Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Has anyone had an Aer Lingus flight cancelled recently? I have a flight from Perpignan back to Dublin on Sunday week that they still haven't cancelled yet. I presume they're just leaving it as late as possible to get as many as they can to apply for their vouchers.

they cancelled mine 6 days after it didnt fly....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

paddy19 wrote: »
    Copy from Ryanair Ryanair Ryanair
    NickSantigo

Refund Success

I got an email from Ryanair yesterday confirming my refund
    "We acknowledge your request for a refund in lieu of a travel voucher for your unused booking.

We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking.
    Your issuing bank will take 5-7 working days to process this refund amount back to your account."

Had been waiting since March for a refund but getting no joy. They kept offering me a voucher.
    I lodged a complaint to the regulator here https://www.flightrights.ie/ and all of a sudden things started to move.

May be worth making a complaint if you are getting no joy dealing with Ryanair directly
    Happy hunting

Great stuff. How long ago did you complain via flightrights? I lodged mine 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Great stuff. How long ago did you complain via flightrights? I lodged mine 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing.

mine about a ryanair flight went in on the 28th April.. no response yet

they did reply about my Aer Lingus one about a week after i had already been refunded by Aer Lingus

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

I logged my flightrights on the 22nd April...no news yet ..they said it would take three months for a response...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Has anyone contacted Aviva Insurance to look for a partial refund of their car insurance? I see other insurance companies are offering refunds but Aviva are not.

They are stating that they will offer a competitive quote on renewal.

I would prefer a refund now and take my chances on renewal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    mine about a ryanair flight went in on the 28th April.. no response yet

they did reply about my Aer Lingus one about a week after i had already been refunded by Aer Lingus

Yeah, sent mine to Flightrights on April 29th about a Ryanair flight, haven't heard anything since initial acknowledgment either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Has anyone contacted Aviva Insurance to look for a partial refund of their car insurance? I see other insurance companies are offering refunds but Aviva are not.

Fbd sent out one 4 all vouchers, I got mine yesterday. Would have preferred cash tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

I just got a cancellation email from A.L. for my flights SNN-BCN on July 2nd. The email offers flight change or the voucher +10% option. Looks like I’ll have to dig around their website for the refund forms.

At least its on a BOI card, so chargeback will likely be an option.

Let the games begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

got a 2nd email from RA within a week "suggesting" i take a refund voucher
    They are now calling it a "refund" voucher in the hope it probably catches a few people out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

got 2 lots of refunds back from Laya already for the 2 plans I have with them....bloody fantastic

• Advertisement

ratracer wrote: »
    I just got a cancellation email from A.L. for my flights SNN-BCN on July 2nd. The email offers flight change or the voucher +10% option. Looks like I’ll have to dig around their website for the refund forms.

At least its on a BOI card, so chargeback will likely be an option.

Let the games begin!

Here it is

https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/disrupted-flight-refund-form/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    got 2 lots of refunds back from Laya already for the 2 plans I have with them....bloody fantastic
    But is it not for a maximum of circa €198 per policy, irrespective of the premium?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Tippgirl74

Lex Luthor wrote: »

I know it's off topic...but maybe related if money is tight.... but I think it' s a great service that gp zoom consultation calls are free at the moment through laya. Did one (for a minor health query) and found it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

. Chargeback hit the account today..all sorted with AIB!! : )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just got notice PayPal will be refunding me since Air Baltic keep spoofing that they already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

limabromac wrote: »
    . Chargeback hit the account today..all sorted with AIB!! : )

as I said on the other thread...

I got 3 out of 6 mine from AIB yday.
    They received my documents on 27th.

Not sure why only 3 and not all, but this was very quick so I will give them a few days before I ring and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

.G. wrote: »
    Interesting development today. I already got my money back for March flights via chargeback. Today Ryanair sent me an email to tell me they've processed my refund for these same flights. So they've no idea I already got it.

Update on this. Haven't received the money back from Ryanair yet but they've now disputed my chargeback with Mastercard so I've been re charged for the flights that never happened!

So once again I'm out of pocket until the refund hits my account. They didn't even refund the full amount the jokers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

.G. wrote: »
    Update on this. Haven't received the money back from Ryanair yet but they've now disputed my chargeback with Mastercard so I've been re charged for the flights that never happened!

So once again I'm out of pocket until the refund hits my account. They didn't even refund the full amount the jokers

What bank are you with?

josip wrote: »
    What bank are you with?

N26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I renewed my policy with them a couple of weeks ago, in fairness the renewal quote was pretty good, €360ish fully comp, full NCB, , we've two cars & home insurance with them so get other discounts because of this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I just got an email cancelling our flight from dub to lanzarote on June 24th with aerlingus. The email just says we can apply for a voucher or change the flight. Nothing about a refund. And when I log onto the app or website its not showing as cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Over 11 weeks now since I applied for the Aer Lingus voucher - was on to them yesterday and got a message back saying "Apologies for the delay, your request was received and your voucher will be with you shortly. " (Similar to when I enquired 5 weeks ago). Don't know if there's any point getting on to them by phone, likely a waste of time.

Really wish we'd gone down the refund route at this stage.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

So far Ive

1.Started a refund with Ryanair - absolutely no contact from them at all other than an email about changing flights.Been on to chat a few times and they say Im in the queue for a refund but I could be waiting months - usual Ryan air bulls**t.

2.Requested a charge back through BOI - on going and its in the pipeline so to speak. That might be my best option.

3.Put in a claim against my travel insurance - multitrip - mapfre - They are going to do everything they can to not pay out. Id say Im going to have fun with that one as they say I need to exhaust all avenues with providers first before they will consider a claim.If thats the case whats the point in travel insurance??
    Is it not for situations like this and is it not something that you pay extra for so that you can claim if things get cancelled?

Im well covered as I took it out early January so Im just going to see how I get on.

If my case is anything to go by Ryanair are taking the same approach to charge backs as they are with the SCC claims. They will dispute them all.

Aerlingus cancelled my flight yesterday for travel on the 24th June.

I just rang them because the website and app doesn't allow me to do anything with my booking to try get a refund. The email only gave an option to apply for a voucher or reschedule.

I was on hold for about 5 minutes, got through to a guy called Dennis who told me he would process my refund and it would be back in the account within 7 days... I'm sceptical.

Ryanair cancelled my July 8th flight on May 20th. I applied for the refund that day. A few days later I contacted the online chat to confirm I am in the refund queue and not the voucher queue. The agent said I was in the refund queue. Still waiting to hear more from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

michellie wrote: »
    Aerlingus cancelled my flight yesterday for travel on the 24th June.

I just rang them because the website and app doesn't allow me to do anything with my booking to try get a refund. The email only gave an option to apply for a voucher or reschedule.

I was on hold for about 5 minutes, got through to a guy called Dennis who told me he would process my refund and it would be back in the account within 7 days... I'm sceptical.

Forget about it and initiate a chargeback.

3 times Aer Lingus promised a refund within 7 days (or 3 - 5 days) - never happened.

Submitted a chargeback (BOI Credit) - refund within 7 days.

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Forget about it and initiate a chargeback.

3 times Aer Lingus promised a refund within 7 days (or 3 - 5 days) - never happened.

Submitted a chargeback (BOI Credit) - refund within 7 days.

I'm with TSB, I might try next week, I don't have the strength to be dealing with it this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Hellrazer wrote: »
    So far Ive

1.Started a refund with Ryanair - absolutely no contact from them at all other than an email about changing flights.Been on to chat a few times and they say Im in the queue for a refund but I could be waiting months - usual Ryan air bulls**t.

2.Requested a charge back through BOI - on going and its in the pipeline so to speak. That might be my best option.

3.Put in a claim against my travel insurance - multitrip - mapfre - They are going to do everything they can to not pay out. Id say Im going to have fun with that one as they say I need to exhaust all avenues with providers first before they will consider a claim.If thats the case whats the point in travel insurance??
    Is it not for situations like this and is it not something that you pay extra for so that you can claim if things get cancelled?

Im well covered as I took it out early January so Im just going to see how I get on.

I had to check i didn't write this - exact same position with Ryanair and Multitrip too

Will 100% rethink about using Multiitrip again. Whats the point of them. They even have a notice on their website before you even make an inquiry that not covered for Covid related claims!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭RickBlaine

I clicked the button from the email to accept a Ryanair voucher. What happens then? Do I get another email with the voucher number? Have people received that fairly quickly?

Advertisement