Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭obi604

limabromac wrote: »
    Once you have checked "I wish to apply for a refund for ALL customers and for ALL flights booked on this flight reservation " then you should be grand...

If you want piece of mind you could always try it again but I'm sure that the form would probably just say "application in process for this booking"

Ryanair will probably review the form anyway on the other side and notice all flights are cxld will issue you with a follow up email voucher in 20 days..

Thanks. Yeah. Probably would just recognise my reference as been submitted already.

I never got an email with confirmation of what I did. Even though it says I should have got one. I took a screen grab etc but would still liked to have got the confirmation email.

This happen anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

obi604 wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah. Probably would just recognise my reference as been submitted already.

I never got an email with confirmation of what I did. Even though it says I should have got one. I took a screen grab etc but would still liked to have got the confirmation email.

This happen anyone else?

I didnt get any email confirmation either. I did however print off the confirmation page when you submit it showing booking ref and date and time of request.

If I try redo the refund request is says one is already in progress so I'm sure it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

ianobrien wrote: »
    Does anybody have any advice for ferries cancellation and getting the refund?

As they are a French company, the Irish Small Claims process doesn't apply. I've tried a credit card chargeback (holding out not much hope really on that - AIB) and I've a complaint lodged with National Transport Authority (responsible for ferry operators in Ireland) via their complaint process.

Does anyone have any other ideas

I emailed them (Brittany Ferries) after I was given the voucher. They eventually replied with a lot of crap which said neither yes or no.

I replied and said I was formally asking for a refund and would accept nothing else. On 18/5/20 I received an email back stating .....

I am writing to confirm the Refund Credit Note, number xxxxxx issued in respect of this booking has been reversed and a refund by method of payment issued accordingly. In most cases this should show on your card ending xxxx within 5 working days but this may take longer depending on your card issuer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

One of the more interesting lines of the kitchen sink defence:

5.8. Furthermore, the Respondent has implemented forward thinking
    strategies to protect the rights of its customers in circumstances
    where if a passenger, including the Claimant, opts for and receives
    a travel credit voucher and they do not or cannot use the travel
    credit voucher within its twelve-month life the Respondent

will automatically refund the monies to the passenger at the expiry of the 12 months.

Michael O'Leary has consistently said he cannot automatically process
    refunds now he says he can!

In 12 months time......

It takes Ryanair's hot shot software Labs 12 months to develop a simple program to refund passengers.

Your not hiring very good programmers Michael!

how do ye fill in some of the fields here

https://imgur.com/a/RsIn89T

specifically

presume I need to select 'is this a return booking?'

for the Affected flight - do I reference the flight to Faro Or the Flight from Faro

Date of Disrupted flight - do I say the date of flying out or coming back?

Customer First Name and Customer surname - is this the 'lead' passenger / the first name that appears on the itinerary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

how do ye fill in some of the fields here

https://imgur.com/a/RsIn89T

specifically

presume I need to select 'is this a return booking?'

for the Affected flight - do I reference the flight to Faro Or the Flight from Faro

Date of Disrupted flight - do I say the date of flying out or coming back?

Customer First Name and Customer surname - is this the 'lead' passenger / the first name that appears on the itinerary?

it took me sometime to figure out the form but once I did it was able to go through.. the way to fill out the form is :

Select flight cancelled
    Your reservation number
    Airline code FR
    Return booking
    Affected flight Number : Put in the flight code for the returning booking
    Date of disrupted : Put in the returning date of the flight
    Put in the lead/first passengers name even though it might not be your name
    Click All customers on all flights booked
    Enter the encrypted code
    Submit
    Confirm yes
    And wait
    It should go through....
    You do not get a confirmation email so if you can screen grab and take a photo for your records...
    What comes is a voucher in 20days which you either accept (or reject and join the queue for refund again.)..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Has anyone had success with KBC credit card & chargeback? Looks like I’ll be heading that way soon enough.

it took me sometime to figure out the form but once I did it was able to go through.. the way to fill out the form is :

Select flight cancelled
    Your reservation number
    Airline code FR
    Return booking
    Enter the encrypted code
    Submit
    Confirm yes
    And wait
    It should go through....
    You do not get a confirmation email so if you can screen grab and take a photo for your records...
    What comes is a voucher in 20days which you either accept (or reject and join the queue for refund again.)..

Thank you. But how did you figure it out and know what to use - especially to use the flight code of the *returning* booking etc

Thank you. But how did you figure it out and know what to use - especially to use the flight code of the *returning* booking etc

I kept trying to input the "wrong details" such as putting the flight details out of Ireland rather than back home to Ireland and inputting my name instead of the family members name that was the first name on the booking ( my name was the second name on the booking) so I kept receiving an error ...so I chatted to the Ryanair chat CSA who informed me of the correct way...this was on April 1st when I the queue to chat to an agent wasn't that long...they told me the "correct way" to input the details...

I received a voucher in my family members name not my name even tho I paid for all the flights which was just under 1000e...

All ryanairs plan, I believe, to make it really impossible to request a refund...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Has anyone had success with KBC credit card & chargeback? Looks like I’ll be heading that way soon enough.

I'm in the same boat. Was promised my refund would be in my bank tomorrow and if its not I'll try the Chargeback with KBC

• Advertisement

I kept trying to input the "wrong details" such as putting the flight details out of Ireland rather than back home to Ireland and inputting my name instead of the family members name that was the first name on the booking ( my name was the second name on the booking) so I kept receiving an error ...so I chatted to the Ryanair chat CSA who informed me of the correct way...this was on April 1st when I the queue to chat to an agent wasn't that long...they told me the "correct way" to input the details...

I received a voucher in my family members name not my name even tho I paid for all the flights which was just under 1000e...

All ryanairs plan, I believe, to make it really impossible to request a refund...

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, Tis some pain in the b00l0x. Even filling out a simple form is doing me head in. And trying not to balls it up etc due to the money involved. and trying not to give the Ryanair w@nks an excuse etc.

Select flight cancelled
    Your reservation number
    Airline code FR
    Return booking
    Enter the encrypted code
    Submit
    Confirm yes
    And wait
    It should go through....

now that my flight home is confirmed cancelled, I chanced doing it via

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

I got this message just after I submitted:

"Unfortunately we cannot process your application for one of the following reasons: A previous application has already been submitted for this booking"

Fair enough I suppose as I already did it via the link in the mail when the first flight outbound got cancelled on the 18th May

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I just put in the outbound flight number and date and said it was a return flight booking.

Anyways you have to put your reservation number in so both flights will fall under the same reservation so long as you said it was a return booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shady_lady99

Has anyone successfully gotten a refund from VHI multi-trip travel? I travelled to Ecuador in March to do a tour of the Galapagos. When we got back to the mainland we were told the borders were closing that night and to get out as quickly as possible.
    My flight was with Avianca but you couldn’t get in contact with anyone there to change the dates as it was so busy, staff weren’t even at the desk in the airport so I had no choice but to book a new flight home online at a cost of $1800 plus another €150 to get from London to Dublin.
    My travel agent is working on getting refunds for the second half of my trip that I couldn’t complete so I contacted VHI to claim for the extra flight home I had to book but apparently this isn’t covered in my policy...surely this would be one of the main reasons for having travel insurance! Does anyone have any advice on how to recoup any of my costs? My travel agent is not hopeful of getting much from the tour operators or airlines.
    I also have another policy with Irish Life (as part of my health insurance) but they are pretty clear that unless you actually contracted Covid they aren’t covering anything to do with it. So despite being double-y insured it seems neither will actually pay out a cent 🀯

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I've instructed the SCC that i would like this to proceed to court after Ryanair refused to pay, ill take my chances, scare tactics dont bother me, they'll likely do this with every single SCC claim hoping people back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Does anybody know if refunds will eventually be given?

I've applied for one but haven't chased it up.
    If its logged in whatever refund system RA have and I receive it before the end of the year, without the pain of chasing them, I'm happy to just wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I got notification of a flight cancellation for July but the return flight hasn't cancelled yet. Am I better to wait it out or apply for the refund/voucher for the outbound leg and then hope to do the same for the return? Its a Ryanair flight to Poland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Avantcard processed my €600 refund this week. Had to give them all Ryanair correspondence and flight details etc. Took about 4 weeks in total from contacting them

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

As suggested on sticky post I filled eu261 claims for my ryanair flight, I got almost instant answer saying "As per interpretive guidelines on EU passenger rights, announced by the EU commission on cancellations caused due to COVID 19, this is now classified as an extraordinary circumstance and compensation does not apply under EU261/2004."

I thought getting your ticket prices refunded using EU261 was an option, am I missing something? Did anyone tried and suceeded with this method?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just realised the credit card I used when booking expires next month.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

jonnny68 wrote:
    I've instructed the SCC that i would like this to proceed to court after Ryanair refused to pay, ill take my chances, scare tactics dont bother me, they'll likely do this with every single SCC claim hoping people back down.

I'll be keeping a close eye on how you get on, I expect to get the same response myself in a week or two.

The way I see it is that from the outset Ryanair are trying to dodge in any way possible paying people refunds for as long as possible.

They have made it very difficult for people trying to do it via there website and have tried to confuse people into accepting these vouchers instead.

I think now they see multiple cases being taken against them in the Scc their next step is to try and intimidate claimants away from any further action, while also attempting to put pressure on the courts to get these cases thrown out. This action so far is not really costing Ryanair any substantial amount of money.

The thing is if most of these cases proceed and end up goi g to court, it is then going to start costing Ryanair to defend all these cases. I'm wondering at this stage do they just concede that it will cost them far less money to settle with the claimants rather than fighting several costly cases that they could end up loosing anyway.

I guess only time will tell on this.

bonjurkes wrote: »
    As suggested on sticky post I filled eu261 claims for my ryanair flight, I got almost instant answer saying "As per interpretive guidelines on EU passenger rights, announced by the EU commission on cancellations caused due to COVID 19, this is now classified as an extraordinary circumstance and compensation does not apply under EU261/2004."

I thought getting your ticket prices refunded using EU261 was an option, am I missing something? Did anyone tried and suceeded with this method?

What link is on the sticky....?

The email you receive has the link to get a refund...if you don't get an email it's on the cancellation link on my bookings thought ryanair. ..

What link is on the sticky....?

The email you receive has the link to get a refund...if you don't get an email it's on the cancellation link on my bookings thought ryanair. ..

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113271544&postcount=1

I filled the form on https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/ I never got confirmation but now it claims "I already have a waiting application" which I have no confirmation of.

I tried the link that I got into my email and whenever I submit, it says some problem occured. I am not sure if it's because they claim they already got my refund request or it's their ****ty backend, no clue.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113271544&postcount=1

I filled the form on https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/ I never got confirmation but now it claims "I already have a waiting application" which I have no confirmation of.

I tried the link that I got into my email and whenever I submit, it says some problem occured. I am not sure if it's because they claim they already got my refund request or it's their ****ty backend, no clue.

Posted earlier

Select flight cancelled
    Your reservation number
    Airline code FR
    Return booking
    Enter the encrypted code
    Submit
    Confirm yes
    And wait
    It should go through....
    What comes is a voucher in 20days which you either accept (or reject and join the queue for refund again.)

As long as it goes through then your grand. : )

Ryanair are not cool

Just had a talk with chat and they replied: Please note that your refund has now been added to our queue. Once the refund is processed, you should receive a confirmation e-mail onto the address provided in the booking.

God knows when I will get my refund back, time will show.

Just had a talk with chat and they replied: Please note that your refund has now been added to our queue. Once the refund is processed, you should receive a confirmation e-mail onto the address provided in the booking.

God knows when I will get my refund back, time will show.

Great...welcome to the club

Do we need to update the sticky with the right contact information for a refund..

Also could we add that must contact ryanair in some form to make sure that we are in a queue for a refund after they send a "not asked for" voucher
    And maybe could we add the correct way to fill out the form to apply for the refund as rysna make it so difficult...

https://www.boards.ie/...1544&postcount=1

Thank you. : )

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭mrmanire

Hey All,

Has anyone applied for a refund where the airport was changed?

I was due to fly to Boston out of Shannon next Sunday week and was supposed to fly back to Shannon the following Sunday.

Obviously I'm not going to be travelling either way and no flights will be leaving Shannon to Boston as they've been cancelled.

Aerlingus have however rerouted me through Dublin instead. I've been changed from one scheduled flight and to another at another airport so it's a cancellation per EU regulations. Black and white.

There is no avenue for informing Aer Lingus that I'm not accepting the cancellation however.

- The online refund application assumes the flight is cancelled. Aerlingus is leaving this ambiguous.
    - If I cancel my flights online, I forgo my rights altogether.
    - I tried to ring twice today and was hung each time on my first sentence. 'I am ringing to request a refund due a schedule change' and they just hung up. I understand they are refusing to deal with refunds over the phone.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this as Aerlingus seems to be treating this like a flight departure time change rather than a full airport change. The website doesn't even seem to be fit to deal with it and I am apparently departing from both airports on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

mrmanire wrote: »
    Hey All,

Has anyone applied for a refund where the airport was changed?
    !

I was in this situation last year with Norwegian Airlines. I was due to fly from Shannon to Boston, but then the problems with the Max aircraft started. Anyway, Norwegian cancelled the Shannon flight and gave us the option of flying out of Dublin. I refused this and opted for a refund as it was a fundamental change of contract/ destination.

I have a feeling I will be in the same position in July, as I have Aer Lingus flights booked from Shannon to Barcelona, which I can’t see going ahead. If I can’t go from my original airport, this is the basis in which I will be requesting a refund.

I don’t know how you go about informing them of that, maybe don’t open the conversation with “ I’m looking for a refund?”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/ryanair-threatens-blacklist-people-who-22063452

Article about threats to those trying chargeback from earlier.

Advertisement