Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

That bot page is not interactive at all. I think it’s just a dead link . So far I’ve typed lionel riche “ hello “ and Tiffany’s I think we’re alone now and not a sniff out of them
    Tomorrow maybe

: ). How about Simon and Garfunkel.... The sound of silence

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So I finally have my US flights cancelled and offered a refund but the crowd we booked through (eflights) are imposing a €50 processing fee?
    Think I'll have to look that one up

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That bot page is not interactive at all. I think it’s just a dead link . So far I’ve typed lionel riche “ hello “ and Tiffany’s I think we’re alone now and not a sniff out of them
    Tomorrow maybe

You need to type "contact customer support"

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Caranica wrote: »
    You need to type "contact customer support"

I did
    Got the option to start chat
    Nothing happened for two hours

Tried again
    Same thing

@kM79.

I’m getting confused with Ryanair’s deliberate dodging and diving
    -) 2 weeks ago I applied for a cash refund . I got no reply or confirmation that I’d requested a refund . In the lack of trust with Ryanair I didn’t think they would honor it .
    -) low and behold yesterday I received a voucher and a click here if I want to ask for a cash refund .

I think Ryanair will get probably 6 months to a year out of this . If only we had a regulatory body to protect us from this 😑

That is before solicitors letters start .

Did you read any of the thread? Some of us have been in this situation for months. Everyone got the voucher after applying for a refund.

I applied for refund on 11 March. Got voucher 08 April. Still waiting for refund. They are processing refunds but have 20 million to get through. Some people on here have received refunds already.

According to Ryanair (but not the law) you need to contact them by chat or phone to reject the voucher if you want to stay in the refund queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Caranica wrote: »
    Did you read any of the thread? Some of us have been in this situation for months. Everyone got the voucher after applying for a refund.

I applied for refund on 11 March. Got voucher 08 April. Still waiting for refund. They are processing refunds but have 20 million to get through. Some people on here have received refunds already.

According to Ryanair (but not the law) you need to contact them by chat or phone to reject the voucher if you want to stay in the refund queue.

Same here today, got the voucher a few weeks after applying for the refund. The whole webpage setup is clearly designed to result in taking the voucher. Even the "if you want a refund click here", brings you to an info page about the vouchers, and it doesn't make it clear that you need to contact them from there.

If they made the vouchers a bit more like cash i.e. transferable and no restrictions I might think about it (maybe I wouldn't as they have pissed me off now).

Ryanair is offering vouchers and free moves as these are automated and give customers an immediate alternative. Unfortunately, cash refunds cannot be automated. Customers who choose a voucher, but don't redeem it within 12 months will automatically obtain a refund after this 12 month period.
    Customers who choose not to accept a free move or voucher will receive their refund in due course, once this crisis has passed. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be working hard to process refund requests as quickly as we can.

Can I receive a cash refund instead of voucher?
    You can request a cash refund however bear in mind we will place your request in the cash refund queue, and it will be dealt with accordingly. Your refund voucher will be valid and available for use until you receive your cash refund.
    We highly recommend using the refund voucher as these are readily available and you can book flights on all Ryanair Group airlines in over 200 destinations in Europe and the Middle East.

If you do not wish to accept this voucher and wish to move your flight or request a refund, please click here to contact us.

TERMS OF USE
    • Travel Vouchers are issued by the Ryanair Group, Ryanair Dublin Office, Airside Business Park, Swords, Ireland (hereinafter “Ryanair”).
    These Terms of Use apply to the use of the Ryanair Travel Vouchers. The Ryanair General Terms & Conditions of Carriage apply.
    • Travel Vouchers are valid for 12 months after the issue date and they can be redeemed within that time on our site. The validity of the Travel Vouchers can't be extended.
    • Travel vouchers can be redeemed for cash at the end of their 12 months’ validity period.
    • Travel Vouchers can only be redeemed in the currency of issue.
    • Travel Vouchers can only be redeemed by the recipient of the voucher.
    If the total flight price exceeds the value of the Travel Voucher(s) used to pay for the booking, any price difference can be paid with by credit/debit card or with PayPal.
    • If you don't use all of your voucher balance at one time, you can use your voucher code for future transactions.
    • Travel Vouchers can be used as payment for flights, seats, priority, checked bags, fast track, baby equipment, music equipment, sports equipment, travel insurance and associated taxes, fees and charges (not car hire, transfers or hotel bookings).
    • Passenger name changes are not permitted if a booking has been paid for using a Travel Voucher.
    • Travel Vouchers are non-transferable.
    • Travel vouchers for non-subsidized flight tickets may not be redeemed against Spanish subsidized flight tickets.

Ok, I got onto the chat bot, waited about 15 minutes and got refund process completed. They say within 28 days back to the credit card. Easy enough to request anyway, though shouldn't have had to after already requesting it weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

paddy19 wrote: »
    PTSB are looking at standard transactions.
    Neither VISA nor Mastercard have a 120 day limit from the payment date for future services.

If this were the case it would effectively eliminate chargeback on any long term bookings like airline tickets or concerts.

The 120 days starts when the event/service should have been delivered.

Good to know! There’s so much confusion on how this actually works, I was so relieved to get the money back that fast so I’d didn’t need to ask many questions.

Ok, I got onto the chat bot, waited about 15 minutes and got refund process completed. They say within 28 days back to the credit card. Easy enough to request anyway, though shouldn't have had to after already requesting it weeks ago.

I have tried 5 times now and didn't get onto a chat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

limabromac wrote: »
    : ). How about Simon and Garfunkel.... The sound of silence

I prefer the Disturbed version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

paddy19 wrote: »
    I agree a decent airline would allow passengers to cancel when you have to break the law to fly.

I made the process sound complicated:
    1. Check if flight is flying two days before on flight status.
    If it's not on flight status and no flight within 2 hours, happy days, request refund.
    2. If it is flying.
    Change to any flight to any destination that looks like it will be cancelled before 30 Sept.

Repeat until you book a cancelled flight.

Request refund!
    Hey Paddy not your fault the process is difficult it's Aer Lingus deliberately making things awkward to dissuade you from asking for a refund ( i swear to god i will never use them again) I appreciate your input and help
    I am just so fed up that these gangsters have had our money since last September took our money in the blink of an eye but when it comes to being honest and upfront Aer Lingus are anything but.
    They have tried their best to muddy the water and to confuse and obfuscate
    the customer and fob them off with promises of future travel as long as you stump up the difference between costs
    I paid up in full and good faith before the flight last September and I expected to be treated with some honesty and dignity and not expected to have to lie to get my refund
    I am so pissed with the tin pot care taker flip flop wishy washy gov that we have for their utter lack of clarity on this

I do thank you for you input / advice cheers :-)

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Love the Electric version myself :-)

Love the Electric version myself :-)

Have you ever heard of Mike Massé - he does a great version of it...he used to sing in a pizza bar in Utah til he got 'discovered'... He does a great cover of Africa too by Toto...

(Totally off topic, forgive my Friday night lightness...)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Got through this morning . I don’t know if it was because I was on my laptop or mobile/ desktop pages . But I got through on chat to an agent .

The answer is “ I have applied for your Monetary refund, the voucher will be refused as per your request . The refund would be sent to the same card used in the booking and I should get an email confirmation within 48 hours .

So now I’m just at the back of the refund queue. Hopefully I’ll get it in the next month or so .

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Has anyone yet to receive a voucher from Aerlingus?

Got through this morning . I don’t know if it was because I was on my laptop or mobile/ desktop pages . But I got through on chat to an agent .

The answer is “ I have applied for your Monetary refund, the voucher will be refused as per your request . The refund would be sent to the same card used in the booking and I should get an email confirmation within 48 hours .

So now I’m just at the back of the refund queue. Hopefully I’ll get it in the next month or so .

There's close to 20 million people in the queue. A month is ambitious. I'm waiting 3 months already and my flight was one of the earliest cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Tippgirl74

kathleen37 wrote: »
    Has anyone yet to receive a voucher from Aerlingus?

No I rang during the week and was told they would get through the backlog by the end of the month. We are anxious to book new flights. I had applied in early March! Again off topic but I have always found air lingus customer service excellent, but this time agent was incredibly curt and unempathetic, so much so that I emailed air lingus, which I usually wouldn't bother to do. Just got a 'thanks for the feedback to help us improve' reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Could I ask where in the world you were travelling to ?
    Im just trying to get my head around Aer Lingus policy here
    When could we expect notice of cancellation
    We were due to travel to Spain on 6th july and terrified that Aer Lingus will say its business as usual and our €1100 will be down the jax as we have no intention of travelling with our 2 kids as i'm absolutely certain that if we did travel and caught something the insurance company would be the first to say you should not have travelled

Sorry im only replying back now.

We were flying aerlingus dub to lanzarote June 24th. And Ryanair home lanzarote to Dublin 8th July.

michellie wrote: »
    Sorry im only replying back now.

We were flying aerlingus dub to lanzarote June 24th. And Ryanair home lanzarote to Dublin 8th July.

What's the position on this - is it not still prohibited?

in after 5 minutes today
    same message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

What's the position on this - is it not still prohibited?

Well both of our flights have been cancelled. There's normally 2 flights a day from lanzarote to Dublin and the evening one is still available for booking on their website. We were on the morning flight.

I mean, can you simply book a flight to Lanzarote and go through Dublin Airport now without any restrictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I mean, can you simply book a flight to Lanzarote and go through Dublin Airport now without any restrictions?
    Absolutely.

This is exactly what I was afraid of
    Airlines running flights empty just to avoid giving a refund
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/travel/europe/why-you-still-can-t-have-a-european-holiday-this-summer-or-can-you-1.4270818

So So pissed with this tin pot government giving no clarity on this same cluster fcuk as the leaving cert debacle

Thousands of people stand to loose their money while the likes of o'leary & Seán Doyle lobby the gov to let them fly so they can rob us blind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Caranica wrote:
    There's close to 20 million people in the queue. A month is ambitious. I'm waiting 3 months already and my flight was one of the earliest cancellations.

And my chat agent told me the refund team can't process any refunds until they're back in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

I've just applied for my EI refund there, the clock starts, I'll keep ye posted.

FTR, they are pretty good to answer DM's on Twitter so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Seems like FlightRights are a complete dud, anyone got a Ryanair refund through them?

Seems like FlightRights are a complete dud, anyone got a Ryanair refund through them?

Nope, haven't heard a word from them since 21st April...had success with chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Sorry to ask folks. But its a huge thread to try and go back through.

I applied for a refund last Friday, all I got was a page saying to print my details. Is that normal? I haven't received any email from Ryanair yet. I am happy to take a voucher as I know it will be used.

• Advertisement

Sorry to ask folks. But its a huge thread to try and go back through.

I applied for a refund last Friday, all I got was a page saying to print my details. Is that normal? I haven't received any email from Ryanair yet. I am happy to take a voucher as I know it will be used.

Apply for refund... You could screenshot this application..
    Wait for 2 weeks approx...
    Receive voucher email...
    Decide whether you want to keep voucher or apply to be in the new refund Queue...

Advertisement