Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

submitted complaint to flightrights on April 30th. Finally got an email from them today requesting copies of the booking confirmation and correspondence between myself and Ryanair. Why they weren't requested as part of the original submission I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

podge018 wrote: »
    submitted complaint to flightrights on April 30th. Finally got an email from them today requesting copies of the booking confirmation and correspondence between myself and Ryanair. Why they weren't requested as part of the original submission I don't know.

Emmm they do ask for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Level Europe, an airline that is part of IAG, has collapsed.
    Its not being bailed out back the parent group IAG.
    This is why I want a cash refund from Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Emmm they do ask for it

Yeah they do, they aren't much use though, has anyone got a result from them I'm waiting 49 days and haven't heard a thing since initial auto reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland are stating that the dispute form must he sent by post or fax..

Try emailing the following:

Chargebacks@boi.com.

I did (thanks to poster on here!). My refund arrived 4 days later having posted about two weeks earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What date was your flight, ours was April 1 and still nothing from them

End of May until returning June 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

What is the latest I can expect a Ryanair flight to be cancelled. Mine is Saturday week and scheduled still. I had made up my mind not to go but I can’t lose €250

McMurphy wrote: »
    End of May until returning June 13th.

So they are refunding a flight 2 months after a April 1st one first, bizzare behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Due to fly in two weeks time with Ryanair.
    What's the best way to get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

mathie wrote: »
    Due to fly in two weeks time with Ryanair.
    What's the best way to get a refund?

You'll only be offered a refund if your flight is cancelled. If the flight is scheduled to go ahead and you don't fly, you're not entitled to a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

shocksy wrote: »
    You'll only be offered a refund if your flight is cancelled. If the flight is scheduled to go ahead and you don't fly, you're not entitled to a refund.

Does anyone have any idea when there will be flights from Ireland to Spain? I tried googling but couldn't find anything definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

shocksy wrote: »

Great thanks.
    It's to France.
    How do I find out what flights are going ahead?

mathie wrote: »
    Great thanks.
    It's to France.
    How do I find out what flights are going ahead?

It's going ahead until it's cancelled, then you will receive an email informing you.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea when there will be flights from Ireland to Spain? I tried googling but couldn't find anything definite.

Can fly to Madrid on Sunday with Ryanair according to their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Applied for a refund with Aerlingus 3 weeks ago, rang them at the start of the week and the girl processed the refund there and then. Money back on card today. Very good service in fariness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Wonders will never cease, checked my bank and Ryanair have refunded me for 2 of my flights :eek: so ive cancelled the SCC claim which unfortunately was a waste of time paying €25 for nothing but you live and learn.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Wonders will never cease, checked my bank and Ryanair have refunded me for 2 of my flights :eek: so ive cancelled the SCC claim which unfortunately was a waste of time paying €25 for nothing but you live and learn.

maybe it prompted them to sort you, nice one you got your money back. I'm waiting on my AIB chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

Irishder wrote: »
    Applied for a refund with Aerlingus 3 weeks ago, rang them at the start of the week and the girl processed the refund there and then. Money back on card today. Very good service in fariness

What number did you call?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Any advice on this? Aer Lingus cancelled my flight to Newark in July and when I asked for an update on their Twitter account was told to apply for a refund which I did. Email from them today advising that they have switched me to JFK and flights are within 2 hours of the original flights. Have I any hope of a refund?

kaltz wrote: »
    Any advice on this? Aer Lingus cancelled my flight to Newark in July and when I asked for an update on their Twitter account was told to apply for a refund which I did. Email from them today advising that they have switched me to JFK and flights are within 2 hours of the original flights. Have I any hope of a refund?

"The US has also banned travel from China and Brazil, two of the worst-affected countries outside of Europe.

The travel ban excludes green card holders, Europeans with American spouses, and government officials but, for regular tourists, travel to America is essentially forbidden. "

• Advertisement

From an interview with Fauci in the Telegraph June 14th he also said "My feeling, looking at what's going on with the infection rate, I think it's more likely measured in months rather than weeks."

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Due to fly with Ryanair on 2nd July. Flight is going ahead.

I thought they would have fees waived for changing flight. Went to change to next year, the flights were €200 cheaper and you lose the difference. Then they add on €50pp per flight and €30 e/w for infant and €60 to change bags.

€320 to change to a flight that €200 cheaper than the original. Guess my travel insurance will be getting a claim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Due to fly with Ryanair on 2nd July. Flight is going ahead.

I thought they would have fees waived for changing flight. Went to change to next year, the flights were €200 cheaper and you lose the difference. Then they add on €50pp per flight and €30 e/w for infant and €60 to change bags.

€320 to change to a flight that €200 cheaper than the original. Guess my travel insurance will be getting a claim

Does your insurance cover a change of mind? Or does it exclude pandemics?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Does your insurance cover a change of mind? Or does it exclude pandemics?

I think it covers infectious disease. We bought it pretty early when all this was happening. Before the first case here

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Daithi155

Irishder wrote: »

Yep, they started that last week. Was able to get partial refund on flights on the basis that the rescheduled flights had been moved by over 2 hours.
    Refund of voucher is referred up, and will take a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

Bradz213 wrote: »
    I think it covers infectious disease. We bought it pretty early when all this was happening. Before the first case here

As long as you have travel disruption insurance as an added extra then you are all good for a claim on insurance...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Cancelled flights Aer Lingus on 16/5 refund in bank account today,just applied on web site,

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

My may booking has been fully refunded today.Flights cancelled 10/05,voucher received and declined on 23/05.Email refund came in few min ago.

My may booking has been fully refunded today.Flights cancelled 10/05,voucher received and declined on 23/05.Email refund came in few min ago.

Ryanair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Ryanair?

Yes

Advertisement