Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Can I pick someone's brain please...

Ryanair :
    Flight to Italy 30th June got cancelled
    Flight's home July 14th still going ahead (so far)

.. I'm guessing I will lose my money if then return flight does not get cancelled?

Or..

Any grounds to ask for refund?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

Ryanair :

.. I'm guessing I will lose my money if then return flight does not get cancelled?

Or..

Thanks in advance

More than likely your flight home will get cxld closer to the time...so unfortunately you just have to wait...

Travel insurance pays out if you have flight travel disruption..

Just wait it out will be my two cents and hopefully they will cxl...

Is there a flightscanner app to maybe see if that route is operating (from Italy to Ireland) just to give yourself peace of mind that the flight will get cxld in due course....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

Ryanair :

Or..

Thanks in advance

If both flights are on the same booking you are entitled to a full refund.

If they are separate bookings,then you are only entitled to refund on the cancelled flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

limabromac wrote: »
    More than likely your flight home will get cxld closer to the time...so unfortunately you just have to wait...

Travel insurance pays out if you have flight travel disruption..

Just wait it out will be my two cents and hopefully they will cxl...

Is there a flightscanner app to maybe see if that route is operating (from Italy to Ireland) just to give yourself peace of mind that the flight will get cxld in due course....
    paddy19 wrote: »
    If both flights are on the same booking you are entitled to a full refund.

If they are separate bookings,then you are only entitled to refund on the cancelled flight.

Thanks so much guys. That's a relief

I'll process the refund under the reservation number now.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

So I finally received my full refund from Aer Lingus sometime yesterday evening or last night. I must of rang them several times and the last time I rang them I refused to hang up and told them I would go the route of SCC if I did not receive my refund. It took them over 10 weeks to give me my money back.
    Glad it's over with now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭liosnagceann75

Aer Lingus cancelled flights on the 9th and 11th May. When can I expect a voucher? Or is it worth pursuing a refund? Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Anyone any info if the June flights are going to cancel as well? Showing them sold out on website . May as well apply for refund now rather than going through this later

Aer Lingus cancelled flights on the 9th and 11th May. When can I expect a voucher? Or is it worth pursuing a refund? Thanks

Voucher seem to be slow enough from Aer Lingus faster from Ryanair.

Vouchers are no substitute for cash. They have restrictions which can be a pain. Best way to get cash is chargeback on your credit/debit card.

See latest on chargebacks:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058069347

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Anyone any info if the June flights are going to cancel as well? Showing them sold out on website . May as well apply for refund now rather than going through this later

You can't apply for a refund until the flight is actually cancelled.

Be careful that you don't cancel your reservation or you will loose the fare.

See guide to the whole process:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208

Interesting that when I got my refund from Aer Lingus they kept the Admin Charge. This is the ripoff €9 charge per passenger per segment.

I had to query it before they finally refunded it.

They obviously had to deliberately take it out.

So it smells like a try on. Maybe lots of folk are so happy to get the fare refunded that they don't bother asking for the last few Euro.

Very strange!

Be interesting to hear if anyone else got the same treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

paddy19 wrote: »

Be interesting to hear if anyone else got the same treatment.

Nope ó got the full amount

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

CEO of Ryanair DAC (which is not MOL) saying the airline has 20 to 25 million refunds to process, estimated to be worth a billion euro.

Given it's not automated that could take months or years...

In a way, going down the charge back route should save the airline processing a refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

I contacted Ryanair through their online contact form a few weeks ago to say I wanted a cash refund instead of the voucher.

Just got this response:

I acknowledge that you do not wish to accept your refund in voucher format at this time and have requested to remain on the cash refund queue. Please note that until such time as you receive your cash refund, your voucher will remain valid and can be used to purchase flights and ancillaries for any future trip you might wish to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

zac8 wrote: »
    I contacted Ryanair through their online contact form a few weeks ago to say I wanted a cash refund instead of the voucher.

Just got this response:

I acknowledge that you do not wish to accept your refund in voucher format at this time and have requested to remain on the cash refund queue. Please note that until such time as you receive your cash refund, your voucher will remain valid and can be used to purchase flights and ancillaries for any future trip you might wish to plan.

I just got the same email a few minutes ago. They obviously have sent that email in bulk to everyone who requested a cash refund. They are a disgrace. I'm looking forward to my day in the SCC with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Just got it too. What's their game I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Got it an hour ago too

Got an email from Aer Lingus earlier telling me a flight had ben cancelled for June.

Got their usual crap email about a voucher which I dont want and no link to apply for a refund.

I found what appears to be a refund request form on their website and filled in my details.

I tried a couple of times but got the below error message. Has this happened to anyone?

"There was an error in the submission of your request. Please try your submission again.

Please go back to previous page and submit again.

Got an email from Aer Lingus earlier telling me a flight had ben cancelled for June.

Got their usual crap email about a voucher which I dont want and no link to apply for a refund.

I found what appears to be a refund request form on their website and filled in my details.

I tried a couple of times but got the below error message. Has this happened to anyone?

"There was an error in the submission of your request. Please try your submission again.

Please go back to previous page and submit again.

What dates was it for out of interest and where to? Expecting one any day now for faro

I also have two flights booked with Vueling.

They are both cancelled so I requested a refund.

They want me to ring to claim my cash refund.

What number have people been calling them on?

Is it the one for other countries?

What dates was it for out of interest and where to? Expecting one any day now for faro

It was the 13th June. Lisbon to Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

In a way, going down the charge back route should save the airline processing a refund!

Chargebacks require the merchant bank to issue a letter to the retailer and then for the retailer to examine the letter and support documents. Different merchant banks charge different chargeback rates but it can be in the range of 20-50 EUR per transaction or so I am told. On top of that there is the retailers admin cost of dealing with the merchant bank. Nutshell, chargebacks cost way more for the retailer/airline than simply processing the refund.

zac8 wrote: »
    Just got this response:
    I acknowledge that you do not wish to accept your refund in voucher format at this time and have requested to remain on the cash refund queue.

This is Ryanair acting the maggot as usual.

Ryanair want to give the impression that you have to call or chat to reject the voucher so that they can try to get you to accept it.

Per EU261 you only have to request a refund once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭ronano

Has anyone had a refund from ryanair when using a revolut card?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

I have an Aer Lingus flight tomorrow morning to Spain. It obviously isn't going ahead but I still haven't received an email cancelling it. Though I have received several emails offering to let me apply for a voucher. Wonder if I'll actually receive a cancellation email.

That’s mental. What a shower of b*stards. What is their notion behind this?? Can you claim a refund after tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 baldur1

That’s mental. What a shower of b*stards. What is their notion behind this?? Can you claim a refund after tomorrow?

Tis rather strange. Without an official cancellation email I imagine it will be slightly more difficult. But the flight is definitely not going so I am entitled to a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anybody actually got a voucher from Aer Lingus yet? I'm waiting 7 weeks at this stage and all I can find is a recorded message on their support line saying they're working on it.

You can claim a refund after the flight has not flown or when the airline cancels the flight.

Ryanair in fairness have been upfront with two weeks in advance cancellations but not with refunds.

Aer Lingus are not officially cancelling flights early, claiming that flights are "sold out".

You need to keep a record of the refund request.
    Take screenshots in case the email does not come through.

baldur1 wrote: »
    Tis rather strange. Without an official cancellation email I imagine it will be slightly more difficult. But the flight is definitely not going so I am entitled to a refund.

Yes it certainly doesn't help.

One would think that the airline would not contest the cancellation but in the Ryanair kitchen sink defence, there it is:

"2.7. The Claimant failed to provide evidence of the alleged cancellation" .

Not too easy to prove a flight did not happen, best bet is to use the flight history in www.flightaware.com which shows the dates when the flight did fly.

Crazy I know having to produce evidence to an airline that they cancelled their own flight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I have flights with Etihad booked through Jetabroad.

I just got an email saying that Etihad don't do refunds, just credits.

So not jetabroad are saying I have credits with them and I'll be charhedn$50 per ticket to reissue the ticket upon making a new booking.

They also said they will cancel any chargeback requests my bank makes.

Surely this can't be right???

Advertisement