Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭obi604

paddy19 wrote: »
    AIB have rowed back from their feck off approach so worth a try.

You'll have to hustle but what have you got to loose?

true

right, I might just wait a few more days as only been 9 days since my refund request with Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

obi604 wrote: »
    true

right, I might just wait a few more days as only been 9 days since my refund request with Ryanair

Aib chargeback Form can be found online . and you can send it to their address in sandyford...along with a letter..ring credit cards to get it initially disputed as a starting point..... wait a few more days and then give them a call...and if you have something to say that you have requested a refund include this in your letter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭acequion

Thanks a million to those who posted and pmd with details of the Ryanair mails. Hugely appreciate the help.

Fingers crossed that I now have enough to get my mails unlocked. I have had two flight cancellations with Ryanair and really need to access those mails.

As I said earlier, it's hard to know who's worse, Eir or Ryanair. They rhyme like a bad song, have they both the curse of the Irish! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Had 2 separate return flights with ryanair, one in early march to Rome, another one early may to Bratislava.

Flight to Rome was cancelled by Ryanair a day before departure ( not that I was going to travel ) and everything worked fairly ok, refund process request sent, email with refund confirmation received, but no refund came... Phone calls to customer service, live chat and everything else done, refunds went from 5-7 days, to 14 days to 28 days to whenever the pandemic is over. A few weeks later a voucher email arrived, another phone call to refuse it ( if it was as AL with 110% and for 5 years i would've kept it ) and put in refund queue...

Flight to Bratislava was completely different experience, no refund email after cancelling, voucher offer a 2 weeks after cancelling, chat with online agent to refuse it and put in queue for refund.

After reading this thread, opened a case with PayPal for both.

Yesterday PayPal issued a refund for the first flight as it had the refund email confirmation.

AND TODAY Ryanair emailed me that it's THEM who are processing my refund after loosing the case.

Don't have a resolution on the second case yet as i had no email with the refund confirmation from Ryanair....

Absolute chancers, that email from them that they processed my refund was just insult to injury...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

One possible way around the lack of an refund application email from Ryanair is
    to enter the data again in the refund page.

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

You should get a pop-up saying

" A previous application has already been received for your booking"
    (see #410 this thread).

A screenshot of this page showing the booking # and the popup
    should be sufficient proof that you have already requested a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Albert12

Shocking stuff altogether from our government...Mr varadkar today said that it couldn't be retrospectively changed which is hopeful..
    Sent my flightrights claim off on the 27th and my chargeback had been with AIB for 8 days but they said it would take 100 days... looks like AIB,Shane Ross and Heather Humphreys and MOL are having the chats behind closed doors and making plans for our money as they go along..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I get this in my emails this morning.
    Dear Customer,

We apologise for any inconvenience caused from your recent flight cancellation.

We sent you an email inviting you to move your cancelled flight for free or apply for a refund. Moving your flight is very easy, there are no change fees, you don’t have to pay the fare difference and you can travel to any destination on our network. Please check Ryanair.com as there may be options for you to move to an alternative flight on the next/previous day to your original.

We’re operating over 1,000 flights a day from 1 July and we’ve introduced new health measures on board to protect our guests and people. Free Move is a great option if you still wish to travel over the next couple of months and we’ve made a short video to show you how to complete your Free Move in 4 easy steps. Click here.

We look forward to welcoming you on board in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Ryanair Group Customer Care (Ryanair DAC, Lauda & Malta Air)

Since Ive already requested a refund and have no proof of that do I need to do anything with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

Hellrazer wrote: »

Since Ive already requested a refund and have no proof of that do I need to do anything with this?

I got the same email this morning. And did not get the mails I got for my other canceled flights, saying I applied for a refund but bla bla and offering the voucher.

So now even though I applied for a refund (site was broken and showed error, but nce I re-entered everything in the form was saying "application already exists") from this email it reads like I didn't.

And I was even on a chat with them yday and was confirmed I was in a refund queue.

Have they offered you a voucher yet??or have you just done nothing since the flight was cxld?

Have you chatted to them to say that you are not happy that they have offered you a voucher and you would prefer a refund....they will then confirm you are in the refund Queue (again, even tho you originally thought you were in the refund Queue) but this time you can get a copy of the transcript sent to your email wand now you definitely know you are in the queue..

It looks like if you do nothing, like in your case, they will presume you are accepting the voucher and keep sending ! Hounding) you emails to make you book new flights ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Am I right in saying Aer Lingus are lying to us customers?. They know fine rightly that large majority of June flights Will not operate.
    They appear to be trying to hold out as long as possible before they cancel any flights so that people will apply for vouchers before then. Aer Lingus are circumventing EU regulations and refusing to engage in refunds.

Our accommodation provider wants full payment for our trip to Portugal on Friday 5th June next week. All that Aer Lingus keep saying to me on the phone and on twitter is that the flight will operate- yet it is clear to see that hundreds of other flights in June have been cancelled by them.

We’ve been saving for this for a long time and it’s for my dads milestone birthday, all 3 of us children and our other halves were to go.

Will we just cancel the villa at this stage with the villa owner and just wait for Aer lingus to cancel? To be honest not expecting them to do so until very near our flight on 20th June which will be too late if we pay all accommodation.

• Advertisement

limabromac wrote: »
    Have you chatted to them to say that you are not happy that they have offered you a voucher and you would prefer a refund....they will then confirm you are in the refund Queue (again, even tho you originally thought you were in the refund Queue) but this time you can get a copy of the transcript sent to your email wand now you definitely know you are in the queue..

It looks like if you do nothing, like in your case, they will presume you are accepting the voucher and keep sending ! Hounding) you emails to make you book new flights ...
    As I was also on a chat with them for the same reason I was hoping you would get a transcript, but you do not get it :/
    I actually wanted it for chargback I will go with.

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying Aer Lingus are lying to us customers?. They know fine rightly that large majority of June flights Will not operate.
    They appear to be trying to hold out as long as possible before they cancel any flights so that people will apply for vouchers before then. Aer Lingus are circumventing EU regulations and refusing to engage in refunds.

Our accommodation provider wants full payment for our trip to Portugal on Friday 5th June next week. All that Aer Lingus keep saying to me on the phone and on twitter is that the flight will operate- yet it is clear to see that hundreds of other flights in June have been cancelled by them.

We’ve been saving for this for a long time and it’s for my dads milestone birthday, all 3 of us children and our other halves were to go.

Will we just cancel the villa at this stage with the villa owner and just wait for Aer lingus to cancel? To be honest not expecting them to do so until very near our flight on 20th June which will be too late if we pay all accommodation.
    yes they are.
    I had a flight with them in April, I could see there was no flights to or from Budapest in April at all. Tracking on Dub airport site. And when talking to them on Fb chat or anywhere they were just repeating they don't know bla bla and got an email 2 days before. :mad:

Still waiting on a refund from 15.04.

As I was also on a chat with them for the same reason I was hoping you would get a transcript, but you do not get it :/
    I actually wanted it for chargback I will go with.

Did you ask...? I asked and got one... unfortunately they don't offer it ..another tactic ..

Good morning I understand the situation that you are in and can confirm you are in the queue for a cash refund but due to the large backlog we are dealing with at the moment that this may take some time

11:53:09 am

Thank you leanne...As long as I am in the queue then I hope that queue moves quicky.. we are under pressure with bills/mortgage and I understand that you are too so I hope you have a lovely day and thanks for confirming that im in the correct queue for a cash refund .

Leanne 11:54:24 am

That is no problem at all. Hopefully things will go back to normal and we will be able to get your money back to you soon. Is there anything else i can do for you today?

11:54:47 am

Nothing at all .thankyou.kind regards

Leanne 11:54:55 am

You are welcome. If there's anything else I can assist you with please come back to us. Have a lovely day.

Did you ask...? I asked and got one... unfortunately they don't offer it ..another tactic ..

Good morning I understand the situation that you are in and can confirm you are in the queue for a cash refund but due to the large backlog we are dealing with at the moment that this may take some time

11:53:09 am

Thank you leanne...As long as I am in the queue then I hope that queue moves quicky.. we are under pressure with bills/mortgage and I understand that you are too so I hope you have a lovely day and thanks for confirming that im in the correct queue for a cash refund .

Leanne 11:54:24 am

That is no problem at all. Hopefully things will go back to normal and we will be able to get your money back to you soon. Is there anything else i can do for you today?

11:54:47 am

Nothing at all .thankyou.kind regards

Leanne 11:54:55 am

You are welcome. If there's anything else I can assist you with please come back to us. Have a lovely day.
    no, didn't ask.
    might go on it again today at some point. I will say I got that email where it seems like I didn't even requested a refund and them when they say their part , ask for transcript

no, didn't ask.
    might go on it again today at some point. I will say I got that email where it seems like I didn't even requested a refund and them when they say their part , ask for transcript

Great...good luck... Yes they are so tricky but we will get there and get our money back...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

no, didn't ask.
    might go on it again today at some point. I will say I got that email where it seems like I didn't even requested a refund and them when they say their part , ask for transcript thanks :)

Several posters have been told that they are now back in the refund queue,
    the implication is that Ryanair removed customers from the queue when they sent out the unrequested vouchers.

We need to establish if Ryanair are removing customers from the refund queue.
    If this were proven this would be pretty outrageous since you only have to apply once per EU261.

I don't think they are, but with Ryanair never say never!

I think they are using it as a tactic to scare people into contacting them
    so that they get a another chance to flog a voucher.

I, thankfully, don't have a booking with Ryanair so I can't check.

Posters can clarify this allegation if customers who requested a refund and
    received a voucher can try to re-enter their booking code on the
    https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/.

If they get a pop-up saying
    "Unfortunately we cannot process your refund for one of the following reasons:
    a previous application has been submitted for your booking"
    Then we know that the passenger is still in the refund queue.

If it takes a new refund request we know that Ryanair are removing passengers from the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

the implication is that Ryanair removed customers from the queue when they sent out the unrequested vouchers.

If this were proven this would be pretty outrageous since you only have to apply once per EU261.

If it takes a new refund request we know that Ryanair are removing passengers from the queue.

I have used that link 3 times, including today, since I was originally put on the refund list and every time it says I'm already on the refund list.

I have received multiple voucher offer emails from Ryanair but I have never called them.

What I see is that people have already asked for a refund and received a voucher...that voucher turns automatically into a cash refund once it has expired...if you want to wait for them to automatically refund you then you take the chance of them remembering the voucher in a year, plus you may have to factor in any expired credit/debit cards .

If you were going to resubmit the request for refund I believe what will happen is the computer will say that a request had already been submitted because in the computers world it already has.

Ryanair came up with the voucher system after you have asked for a refund so it had to have been manually input so it overrides the refund Queue...computer will say that you have put a request in already for the refund but it knew nothing of a voucher at this stage so it will not come back and say "Voucher sent to customer" it will say " refund already requested"

The queue for refund turned into a voucher email but the computer doesn't know this ..( I really hope I'm making sense) : )

To take yourself out of the voucher queue you can either wait and it apparently turns into cash in a year, or
    You can express your dissatisfaction and ask to join the new cash refund Queue .....

What would be interesting would be to find out from people who have just received a ryanair refund from ryanair directly, those who had a flight in March, what they did when they received the voucher email...???

Did they:

A. Request a refund when flight was cancelled

B. Do nothing when they received the voucher email

C. Chat to Ryanair and ask to be put back into the refund cash queue

From that article.....

Customers who choose not to accept a free [booking] move or voucher will be refunded in due course, once this unprecedented crisis is over.”

So you've got to choose to not accept to get a refund....once you receive a voucher you've got to choose not to accept it....just as you chose not to accept a free move...

I personally will never fly with ryanair ever again...this was our first week long family holiday ever ...got passports for the kids and we were so looking forward to it, now my other half has had to take a pay cut and we have to sell a car just to make sure our head is above water. We are wiser than the last recession so we will be fine but it's not very fair when someone that has a 1000eof your savings and won't give them back to you and keeps moving the goalposts...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have they offered you a voucher yet??or have you just done nothing since the flight was cxld?

All of teh above done.Claimed on line with the form.
    Also have a chat transcript aswell.
    Still sending emails.
    Just on to BOI here today and they are processing it aswell.

Typical RA bulls**t to be honest.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Same here, got email offering voucher, did chat (got transcript) to confirm I want a refund, will give them a week again and start chargeback (with AIB so not hopeful). Then again got an email saying we acknowledge your chat for refund but you can still use the voucher, they have some neck. Like others I will seriously remember how they are treating people with utter contempt. Id rather pay extra going forward than use them again.

All of teh above done.Claimed on line with the form.
    Also have a chat transcript aswell.
    Still sending emails.
    Just on to BOI here today and they are processing it aswell.

Typical RA bulls**t to be honest.

Very good...boi have a good reputation for chargebacks and you have loads of proof....so you should see your money very soon... Report back with your result... : )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Just after getting an email from Ryanair, pushing their agenda for me to change my cancelled flight from March free of charge. I've already requested a refund but these f*cks are still hell bent on pushing people to do the opposite of what we've already requested and that's a full refund.

shocksy wrote: »
    Just after getting an email from Ryanair, pushing their agenda for me to change my cancelled flight from March free of charge. I've already requested a refund but these f*cks are still hell bent on pushing people to do the opposite of what we've already requested and that's a full refund.

Looks like they are working slowly through March for a refund so you may be lucky soon...

When you requested the refund and received the voucher did you let them know that you are not accepting the voucher and choose to remain in the queue for a refund? It would be good to know as your flight was one of the first to have gotten cxld...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭cloonymee

Looks like they are working slowly through March for a refund so you may be lucky soon...

When you requested the refund and received the voucher did you let them know that you are not accepting the voucher and choose to remain in the queue for a refund? It would be good to know as your flight was one of the first to have gotten cxld...

I got this same email for a July flight that was cancelled a few days ago so it could be just a blanket email.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aisleseat

Did they:

A. Request a refund when flight was cancelled

B. Do nothing when they received the voucher email

C. Chat to Ryanair and ask to be put back into the refund cash queue

Hi there, I did point A above
    When I received the voucher email, I called them and advised that I would not accept the voucher and to put me back in the queue for a refund. Other than hearing a few taps on the keyboard on the other side of the line, I had no confirmation that I was back in the refund queue.

I subsequently received the second email advising me that if the voucher was not used with 12 months that I would then get my refund so at that stage I was resigned to the fact that I wouldnt be getting my money back anytime soon.

Then the refund confirmation yesterday, so while I doubted the agent that I spoke to, it does appear that they did something on their side to put me back on the refund list

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is there a cost (time/money) to Ryanair to deal with each SCC claim or Chargeback claim presented by reputable banks ?

It may be that at this stage the projected costs outweigh any advantages of trying to extend the involuntary interest free loan they've taken from their customers.
    Perhaps it is simply the best commercial course of action?

aisleseat wrote: »
    Hi there, I did point A above
    When I received the voucher email, I called them and advised that I would not accept the voucher and to put me back in the queue for a refund. Other than hearing a few taps on the keyboard on the other side of the line, I had no confirmation that I was back in the refund queue.

I subsequently received the second email advising me that if the voucher was not used with 12 months that I would then get my refund so at that stage I was resigned to the fact that I wouldnt be getting my money back anytime soon.

Then the refund confirmation yesterday, so while I doubted the agent that I spoke to, it does appear that they did something on their side to put me back on the refund list

Great so you did A and C...chatted to them to get back on the refund list... And have you received your money into your bank account or at least that it's on the way back you your account....

Just as a seperate side note , Ticketmaster are also working from home ..I emailed them as they rescheduled two gigs until next year,so i requested a refund instead yesterday and today they have said that they have refunded my bank account ( 3-5 working days)

• Advertisement

Great so you did A and C...chatted to them to get back on the refund list... And have you received your money into your bank account or at least that it's on the way back you your account....

Just as a seperate side note , Ticketmaster are also working from home ..I emailed them as they rescheduled two gigs until next year,so i requested a refund instead yesterday and today they have said that they have refunded my bank account ( 3-5 working days)

The best way to expedite a Ticketmaster refund is to DM them on Twitter with your ticket number and they will process your refund straight away.

I wonder would a similar tactic work with Aer Lingus?

Advertisement