Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You'll need to wait for a few days. Amazon will not issue a refund yet. I'd suggest it's just busy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Request the refund and if it does turn up you can usually keep it.

That’s my experience anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Are Amazon saying that if I request a refund they are happy for me to keep the items if they show up? As a way to keep me happy about the delay?

Yes, I've had this happen before. They told me my parcel was lost and we're very sorry and you can request a refund now. About a week later the parcel showed up so I contacted customer support and because the refund had already been issued there was nothing else they could with the order on the system so I just kept my item and I had the refund. I figured I tried and they couldn't help me so I didn't feel guilty

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

MY last purchase from Amazon U.K. has not arrived.

My account says it is “on the way but delayed” and An Post tracking says it is in Dublin.

Over the weekend the order details added that it I may be lost and “ We're very sorry your delivery is so late. Although it may still arrive, you can request a refund now.”.

I would have expected it to also say that if I request a refund that I should have An Post return to sender if it does show up. Or at least to offer the option to send the items again.

I contacted An Post who say it delayed due to volume and other people here have said the same.

Are Amazon saying that if I request a refund they are happy for me to keep the items if they show up? As a way to keep me happy about the delay?

I contacted their customer support and the agent just repeated it could still arrive but can I assume they would just charge me again if the parcel showed up after I asked for a refund?

Take the refund. If it turns up contact customer support and they'll either say keep it or they'll send you a return label.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Yes, I've had this happen before. They told me my parcel was lost and we're very sorry and you can request a refund now. About a week later the parcel showed up so I contacted customer support and because the refund had already been issued there was nothing else they could with the order on the system so I just kept my item and I had the refund. I figured I tried and they couldn't help me so I didn't feel guilty

I really need the stuff and was worried that requesting the refund would result in An Post returning it Amazon from wherever it is but the longer I wait the longer it takes to get the refund and order again.

Other people on the boards are also saying they have these delays but I just got an alert that another order I made after the lost one is coming tomorrow.

Would Amazon send a replacement? I would prefer that to a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Would Amazon send a replacement? I would prefer that to a refund?

You can request a refund. Order it again and if both turn up, then send one back for a refund.

You can request a refund. Order it again and if both turn up, then send one back for a refund.

I just finished with customer support. A replacement option would be available for any items sold or fulfilled by Amazon - which they all are.

I wait until morning. Post is very early here so if the parcel doesn’t come then it is lost and not just delayed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I just finished with customer support. A replacement option would be available for any items sold or fulfilled by Amazon - which they all are.

I wait until morning. Post is very early here so if the parcel doesn’t come then it is lost and not just delayed.

Incorrect,
    Items Fulfilled by Amazon cannot be replaced by Amazon..ever.

items Sold & Dispatched by Amazon can be.

An Post are still telling me it is a backlog in that particular location.

They are insisting it is just a delay. I asked for an estimate of delivery and some assurance that it is not just lost but the last support agent I spoke seems to think it is Amazon’s responsibility to fix it by sending me a replacement.

She didn’t see the logic to my question of “wing another parcel just get delayed in the same place?”

Has anyone here got any of their parcels from this backlog?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Hungryhill

I have two parcels sitting in Dublin, one from May 6th and the second (the same items ordered again!) since May 18th.

Since I _always_ get my parcels the day after the 'sorting in Dublin' (including many 2021 orders i.e. during Brexit, Covid etc.) I believe I will never see them.

This happened after I sent back a mobile phone to Amazon DE back in April, which never arrived to Amazon (probably because there was a battery inside?). Maybe they flagged me as an 'undesired customer' and are punishing me (call me paranoid LOL).

pTw0kgH.png

fz33exS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

I know it doesn't solve the missing parcels, but an alternative option would be to to use the Parcel Motel Dublin address. That way you avoid An Post entirely. Just don't order anything with a weekend delivery date.

Too bad I live in rural South-West along the Atlantic way, I really need Amazon for essential items.

Hungryhill wrote: »
    I have two parcels sitting in Dublin, one from May 6th and the second (the same items ordered again!) since May 18th.

Since I _always_ get my parcels the day after the 'sorting in Dublin' (including many 2021 orders i.e. during Brexit, Covid etc.) I believe I will never see them.

This happened after I sent back a mobile phone to Amazon DE back in April, which never arrived to Amazon (probably because there was a battery inside?). Maybe they flagged me as an 'undesired customer' and are punishing me (call me paranoid LOL).

Mod - no need to quote the whole post.

Do you know what depot it is? That is a ridiculous delay time. Well over a month? They can’t possibly have that kind of a backlog.

When did you last contact An Post?

VG31 wrote: »
    I know it doesn't solve the missing parcels, but an alternative option would be to to use the Parcel Motel Dublin address. That way you avoid An Post entirely. Just don't order anything with a weekend delivery date.

I have received two parcels ordered after the missing items.

I’m guessing they went through different depots.

I’m not in Dublin and Parcel Motel wouldn’t make a difference as the problem occurs at a sorting depot so they will still be delayed/lost.

Hungryhill wrote: »
    Too bad I live in rural South-West along the Atlantic way, I really need Amazon for essential items.

Have you had anything delayed?

My sister told me she often gets Amazon deliveries via DPD. I never have and thought everything was An Post.

Maybe if these delays or missing packages continues could use that and you’re rural location to find a way to get Amazon to deliver to you with DPD?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

I’m not in Dublin and Parcel Motel wouldn’t make a difference as the problem occurs at a sorting depot so they will still be delayed/lost.

I figured you weren't in Dublin, I meant use PM so it gets delivered to a locker or your address. Amazon deliveries in Dublin are by Amazon Logistics not An Post so that's why I suggested it. I find Amazon Logistics near flawless.

VG31 wrote: »
    I figured you weren't in Dublin, I meant use PM so it gets delivered to a locker or your address. Amazon deliveries in Dublin are by Amazon Logistics not An Post so that's why I suggested it. I find Amazon Logistics near flawless.

Okay I didn’t know Amazon brought deliveries into the country themselves.

Thanks for the advice but Parcel Motel isn’t an option.

The fact Amazon hands over packages in Dublin makes the whole thing worse - how the hell could An Post lose them so quick?

Cabaal wrote: »
    Incorrect,
    Items Fulfilled by Amazon cannot be replaced by Amazon..ever.

items Sold & Dispatched by Amazon can be.

The Amazon support agent told me anything sold by or fulfilled by Amazon was eligible for replacement or refund.

I found out this morning that that is wrong when I contacted them for replacements. -

I contacted AnPost about my two missing parcels (first of which since May 6th! ...yeah 'backlog' my ar...). I got a bot reply:

I’m sorry to hear that your parcel has yet to arrive with you, I understand this can be frustrating. We actually have a backlog of items currently being processed through customs due to a number of reasons. However, I will now reach out to our team to see if we can isolate your package. I don’t have any further information for you at this moment but I assure you I am chasing this with priority. I really hope we can reach a better solution for you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Kate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Okay I didn’t know Amazon brought deliveries into the country themselves.

Thanks for the advice but Parcel Motel isn’t an option.

The fact Amazon hands over packages in Dublin makes the whole thing worse - how the hell could An Post lose them so quick?

One problem seems to be that An Post don't use Eircodes.

Now in the UK they truncate the addresses and leave out the county because Royal Mail sorts on Postcodes. All you need is the street, number or name and the postcode.

From a lot of my Amazon deliveries the county is missed off which leaves An Post sorters to fill in the gaps. Must be the same guy doing it each time as the handwriting is consistent and Waterford is written in by hand on a lot of my deliveries.

What I think is happening is that Amazon are treating the Irish addresses as if they are sorted the same way as UK ones.

Wake me up when it's all over.

One problem seems to be that An Post don't use Eircodes.

Now in the UK they truncate the addresses and leave out the county because Royal Mail sorts on Postcodes. All you need is the street, number or name and the postcode.

From a lot of my Amazon deliveries the county is missed off which leaves An Post sorters to fill in the gaps. Must be the same guy doing it each time as the handwriting is consistent and Waterford is written in by hand on a lot of my deliveries.

What I think is happening is that Amazon are treating the Irish addresses as if they are sorted the same way as UK ones.

If that were a cause wouldn’t it affect all Amazon packages?

According to my contact today with An Post the backlog is at a particular depot - at least that is what I thought she said

My Amazon deliveries always show the correct Eircode on the parcel label.
    Amazon's page always reminds me to add the Eircode (which of course I already have in my profile).

RgFDeZL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If that were a cause wouldn’t it affect all Amazon packages?

According to my contact today with An Post the backlog is at a particular depot - at least that is what I thought she said

No because a lot of Irish addresses resolve easily without including the county.

The problem is a lot of townland names are duplicated across the country so our address without a county included can easily end up in the wrong townland.

Wake me up when it's all over.

I now have other parcels (ordered before I was aware of problems) from Amazon that has fallen into this “backlog” so now there is no point in placing an order anymore.

And is it just Amazon parcels that An Post are making a balls of?

I now have other parcels (ordered before I was aware of problems) from Amazon that has fallen into this “backlog” so now there is no point in placing an order anymore.

Is anyone experiencing this with parcels not from Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

And is it just Amazon parcels that An Post are making a balls of?

You've obviously never ordered from AliExpress so :-) there's a whole thread about it.

People need to report this backlog to Amazon

Not just that their own orders but tell them that it is happening to everyone

Is isn’t Amazon’s fault but the more people that tell them the more they will pay attention and might get involved

KAGY wrote: »
    You've obviously never ordered from AliExpress so :-) there's a whole thread about it.

I have used AliExpress but isn’t that just a hub for individual sellers?

A month’s delay in delivering Amazon packages? And An Post is fine with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭all the bais

Happened me when ordering £220's worth of pots and pans. Amazon refunded me eventually, and I had to raise the issue with An Post who very generously gifted me 4 stamps.

Advertisement