Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

aisleseat wrote: »
    Great news is right :) .. it was on March 23rd and for an amount of EUR650 so such a relief to get this back

Delighted for ya, mines 1000 for April flights so you and the other poster have given us all hope...

Good news Wednesday...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aisleseat

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    jaysis a one way flight with ryanair for 650, were ye going to Mars? :pac:

Not quite :pac: - 2 adults and 2 children from gran canaria. It was around the time of a few days off for school holidays so pricing was nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aisleseat

Had you instigated a card chargeback or complaint to Flightrights?

No, all via Ryanair themselves.
    When I got the voucher email I phoned their call centre (hours on hold) and told them that I wanted to proceed with the refund request. At the time I didnt think anything would happen but they must have just put me back in the queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Not quite :pac: - 2 adults and 2 children from gran canaria. It was around the time of a few days off for school holidays so pricing was nuts

ah the main thing is ya got it back,

gives a bit of hope for the rest of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

No, all via Ryanair themselves.
    When I got the voucher email I phoned their call centre (hours on hold) and told them that I wanted to proceed with the refund request. At the time I didnt think anything would happen but they must have just put me back in the queue

Our flights were April 1 so maybe next week I'll hear from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭obi604

paddy19 wrote: »
    You do not need to chase it up.
    You made a valid refund request under EU261.
    They should simply give your cash.
    It should be automatic within 24 hours like the car rental companies.

They want you to contact them to try to flog you crappy voucher.
    They are not going to move you up in the queue which they have said will be worked after "the crisis is over".

If you want your money anytime soon you should try chargeback.

See chargeback thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058069347

thanks, so my refund request was on 18th May. so only 9 days ago.

sounds like next step is chargeback option. Do I have to wait 30 days from refund request date to begin this?

Then if this fails, are the next steps equal to:

- SCC
    THEN
    - Flight rights

Sorry for all the q's , just trying to figure out the dates and amount of days to leave between X and Y. and the best order of things and if you can really only do one request at a time or have them all running together (chargeback, CSS, flight rights)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭StreetLight

My Ryanair flights were for 16 and 22 March. The outbound flight operated, but the return was cancelled by Ryanair.
    I applied for a refund and got an email acknowledgement, but haven't heard a thing since then. Was never even offered a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Our flights were April 1 so maybe next week I'll hear from them.

Mine was 20 March (refund application submitted 11 March) and I've heard nothing so don't get too excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Caranica wrote: »
    Mine was 20 March (refund application submitted 11 March) and I've heard nothing so don't get too excited!

Also maybe they are processing refunds first for those who didn't instigate chargeback or other methods to get their money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭acequion

HELP!! From one dire company to another! My problem is that I'm locked out of my Eir webmail and can't access my Ryanair mails.

In order to unlock the account you have to provide Eir with exact details of three mails you received in the last six months. Eir are the absolute pits to deal with, worse than Ryanair :mad:

So my problem is that I know I got the voucher offer and I know the date but I can't remember the exact subject of that mail. If any of you who received similar, would be kind enough to check your mail and tell me the subject line [Voucher offer or something like that?] plus the sender [which I think might be something like noreply@ryanair.com] you'd be doing me an enormous favour. :):)

Thanks a million in advance to whoever can help me out with this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

acequion wrote: »
    HELP!! From one dire company to another! My problem is that I'm locked out of my Eir webmail and can't access my Ryanair mails.

In order to unlock the account you have to provide Eir with exact details of three mails you received in the last six months. Eir are the absolute pits to deal with, worse than Ryanair :mad:

So my problem is that I know I got the voucher offer and I know the date but I can't remember the exact subject of that mail. If any of you who received similar, would be kind enough to check your mail and tell me the subject line [Voucher offer or something like that?] plus the sender [which I think might be something like noreply@ryanair.com] you'd be doing me an enormous favour. :):)

Thanks a million in advance to whoever can help me out with this!

acequion, it sounds like you don't need to know the details of the Ryanair emails, just the details of ANY 3 emails.

Can you get 3 emails sent to you now from friends who can advise you of details (eg random numbers in there etc) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

josip wrote: »
    acequion, it sounds like you don't need to know the details of the Ryanair emails, just the details of ANY 3 emails.

Can you get 3 emails sent to you now from friends who can advise you of details (eg random numbers in there etc) ?

this, and if you've ever sent something to yourself....from work or some other email that you can check now and give them details of those

Am trying. The problem is I rarely use that eir account and for very good reason. Unfortunately I hadn't changed it for Ryanair, I have now going forward.

But I'm certain I got the voucher one from ryanair at the end of April so I just need the subject line from someone, it must be the same subject line sent to everybody and I should have three then.

So thanks a mil to anyone who can check that in their inbox please. :) You see I can't even access that stuff now via myryanair since the flight was cancelled and I issued the refund procedure. The only way to access is through that locked Eir account or god forbid,via Ryanair call centre, another nightmare.:mad:

Am trying. The problem is I rarely use that eir account and for very good reason. Unfortunately I hadn't changed it for Ryanair, I have now going forward.

But I'm certain I got the voucher one from ryanair at the end of April so I just need the subject line from someone, it must be the same subject line sent to everybody and I should have three then.

So thanks a mil to anyone who can check that in their inbox please. :) You see I can't even access that stuff now via myryanair since the flight was cancelled and I issued the refund procedure. The only way to access is through that locked Eir account or god forbid,via Ryanair call centre, another nightmare.:mad:

We are experiencing an unprecedented volume of support requests due to Covid-19, so we kindly ask you to bear with us at this busy time. The processing time for cash refunds is taking far longer than normal as we are processing over 1,000 times the normal volume of cancellations. We also have 75% fewer staff available to process refunds due to social distancing restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

MarkY91 wrote: »
    UPDATE:

upon showing jetabroad what Etihad said about being eligible for a full refund, they're now saying that Etihad are allowing refunds just since today...LOL

It's actually funny how pathetic their lies are.

1 more issue, they're charging me £50 per person fee to do the refund. Surely this is something I don't have to allow happen? What could I say to make them backtrack on this too?

The €50 per person fee is problematic because the jetabroad Terms give them broad scope to impose charges.

Lots of the OTA's use this business model.
    Low prices but hefty charges if you need to change anything.

Still think resolver or chargeback are your best options.

jetabroad Terms:
    6. Changes and cancellations

Generally, all reservations for products and services purchased on the Jetabroad site will incur penalties and/or fees for changes and/or cancellations, imposed by product providers, as well as Jetabroad.

Airline websites provide conditions of carriage, including terms and conditions for schedule changes and other flight disruptions.

If an airline ticket is refundable, the total cost to cancel will include any applicable Airline charges and Jetabroad's fees. Jetabroad provides refund estimates based on its interpretation of fare rules, however the final amount is determined by the airline. The refundable amount (less Jetabroad fees) will be sent to the original account provided as a form of payment once the airline has processed the refund and returned the monies paid to Jetabroad. Airline refund payment processing can take from 4 to 12 weeks, with longer time frames for some airlines.

obi604 wrote: »

sounds like next step is chargeback option. Do I have to wait 30 days from refund request date to begin this?

- SCC
    THEN
    - Flight rights

Sorry for all the q's , just trying to figure out the dates and amount of days to leave between X and Y. and the best order of things and if you can really only do one request at a time or have them all running together (chargeback, CSS, flight rights)

if I was to apply now for chargeback, will they just say, waste of time, please wait 30 days

and am I as well off starting the chargeback and the SCC and the flight rights at same time or should there be a sequence

if I was to apply now for chargeback, will they just say, waste of time, please wait 30 days

and am I as well off starting the chargeback and the SCC and the flight rights at same time or should there be a sequence

You might have seen that ryanair are starting to refund people albeit from march but at least it's a start ..its up to you what you want to do.... chargeback depending on which bank could take 2 months... SCC could take longer but if your flights were with Aerlingus it's shorter.... Flightrights are taking a while too...

There is no right way, sequence or pattern to follow, you can try them all at the same time...

I can only tell you my experience 10 weeks waiting for ryanair refund, 5 weeks waiting for flightrights and chargeback....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lucky76848

Just off the live chat with Ryanair and they said that they are still working from home and they do not know when they will be back to the office. I also asked them why people with march bookings have received emails that their refund has been processed, however agent answered that they do not have information regarding this.

Lucky76848 wrote: »
    Just off the live chat with Ryanair and they said that they are still working from home and they do not know when they will be back to the office. I also asked them why people with march bookings have received emails that their refund has been processed, however agent answered that they do not have information regarding this.

I was on the chat today as well, as for my last canceled flight ( I have like 8 with them) I didn't get the usual "we are busy here is a voucher" email after 10 days and I had an error message when applied for a refund so wanted to know if I was even in the queue. He confirmed I was, he sad he has no clue if I will ever get that email, no clue when the refunds will start..:confused:

Can anybody please tell me the subject of the email with the voucher offer and what address did it come from? For example the cancellation email went like this:

Ryanair Cancellations <info@change.ryanair.com>

I have the date. I just need that part of the puzzle to unlock my Eir emails and to access my Ryanair mails.

If anybody would be so kind as to check their inbox and see what was on theirs as these are generic mails.

I would be hugely grateful. Thanks a mil.

• Advertisement

Can anybody please tell me the subject of the email with the voucher offer and what address did it come from? For example the cancellation email went like this:

I have the date. I just need that part of the puzzle to unlock my Eir emails and to access my Ryanair mails.

If anybody would be so kind as to check their inbox and see what was on theirs as these are generic mails.

emails had no subject "(no subject)"

and they same from
    Ryanair Customer Services <info@care.ryanair.com>

• Registered Users Posts: 26 johnny1x

not my understanding or experience with BOI Mastercard - i posted my request for a charge back on thursday last week, money back on tuesday.

30 days with BOI is the time they allow for a refund to be processed, by in my case aer lingus, once originally requested by me.

I think this was in the subject line...

Your recent correspondence with Ryanair
    Ryanair Group Customer Care (Ryanair DAC, Lauda & Malta Air)
    Ryanair Customer Services
    info@care.ryanair.com

johnny1x wrote: »
    not my understanding or experience with BOI Mastercard - i posted my request for a charge back on thursday last week, money back on tuesday.

30 days with BOI is the time they allow for a refund to be processed, by in my case aer lingus, once originally requested by me.

so you requested the refund from Aer lingus AND the charge back request at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

I've PMed you a copy of my email.
    My subject line was "=?utf-8?B??="

• Registered Users Posts: 26 johnny1x

so you requested the refund from Aer lingus AND the charge back request at the same time

no i originally requested a refund, after 6 weeks i emailed asking when it was likely the refund would issue and after a 2 week period of no response i then requested a chargeback.

my understanding is BOI allow 30 days to refund, as 8 weeks had passed without refund, BOI processed my request for chargeback within less then 3 days, not including weekend.

- SCC
    THEN
    - Flight rights

Wait 7 working days from your request. That's what they have under EU162.
    There is no point in waiting any longer (AL are months at best, Ryanair are 12 months) unless you are not in hurry.

Chargeback is working best, but can take a while depending on the bank.
    Flightrights is working but can be slow.
    SCC is working fast for Aer Lingus but not at all Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

My aerlingus request for refund in since start of April....zero sign of it...just the usual you are in a queue type response

paddy19 wrote: »
    Chargeback is working best, but can take a while depending on the bank.
    Flightrights is working but can be slow.
    SCC is working fast for Aer Lingus but not at all Ryanair.

AIB (and ryanair flights), so presume haven't a chance

• Advertisement

AIB (and ryanair flights), so presume haven't a chance

AIB have rowed back from their feck off approach so worth a try.

You'll have to hustle but what have you got to loose?

Advertisement