Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Now I have a support agent from An Post saying my parcels are held in customs?

Apparently the Parcel Hub were all these Amazon packages are in backlog has only just alerted the powers that be in An post that they have tonnes of Amazon packages without the correct customs documentation.

And An post is just going to leave them there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I'm not being smart here, but why haven't you requested a refund yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

People need to report this backlog to Amazon

Not just that their own orders but tell them that it is happening to everyone

Is isn’t Amazon’s fault but the more people that tell them the more they will pay attention and might get involved

two people on an online forum and suddenly it is "everyone" - that's just utter stupid.

I ordered stuff from amazon last Thursday, it arrived yesterday by anpost.

So certainly no issues here.

Colleagues get amazon deliveries too and no-one has had any delivery issues.

The thing is, people won't jump online and say that everything went as expected - that applies to almost everything. Hundreds of thousands of people get fantastic care in our hospitals each year, but only the few that have an issue go and whine about it.

An Post currently deliver about 2 million parcels a week. Yet the number of people with an issue is miniscule - but you still want to say "everyone"

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I'm not being smart here, but why haven't you requested a refund yet?

What is the point of that?

If order again it will just go back into that backlog

• Advertisement

If order again it will just go back into that backlog

Because there's nothing you can do now to get the package delivered to you any quicker so just take the refund.

Because there's nothing you can do now to get the package delivered to you any quicker so just take the refund.

There is no point in a refund. I need the stuff.

Reporting the delays and the reason to Amazon will get it sorted faster than sitting on your hands doing nothing.

Reporting the delays and the reason to Amazon will get it sorted faster than sitting on your hands doing nothing.

It probably won't, that's why Amazon offered the refund. They know they're not going to actually do anything to speed up the delivery so it's easier/cheaper for them to refund and let it play out.

It probably won't, that's why Amazon offered the refund. They know they're not going to actually do anything to speed up the delivery so it's easier/cheaper for them to refund and let it play out.

That is a very negative attitude.

If people just sat on their hands like you think they should then Amazon orders are just going to keep disappearing.

Reporting it will get it fixed and it won’t happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Exactly this. Your parcel is in limbo, take the refund, reorder if you like. If the first parcel arrives, cancel the second and get a refund. If ot doesn't, your second one is at least on the way. It's a no brainer.

• Advertisement

If people just sat on their hands like you think they should then Amazon orders are just going to keep disappearing.

Reporting it will get it fixed and it won’t happen again.

I don't mean to be insulting here but are you actually that naive?

Your package and however many others that are currently stuck in limbo won't even register as a blip on Amazon's radar. Whoever you're speaking to will log the issue note that a refund has been offered and it will get aggregated up into thousands of other complaints and nothing will come of it.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Exactly this. Your parcel is in limbo, take the refund, reorder if you like. If the first parcel arrives, cancel the second and get a refund. If ot doesn't, your second one is at least on the way. It's a no brainer.

No because the replacements would just go into this limbo too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod - silver 2020 There are ways of addressing other posters. This isn't one of them.

Need a Username - You have another thread running on the Consumer Issues forum. I have asked the mods to move it here to stop cross posting. Keep it on one thread only please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I have had a tonne of orders off amazon recently and all turned up on time. I am awaiting 2 more today and 1 tomorrow and none appear to be held up at all. I would say at this stage your very unlucky, I would cancel the order if it was me.

Yeah, because you're a beacon of positivity on this thread yourself......
    And An post is just going to leave them there
    And is it just Amazon parcels that An Post are making a balls of?

If something doesn't arrive, be thankful you got it on Amazon and their refund process is so good. I ordered a pizza oven in November and it didn't arrive until April. No refund possible until it was investigated, which took weeks.

Your stuff is delayed. If you need it quickly, get a refund and reorder, maybe pay for expedited delivery. Or else buy it from somewhere else. If you can't get it somewhere else, then you're stuck with Amazon and have to pull up your big boy panties and deal with it.

I honestly cannot see what you hope to achieve with all your negativity. In fact, I cannot see what you hope to achieve full stop. You've asked and been told what the easiest solution is. Nobody else here can clear an amazon and/or an Post backlog, what more do you expect? Someone to say they work for amazon and they'll personally go down to the warehouse and sort this for you?

Yeah, because you're a beacon of positivity on this thread yourself......

If something doesn't arrive, be thankful you got it on Amazon and their refund process is so good. I ordered a pizza oven in November and it didn't arrive until April. No refund possible until it was investigated, which took weeks.

Your stuff is delayed. If you need it quickly, get a refund and reorder, maybe pay for expedited delivery. Or else buy it from somewhere else. If you can't get it somewhere else, then you're stuck with Amazon and have to pull up your big boy panties and deal with it.

I honestly cannot see what you hope to achieve with all your negativity. In fact, I cannot see what you hope to achieve full stop. You've asked and been told what the easiest solution is. Nobody else here can clear an amazon and/or an Post backlog, what more do you expect? Someone to say they work for amazon and they'll personally go down to the warehouse and sort this for you?

That isn’t being negative. I was stating facts, for example An Post said they are not going to contact Amazon, it is up to the people not getting the parcels

How is asking others to report the problem to Amazon “being negative” ? How is contacting An Post being negative?

Why are you so sore about this?

And as to achieving something - I did - Amazon are sending a replacement order with DPD.

That is what a positive attitude gets as opposed to sitting on your hands.

Kimbot wrote: »
    I have had a tonne of orders off amazon recently and all turned up on time. I am awaiting 2 more today and 1 tomorrow and none appear to be held up at all. I would say at this stage your very unlucky, I would cancel the order if it was me.

Not unlucky - it isn’t just me. There are several hundred Amazon packages at that Hub according to An Post customer support.

But all sorted - Amazon are sending replacements and doing so with DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I have something caught up in the limbo, subsequently refunded and reordered and arrived on time with tens of other packages from Amazon. So there's little risk in reordering.

I have something caught up in the limbo, subsequently refunded and reordered and arrived on time with tens of other packages from Amazon. So there's little risk in reordering.

Amazon didn’t seem to think so and are sending mine with DPD.

whiterebel wrote: »

Need a Username - You have another thread running on the Consumer Issues forum. I have asked the mods to move it here to stop cross posting. Keep it on one thread only please.

Okies

• Advertisement

silver2020 wrote: »
    two people on an online forum and suddenly it is "everyone" - that's just utter stupid.

I ordered stuff from amazon last Thursday, it arrived yesterday by anpost.

So certainly no issues here.

Colleagues get amazon deliveries too and no-one has had any delivery issues.

The thing is, people won't jump online and say that everything went as expected - that applies to almost everything. Hundreds of thousands of people get fantastic care in our hospitals each year, but only the few that have an issue go and whine about it.

An Post currently deliver about 2 million parcels a week. Yet the number of people with an issue is miniscule - but you still want to say "everyone"

Everyone as in everyone it has happened to - which is a lot according to An Post customer support - not everyone on planet.

I don’t understand why this would upset you. I’m the one put out and I haven’t got upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

I'm having the same issue with An Post. My order has been stuck at the initial Dublin Hub for four days now with no movement at all. Also, this same week I returned a high value item, that also hasn't moved from the initial sorting hub. Everything was great until this week so there's definitely something going on with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Amazon didn’t seem to think so and are sending mine with DPD.

I've currently got 7 packages on the missing list in the Dublin Mail Center going back as far as the 20th of April, all for the same product that they keep refunding I keep reordering only to have it go missing, so I've asked Amazon if I can get it delivered by a different method and they've repeatedly said no. I asked in a formal complaint process, and they said that An Post is their exclusive agent in Ireland and no other option was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Srfcsean

We have your delivery DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12. ? What does this mean should it not of been sorted and sent on its way

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

package arrived today, posted in the Netherlands two months ago. It contained Dutch sausages that are now a week out of date as a result. Had customs tape on it as the drugs dog probably got excited smelling it but incredible how long the delay was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

package arrived today, posted in the Netherlands two months ago. It contained Dutch sausages that are now a week out of date as a result. Had customs tape on it as the drugs dog probably got excited smelling it but incredible how long the delay was.

Any bite marks? I have visions of a load of guys in high viz jackets chasing a spaniel around the customs shed trying to get your parcel off the dog. :D

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Srfcsean wrote: »
    We have your delivery DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12. ? What does this mean should it not of been sorted and sent on its way

How long has it been there? Generally it only takes 1-2 days, but if it's not out in 2 days, it could be there for months. Not sure what the priority is on things coming through there or how some go through in 24 hours, and others are left days, weeks or months.

I finally got a delivery this week of one of my Amazon orders, this one from Germany. It got through the Dublin mail centre in 1 day, but another that arrived there last Tuesday is still there, along with 6 others going back the last 6 weeks.

Have two more arrived there just now, and got text messages saying they'll be delivered in the next two days. I've got that same message on all the missing ones too, so hopefully these will be processed and sent to Limerick tomorrow.

How long has it been there? Generally it only takes 1-2 days, but if it's not out in 2 days, it could be there for months. Not sure what the priority is on things coming through there or how some go through in 24 hours, and others are left days, weeks or months.

I finally got a delivery this week of one of my Amazon orders, this one from Germany. It got through the Dublin mail centre in 1 day, but another that arrived there last Tuesday is still there, along with 6 others going back the last 6 weeks.

Have two more arrived there just now, and got text messages saying they'll be delivered in the next two days. I've got that same message on all the missing ones too, so hopefully these will be processed and sent to Limerick tomorrow.

Yea I got it thansk for that and hopefully you get all your parcels post soon , i understand the delays on international mail but not domestic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

well after months of timely parcels it just happened us,

Got a text on Monday from An Post to say my parcel will arrive tomorrow, Tuesday no parcel, it showed on tracking as:

"Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12"

by this morning after the post parcel van passed the house and it was still showing as in Dublin i went and clicked on the link they text to have alternative delivery options and i set it to tomorrow instead.

it then changed to "Change to delivery arrangements requested by customer PARCEL MANAGEMENT WEBSITE,"

and 10 minutes later "We tried to deliver your post LITTLE ISLAND D.S.U., CO CORK"

so at least i should get it tomorrow as they found it in Cork :pac:

• Advertisement

International shipment has arrived in a foreign country, DUBLIN, FORWARD, Ireland

Anyone know what this means 🀷*♂️ It has been like that since 28/05/2021 , is it in Ireland (customs) lost , covid delays ?

Advertisement