most airfreight is moved on passenger flights, Ireland has very few cargo flights..

Although I would be fairly sure RM moved their Irish shipments to road early this year and are just using the flight as an excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭d51984

Royal mail have an early morning cargo flight from east midlands to Dublin daily. Smal turbo prop aircraft, comes in about 5/6 am. Amazon have some stuff on it too.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Ordered something a month ago, shipped 26th of November through royal mail... Should I get worried about this parcel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

ordered a gift voucher from a small Irish company based in Dublin on 12 Dec. They posted it on 16th Dec and there is still no sign of it. I only live 25km from Dublin.
    Keep the faith, I ordered likewise on the 15th, only got it today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

d51984 wrote: »
    Royal mail have an early morning cargo flight from east midlands to Dublin daily. Smal turbo prop aircraft, comes in about 5/6 am. Amazon have some stuff on it too.

That seems odd, as the tracking normally stops at Langley, which is in Heathrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭d51984

They use Aer Lingus and British Airways at Heathrow too. Aer Lingus have been sending over their bigger aircraft to help clear backlog.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Most definitely, shoot the messenger, when he repeats such absolute balderdash.

Believe what you want to believe.

Have you noticed that the number of posters with issues has become a trickle?

Sort of confirms the improvements.

But call it balderdash if you wish. I think most people appreciate it.

BTW, 94% of items we dispatched yesterday were delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭micks_address

package left germany december 9th and no sign yet... just sit tight? was by dhl deutshe post... i can see it on an post tracking as having left germany but nothing since 9th december

Just like that it’s in Ireland. Might make it for Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Ordered two small items from the Czech Republic last month. Supplier informed me that he posted on the 3rd November. He came back the next day with proof of postage and my correct address, according to Czech Post, item “left their jurisdiction” on the 11th November.
    So I want to the local sorting office, they were very friendly, but didn’t want to see the Czech documents, couldn’t tell me what route the item may have taken, where it might be etc.etc..
    All I got was, “There’s huge backlogs in Dublin ( I’m in Kildare) , don’t worry , it’ll probably arrive soon. Keep the faith.”
    Wonderful.

Happy to report that my package posted in the Czech Republic on the 3rd November arrived yesterday at last. Santa can breath a sigh of relief.
    Now if only my two small items from the USA would arrive . . . . .

Letters including some registered post that we were waiting on were delivered this morning. Holding out for afternoon delivery of the package i'm expecting

I contacted the seller of my above voucher yesterday as I still haven’t received it. They said they will send another voucher today by registered post , will I get it tomorrow? I’m leaving for Limerick early in the morning and need it!

Same, voucher posted on 16th December and still no sign, it's very annoying. I checked the last post dates on the An Post website at the time and it said that 21st Dec was the last date for guaranteed Christmas delivery. That's obviously bull. If it doesn't show up tomorrow I'll have no present to give on Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ordered stuff from micksgarage on Monady 4pm, items arrived through An Post today at 1pm to Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Package posted from the Netherlands on Nov 26th that I had given up hope of having for Christmas, just arrived a little while ago. Also received a package that I ordered from China on Nov 23rd, that I definitely did not expect to receive before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Next day delivery from NDub to SDub with AnPost today.

Also got a Yanwen package, they're a mail aggregator, normally its CN bulk then dispatched from NL. This time:

"FROM:
    Bejing Yanwen Logistics Co,
    C/O PO BOX 123...
    An Post Portlaoise
    Co Laois
    R32A32F"

Also branded with a very low res AnPost logo. Nice bit of business for AP there. Yanwen cover a LOT of packages from Ali that used to be CN Post directly. 5/12 to 23/12 is good going from China.

Mine turned up this afternoon. The seller put the wrong eircode on it which might explain the delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Darc19 wrote: »
    Now that is complete balderdash.

Date arrival into Ireland is what matters and customs are not going to create delays for a few bob.

How do people believe such sh1te??

And how on earth would a delivery person know what goes on in a large parcel depot.

Just think of how stupid the suggestion is.

He might be a union rep or know someone in management etc, im not saying he's correct but just because hes an ordinary postman doesnt mean he doenst have accurate information

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Mine turned up this afternoon. The seller put the wrong eircode on it which might explain the delay.

If the address was correct the eircode would be irrelevant

Well that's that then. The package I was expecting hasn't arrived. I can't help but be a bit annoyed by that, even though I know the gift recipients won't mind waiting a few days it's pretty crap. Especially as it was dispatched a week and a half ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Well that's that then. The package I was expecting hasn't arrived. I can't help but be a bit annoyed by that, even though I know the gift recipients won't mind waiting a few days it's pretty crap. Especially as it was dispatched a week and a half ago.

But your parcel was dispatched from London.

Have a Google of the massive problems that royal mail are having. Literally parcel mountains in places, cages left outside on the street, and on top of all that, covid delays.

And then there's the service level paid for. "Standard international" takes 5-7 days in good times.

In reality, it probably won't arrive until 2nd week of January.

Darc19 wrote: »
    But your parcel was dispatched from London.

Have a Google of the massive problems that royal mail are having. Literally parcel mountains in places, cages left outside on the street, and on top of all that, covid delays.

And then there's the service level paid for. "Standard international" takes 5-7 days in good times.

In reality, it probably won't arrive until 2nd week of January.

Oh yeah. I know it's not all on An Post. I'd say it's pretty crazy everywhere. Just a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I had some luck. Had a battery arrive on the 23rd from Lithuania. It was an AliExpress special so ordered it ages ago.

On Christmas Eve an Echo Dot arrived from Amazon that I ordered back on November 20th! Had given up on it so got a refund on it at least 2 weeks ago. Can best a freebie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

There are a few things on Amazon I am considering buying but estimated delivery with Prime is the 5th January. Most are 11th and after.

But they all get delivered tomorrow to a U.K. address.

I don’t know if that means Amazon are prioritising the U.K. or there is simply that much of a backlog.

Does An Post still have the delays?

If I have stuff sent to AddressPal would I get it this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Will packages sent by An Post be moving faster this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭jmreire

Sent my driving licence to NDLS on 6th Nov, got a msg 23.12.2020 " Your Licence has been dispatched, and you should receive it in the next 3-5 working days." Apparently this is the time it now takes to renew via AnPost. Just in case later on in the year and assuming that travel is allowed abroad, and you need a valid in date licence, order in plenty of time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭jmreire

Sent my driving licence to the NDLS Nov 5th, and on the Dec 23rd, got a msg saying that it had been dispatched, and would arrive in the next 3-5 working days. Seems that this is the new normal, so if you intend travelling next summer, and your License is near expiry, make sure that you allow minimum 2 mths for a replacement one to arrive .

Advertisement