Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Just been refunded by Ryanair to my credit card for a full round trip from March in which the outbound flight operated, but the return was cancelled by them.

I applied for a refund in the normal way. I didn't have to initiate chargeback and I never received the offer of a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwaydoc

Just a quick update: I asked for a refund on the chat service instead of a voucher...

I've just received an email from Ryanair confirming the refund has been processed and the payment (€1445) will be back in my account in 4 - 5 days.

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It looks like my flight to Rome on June 27th is not cancelled. Can I change the date in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

obi604 wrote: »
    I have taken screen grabs of the stuff I have been doing over the last month, chat transcripts etc

Latest email from ryanair after my chat says the below.
    When I start the chargeback process with my bank and show them proof of what ive been doing and specifially below (to prove ive asked for a refund etc) -- will they just say f3ck off, you are in a queue for a refund with ryanair, nothing we can do for you.

"I acknowledge that you do not wish to accept your refund in voucher format at this time and have requested to remain on the cash refund queue. Please note that until such time as you receive your cash refund, your voucher will remain valid and can be used to purchase flights and ancillaries for any future trip you might wish to plan. Please note that our refund processing has been negatively affected by the Covid19 crisis however we will process your refund as soon as possible."

Just ring them. You have a consumer right to refund if the goods are not delivered...
    Check out the aib chargeback form online and just quote from that if necessary...

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Hi, this may help someone.

I was due to travel aer lingus outbound to alicante on July 6th. I wanted to cancel as travelling with parents who have undergone cancer treatment and too much uncertainty. I thought I would be forced to accept a flight change to later in year but just off the phone and its looks like all flights to alicante have been cancelled up until 19th of July (they said this was announced yesterday but I did not receive any correspondence). They have processed a full refund for me. May take up to 14 working days.

Might help someone else who was worrying about flights.
    We were due to go same day also to alicante also got no notification
    but had noticed that flights out were marked as sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Reginawatson

I too received refund today for cancelled April flight, looks like they are finally moving on this. I have been actively chasing Customer Service, but it has eventually paid off ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Had applied to Ryanair for refund but only got the usual runaround. Didn't bother trying chatbot route. Had applied via Flightrights but never heard anything.
    Applied to BOI for Mastercard chargeback on 25 May. Ryanair payment landed back on my credit
    card last night.
    Had applied for chargeback using hard copy. Followed up with email on 11 June.
    Thanks to all on here for your posts. Best of luck to those still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I too received refund today for cancelled April flight, looks like they are finally moving on this. I have been actively chasing Customer Service, but it has eventually paid off ..

Ryanair or AL?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Just to add on the DUB-JFK with Aer Lingus, I got full refund back (after 2 months) from Aer Lingus because although they still flew there, they moved the flight time by 3 hours and more than 2 hours entitles you with them to a refund.

Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Just received an email from Aer Lingus to apply for a voucher for flights to Tenerife on 18th July. The email said nothing about flight being cancelled. Would you reckon its cancelled as I want a refund. I will be applying for a refund and doing a chargeback

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

ive now received 3 emails in the last week from Ryanair saying money will be in my account from 5 to working days, the first one the working days will be this Friday but i wont be cancelling my scc claim until i get the funds back, has anyone got these emails and refunds back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Can anyone help me clarify a few things with Turkish Airlines? The Abu Dhabi - Istanbul leges of my flights have been cancelled.

These are my options.

104431821_10163555772895307_7450312274514818705_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQlVCWMmt4q0HC4nFJtDlkkWSzg-P5kWmQOg07llimWEYgeTR0D7-mmXNb-T8J_h9lg1lgH9XHoDnQAuYlBEBqnk&_nc_ht=scontent.ffjr1-1.fna&oh=8a1e3fb194c334ea14a3db158a63876f&oe=5F0E2101

I'm trying to distinguish the differences between an open flight ticket and a refund with a voucher 15%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Two hotels have refunded me for trips abroad, one in Spain and one in France.

Nothing from Ryanair. Flights were supposed to be in mid April and mid May.

Also got a refund in respect of a private apartment rental that I was due to go to next October.

My only items outstanding are Ryanair now. The pits.

Had got the below in relation to March flights. Got onto them on live chat eventually they told me it was a mistake and I was still in the refund queue.

I still have the money from Ryanair for two chargeback flights for May and June so maybe small mercies they are not disputing them?

"Dear Customer,

We acknowledge your recent refund request.

Unfortunately as your cancelled flight was subsequently changed by you to a flight which operated without disruption or to a flight that is scheduled to operate in the future a refund is no longer a valid option.

Yours sincerely,

Ryanair Customer Care"

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Bank of Ireland are stating that the dispute form must he sent by post or fax..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland are stating that the dispute form must he sent by post or fax..

yeah, I had to post my AIB one, I was allowed bring it to a branch for internal post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I tried to chat to Revolut this morning to see about a charge back and got the following message:

'I am sorry to hear that you were caught in such circumstances. Unfortunately, under travel insurance policy we do not cover trip cancellations.
    In this case we can advice you to get in touch with airline company directly or accommodation provider.

Emergency medical treatment costs are covered (outside of your country of residence only) provided that before you departed on your trip, you have not travelled to a country, a specific area or event where there is a directive advising the general public against all or against all but essential travel.

If your issue is solved please type RESOLVED in other case type LIVE AGENT'

Edit: got chatting to a live agent and have submitted a chargeback form anyway but chances of success are pretty low.

Update on this. Got an email from Revolut today saying my chargeback was successful and money is in my account ðŸ˜

Have used the money to book a few nights in Kerry in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Wasted two hours in chat with Ryanair today regarding my 11 March refund application. MOL said they've half of the refunds processed so why was mine (pre lockdown) not processed.

First agent, March refunds will be processed in next 2 weeks and can take a further 2 weeks to arrive in account. Asked why mine hadn't been done yet in line with MOL comments and posts here. Agent all of a sudden claimed I wasn't responding... Disconnected.

Clicked link, 15 minute wait, new agent. Couldn't give me timeline for refund at all. Then said that it's possible that others have been refunded before me because others properly rejected the voucher sooner. This is in 100% contradiction of the conversation I had on 29 May be when I was told that my position in the queue was based on original refund request. I challenged this, and got disconnected.

Agent 3, could only see transcript with Agent 1 and not agent 2. They also quoted me the script answer I got from agent 1. Told me if I wanted transcript from agent 2 I would have to make a request under gdpr. At this point I gave up.

Lies, lies and more lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Nothing happening with my original flight refund request, dues to fly at Easter, cancelled at end of March.
    I went on the live chat this morning at 7.30, no queue.
    The Operator said she put the request in and I'd have it within 2 weeks.
    The clock starts now :). Will update if I hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bit of good news this morning, I was expecting to be waiting a few months yet, but I'll take 5 days or so gladly.

IMG-20200618-091401.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Roanmore wrote: »
    Nothing happening with my original flight refund request, dues to fly at Easter, cancelled at end of March.
    I went on the live chat this morning at 7.30, no queue.
    The Operator said she put the request in and I'd have it within 2 weeks.
    The clock starts now :). Will update if I hear anything.

Got a mail now acknowledging that I don't want a voucher and that they will process my refund. Said it may be delayed, blah, blah, blah.
    Will check back on 1st July

after a week of nonsense and foolishly giving the airline time to refund me, I am now going to proceed with chargeback.

Would it be foolish to let the airline know I will be doing this? or should I keep my mouth shut?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Warning for those with TAP flights upcoming -they are purposely not sending cancellation notifications, so check your bookings. Do not follow the link for refund either if it has been cancelled, as there is no refund, they will try to issue a voucher instead.
    Eventual response after complaint and twitter contacts asking for full refund resulted in refusal and offer of only an change or voucher.

Chargeback has begun..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

McMurphy wrote: »
    Bit of good news this morning, I was expecting to be waiting a few months yet, but I'll take 5 days or so gladly.

IMG-20200618-091401.jpg

What date was your flight, ours was April 1 and still nothing from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

got an email today to say they acknowlege was rejecting the voucher and being put in the refund queue.... the 4th time this has been sent

went on chat and was told EU 241 has been changed and they no longer have to refund in a time frame - i asked for proof of this then agent disconnected

second agent could not see previous chat (lie) and said i would get my money within 10 weeks as that is their new dedaline for refunds apparantly

ling and short of it is Ryanair havent a clue what theyre at

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Jake1 wrote: »
    after a week of nonsense and foolishly giving the airline time to refund me, I am now going to proceed with chargeback.

Would it be foolish to let the airline know I will be doing this? or should I keep my mouth shut?

Yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    got an email today to say they acknowlege was rejecting the voucher and being put in the refund queue.... the 4th time this has been sent

went on chat and was told EU 241 has been changed and they no longer have to refund in a time frame - i asked for proof of this then agent disconnected

second agent could not see previous chat (lie) and said i would get my money within 10 weeks as that is their new dedaline for refunds apparantly

ling and short of it is Ryanair havent a clue what theyre at

Long and the short of it is that Ryanair know very well what they're at.
    Do you think it was co-incidence that they disconnected you when you called them out on their 241 lie?

josip wrote: »
    Long and the short of it is that Ryanair know very well what they're at.
    Do you think it was co-incidence that they disconnected you when you called them out on their 241 lie?

not a co-incidence in the slightest haha

its like when they said people would be blacklisted for attempting chargebacks and then said "oh that was a mistake"

They're just being arseholes and once they realise theyve said the wrong thing they scurry off and disconnect

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Update on Aer Lingus vouchers.

After numerous back and forths with Twitter customer service telling me "your voucher will be with you shortly" I decided to sit on the phone to speak to a customer service agent and get a real human to acknowledge the receipt of my application (sent on Friday 20th March), so 3 months ago. She was apologetic and said she could see it was received and approved and said she would mark it as needing to be "expedited".

That was 8 days ago. :mad:

If the flights were bought in January and the travel issue came up on 20th March, does anyone know can we still initiate chargeback at this point? I feel like this voucher is a phantom voucher at this stage.

• Advertisement

Update on Aer Lingus vouchers.

After numerous back and forths with Twitter customer service telling me "your voucher will be with you shortly" I decided to sit on the phone to speak to a customer service agent and get a real human to acknowledge the receipt of my application (sent on Friday 20th March), so 3 months ago. She was apologetic and said she could see it was received and approved and said she would mark it as needing to be "expedited".

That was 8 days ago. :mad:

If the flights were bought in January and the travel issue came up on 20th March, does anyone know can we still initiate chargeback at this point? I feel like this voucher is a phantom voucher at this stage.

Your charge back should be within 120 days of the service not being provided so 120 days from 20th March

Advertisement