Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

What is going on with An Post, are they or strike or something? I have a DHL parcel from Germany sorted for the last 2 days, as well as a UK Amazon. Small packet from China in Ireland for at least a week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

whiterebel wrote: »
    What is going on with An Post, are they or strike or something? I have a DHL parcel from Germany sorted for the last 2 days, as well as a UK Amazon. Small packet from China in Ireland for at least a week as well.

I've had major issues with parcels coming via Germany in past month - 3 gone missing and returned to sender after coming to Dublin 12 sorting office.
    Also one item posted in Skibbereen on 27th April and a 5th item posted from Suffolk in UK on same date. All gone missing or returned to sender, I found at least 3 of them on the An Post system bouncing all over the place.

Something is very, very wrong at the moment. I've never had more than 1 missing item in a whole year, never mind 5 in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

shoegirl wrote: »
    I've had major issues with parcels coming via Germany in past month - 3 gone missing and returned to sender after coming to Dublin 12 sorting office.
    Also one item posted in Skibbereen on 27th April and a 5th item posted from Suffolk in UK on same date. All gone missing or returned to sender, I found at least 3 of them on the An Post system bouncing all over the place.

Something is very, very wrong at the moment. I've never had more than 1 missing item in a whole year, never mind 5 in a few weeks.

If your items are only getting to the mail centre and being sent back then it suggests there is a major problem with the address .

If there is any form of recognisable address they will send it to the delivery offices that have a version of that address which is why you might see it bouncing around

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The power of Boards, strikes again!! German and Chinese one delivered today. Amazon still stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Gru wrote: »
    well after months of timely parcels it just happened us,

Got a text on Monday from An Post to say my parcel will arrive tomorrow, Tuesday no parcel, it showed on tracking as:

"Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12"

by this morning after the post parcel van passed the house and it was still showing as in Dublin i went and clicked on the link they text to have alternative delivery options and i set it to tomorrow instead.

it then changed to "Change to delivery arrangements requested by customer PARCEL MANAGEMENT WEBSITE,"

and 10 minutes later "We tried to deliver your post LITTLE ISLAND D.S.U., CO CORK"

so at least i should get it tomorrow as they found it in Cork :pac:

Well now I'm worried... After eight days of shipping from Netherlands to Ireland, they found two of my China parcels which both left NL at the same time. I was happy yesterday to see both had reached Dublin Parcel Hub because that would mean I would get them today. Nope. They were sorted yesterday afternoon which would have given them plenty of time to get them delivered today. No updates today and no postman seen either. Have they just decided to take the day off? I've been lucky enough to get all my parcels this year, well one was routed to somewhere in the west but they found it, hopefully I will get these ones as well.

After waiting for a month I'm just a tiny bit irritated that I'll have to wait until next week to see if they still have the parcels and will deliver them.

EDIT: Wow, power of Boards indeed, just after I posted this I checked the tracking app again and guess what... been "getting it ready for delivery" since 6 a.m. Funnily it has taken them five hours to get that update in their system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

What's the point of being able to change the delivery date if they just ignore it? I changed a delivery date a few days ago when a package was still in the Dublin Parcel Hub and they tried to deliver it the next day anyway.

I think only once out of the few times I've changed the date in the last year they've actually taken any notice of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

VG31 wrote: »
    What's the point of being able to change the delivery date if they just ignore it? I changed a delivery date a few days ago when a package was still in the Dublin Parcel Hub and they tried to deliver it the next day anyway.

I think only once out of the few times I've changed the date in the last year they've actually taken any notice of it.

The hub has 2 scans from what I see.

"We have your parcel" - That means it has been received into the hub

If the tracking says "Your delivery has been sorted" then that means it has left the hub.

They should change the wording of the second one to "Your delivery is now on the way to your local delivery unit"

silver2020 wrote: »
    The hub has 2 scans from what I see.

"We have your parcel" - That means it has been received into the hub

If the tracking says "Your delivery has been sorted" then that means it has left the hub.

They should change the wording of the second one to "Your delivery is now on the way to your local delivery unit"

Yes they probably should but surely as long as it's changed before it goes out for delivery it should be enough. Sometimes packages are sorted within minutes of "we have your parcel" anyway.

Regardless, I changed the delivery date well before it was "sorted".
    16 June 2021 03:55

We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery

15 June 2021 22:53

Your delivery has been sorted DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

15 June 2021 21:59

Change to delivery arrangements requested by customer PARCEL MANAGEMENT WEBSITE,

15 June 2021 21:13

We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Don't know if anyone else has had trouble tracking their packages but on Friday there was a several hours delay on updating the status and then around noon the updates stopped altogether. I received all the packages I was waiting for but all of them still show as "getting ready for delivery" even though they were delivered three days ago. I don't know if their tracking system has stopped working completely but just thought I'd mention it.

Don't know if anyone else has had trouble tracking their packages but on Friday there was a several hours delay on updating the status and then around noon the updates stopped altogether. I received all the packages I was waiting for but all of them still show as "getting ready for delivery" even though they were delivered three days ago. I don't know if their tracking system has stopped working completely but just thought I'd mention it.

I sent a package with tracking around 2 weeks ago and the tracking never updated from "we accepted your post". Package arrived a few days later but the tracking never updated after the initial scan from when I paid in the post office.

Also 2 packages I've sent in the last 2 weeks have taken 4 working days to arrive when it's usually always next day or 2 days max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gary550

I sent a package with tracking around 2 weeks ago and the tracking never updated from "we accepted your post". Package arrived a few days later but the tracking never updated after the initial scan from when I paid in the post office.

Also 2 packages I've sent in the last 2 weeks have taken 4 working days to arrive when it's usually always next day or 2 days max.

Honestly I think sometimes their tracking system doesn't be great at updating for whatever reason, I'd assume it's software related.

There has been a lot of our own parcels not even marked as accepted (or anything really) yet were delivered the next day (customers let us know). Some marked accepted and nothing after that, some skipping accepted and going straight to out for (or getting ready for) delivery, some marked as sorted and nothing after that.

I'm waiting for the day a customer cottons on to the fact that nothing is on their tracking code and claims they didn't receive things. I'd hope An post have record on their internal systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

gary550 wrote: »

I'm waiting for the day a customer cottons on to the fact that nothing is on their tracking code and claims they didn't receive things. I'd hope An post have record on their internal systems.

Internal systems definitely show more information and you can also download an .xl file with all your tracking numbers.

Big change coming next week on parcel shipping software. All moving to the cloud so you can print from any pc and no longer need the cumbersome autolynk system

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Text on Wed evening saying delivery next working day (ordered on Monday)
    Tracking showed sorted at Dublin 12 (I'm D8)

Today the tracking hasn't changed - web chat say its held for customs clearance. This is from Amazon (not a third party) why is it being held by customs anyone know?
    Everytime it's come by their own couriers its delivered in a few days from ordering

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one, i also paid for registered post, and it never updated from being accepted in! But a week later the recipient received it thank god, but I was hoping to get proof of delivery but I have none! So annoying (I sent the package to the UK, no trace of it on royal mail either)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Cookiee wrote: »
    Wow I'm glad I'm not the only one, i also paid for registered post, and it never updated from being accepted in! But a week later the recipient received it thank god, but I was hoping to get proof of delivery but I have none! So annoying (I sent the package to the UK, no trace of it on royal mail either)

That would be a Royal mail issue as the recipient country takes control when it enters their system.

The good news is anpost are doing a substantial IT upgrade next week. All label creation will be cloud based (scurri system) and there will be upgrades to tracking too.

Does anyone else find that An Post sometimes don't scan items as delivered? It seems to be nearly always Amazon items for me but that might just be because they're the majority of my packages. They didn't scan a laptop from Amazon last year on delivery. Surely this leaves sellers open to bogus not delivered claims?

I don't remember DPD, UPS, DHL or Amazon Logistics ever not scanning a package on delivery.

Darc19 wrote: »
    That would be a Royal mail issue as the recipient country takes control when it enters their system.

The good news is anpost are doing a substantial IT upgrade next week. All label creation will be cloud based (scurri system) and there will be upgrades to tracking too.

Yeah but an post haven't even scanned it saying that it left Ireland! Only scan was when then scanned it when I handed it to them at the post office!. I talked to an post about it before the receiver told me they got it, and an post suggested I fill in a form for missing delivery, so they don't even have it on their system, and by some grace it made it to the UK, without royal mail scanning it too! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Cookiee wrote: »
    Yeah but an post haven't even scanned it saying that it left Ireland! Only scan was when then scanned it when I handed it to them at the post office!. I talked to an post about it before the receiver told me they got it, and an post suggested I fill in a form for missing delivery, so they don't even have it on their system, and by some grace it made it to the UK, without royal mail scanning it too! Lol

My guess is that the post office person put it into a bag of ordinary mail and it was processed through An Post systems as ordinary mail avoiding the people who scan it in the mail centres .

Doesn't explain why the Royal Mail didn't scan it at the destination address because if you find a registered letter in ordinary mail that you are delivering you are supposed to treat it as a registered item again and get appropriate scans and signatures

SPDUB wrote: »
    My guess is that the post office person put it into a bag of ordinary mail and it was processed through An Post systems as ordinary mail avoiding the people who scan it in the mail centres .

Doesn't explain why the Royal Mail didn't scan it at the destination address because if you find a registered letter in ordinary mail that you are delivering you are supposed to treat it as a registered item again and get appropriate scans and signatures

Yeah I asked royal mail about it and they couldn't help, they say they didn't receive it yet (because no scans) but they obviously did as it arrive to the right address! Weird one but I'm just glad it made it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Does anyone else here get An Post knocking at the door at the most inconvenient moment every time?

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Does anyone else here get An Post knocking at the door at the most inconvenient moment every time?

:p

On the contrary.
    If I am waiting for something anytime is convenient.
    What do want them to do, call again later when you are ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

Anyone waiting on post from the Canary Islands. Have no idea where the delay is coming from but I’m over a month at this stage

blade1 wrote: »
    On the contrary.
    If I am waiting for something anytime is convenient.
    What do want them to do, call again later when you are ready?

Release the grip on your pearls before you hurt yourself.

I wasn’t attacking An Post workers nor was I even criticising them.

The emoji is a clue that the post is meant in humour.

My postman never comes at a regular time and when he does it is always at an inconvenient moment. Every time. Just want to know if this happens to anyone else.

There is no reason for you to get upset.

ian.f wrote: »
    Anyone waiting on post from the Canary Islands. Have no idea where the delay is coming from but I’m over a month at this stage

Have you tried phoning An Post customer service?

The tracking systems gives them access to a lot of details - they can find out exactly where it is in a depot.

I just got an alert on my that a package from Amazon that An Post lost about a month ago is out for delivery.

Amazon have already replaced the items in the meantime so I need to send these back.

If I tell the postman that I won’t accept delivery will An Post return it to Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I just got an alert on my that a package from Amazon that An Post lost about a month ago is out for delivery.

Amazon have already replaced the items in the meantime so I need to send these back.

If I tell the postman that I won’t accept delivery will An Post return it to Amazon?

You could contact Amazon before it arrives, they might say don't bother and keep it?

Wake me up when it's all over.

You could contact Amazon before it arrives, they might say don't bother and keep it?

It arrived just after I posted and the postman was gone by the time I got to the door.

I will contact Amazon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Having serious problems at the moment. Plane tickets, digital covid cert and a few Amazon parcels sent over a week ago and no sign yet. The former two were both sent from Cork and nowhere to be seen.

Not sure if it’s just us but we are having serious delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I had a parcel that was coming from New Zealand, expected to have to pay VAT on it. But it was delivered this morning. Will I get an invoice in the coming days? Or has it just slipped through the net?

• Advertisement

It's slipped through, it's very common in my experience. Only FedEx and sometimes UPS send you a bill later.

Advertisement