Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Yes

Flights cancelled 20/03 voucher received and declined April 20th no refund yet. Doesnt make any sense howc they are managing refunds.

So I had initially thought Id booked my air transat flight with Ulster Bank, Turns out Id booked with Revolut. So I started chargeback yesterday. Sent them copies of facebook messenger and emails from company

Have read on some other sites that Revolut are not great at doing chargeback for flights.
    So fingers crossed anyway. I'll let you all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

"The US has also banned travel from China and Brazil, two of the worst-affected countries outside of Europe.

The travel ban excludes green card holders, Europeans with American spouses, and government officials but, for regular tourists, travel to America is essentially forbidden. "

We’re none of the above so won’t get in even if we wanted to. Is a voucher my only option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

kaltz wrote: »
    We’re none of the above so won’t get in even if we wanted to. Is a voucher my only option?

I don't know, AL could fly with Irish spouses of US citizens on board so flight would go a head so that may be the best you can expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Flights cancelled 20/03 voucher received and declined April 20th no refund yet. Doesnt make any sense howc they are managing refunds.

No it doesn't. I'm 10 days ahead of you, flights cancelled 10 March, refund requested 11 March (at the time they were doing instant refund links but only one of mine worked). Received and declined voucher on 08 April. Still waiting and unhappy would be putting it very mildly!!

Today I got two "stay patient"emails but no sign of a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

We are waiting for AL to cancel our Alicante flights 5th july
    and instead we got 3 **** menu's in our spam box from AL what a pisstake

Best like a mushroom
    kept in the dark :-(
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

McMurphy wrote: »
    Bit of good news this morning, I was expecting to be waiting a few months yet, but I'll take 5 days or so gladly.

IMG-20200618-091401.jpg

Refund came through to revolut last night, quite unexpectedly, happy enough with that.

So been refunded in full for both hotel and flights for summer holiday 2020.

It's bitter sweet in a way tbh..

So someone finally told me what is going on with my Ryanair refund this morning. They refunded me on 11 March but PayPal returned it to them so it went back in the queue as an "exceptional case". They can't give me any timeline for payment.

I've previously raised two PayPal cases about the refund and they've declined both so I've gone back to them with the chat transcript and lodged another dispute. I'll never use PayPal again after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

Caranica wrote: »
    So someone finally told me what is going on with my Ryanair refund this morning. They refunded me on 11 March but PayPal returned it to them so it went back in the queue as an "exceptional case". They can't give me any timeline for payment.

I've previously raised two PayPal cases about the refund and they've declined both so I've gone back to them with the chat transcript and lodged another dispute. I'll never use PayPal again after this.

You have definitely been through the mill on this haven't you? It looks like your flights were the first to be cancelled so they didn't know what they were doing...on the "ryanair ryanair ryanair" thread this morning someone received their refund through PayPal no problem at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

"The Irish Authorities advise against all non-essential travel overseas until further notice."
    https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/france/

Does this mean I'm entitled to a refund?
    Or does that not matter one bit if RyanAir fly a plane to France?

• Advertisement

mathie wrote: »
    "The Irish Authorities advise against all non-essential travel overseas until further notice."
    https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/france/

Does this mean I'm entitled to a refund?
    Or does that not matter one bit if RyanAir fly a plane to France?

Unfortunately it doesn't mean you are entitled to a refund...

Ryanair don't know what the purpose of your travel is so you could be a French national trying to get home after lockdown ...

Unless they cancel the flight that is when a refund can be applied for . You may also apply for a refund if you have a medical condition and cert from a doc, ryanair may allow a refund in this case... Or if they move your flight outside of a two hour window they will offer a refund if you don't accept the change...

limabromac wrote: »
    You have definitely been through the mill on this haven't you? It looks like your flights were the first to be cancelled so they didn't know what they were doing...on the "ryanair ryanair ryanair" thread this morning someone received their refund through PayPal no problem at all...

Thing is I got emails with links for refunds on 10 March, the first one worked and it was instantly in my account. The one for the return flight didn't work.

Even more bizarre is that if you added the two amounts, they didn't add up to the full fare so even if the second one had worked I'd still be fighting with Ryanair for 20% of what's currently owed. So I'm not sure Ryanair are being entirely honest about this but at least it was more info than anyone has given me to date.

So frustrating to see someone with flights in late May returning in June having already received their refund yet I applied for mine 101 days ago and am still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jonny_b

limabromac wrote: »
    Unfortunately it doesn't mean you are entitled to a refund...

Ryanair don't know what the purpose of your travel is so you could be a French national trying to get home after lockdown ...

Unless they cancel the flight that is when a refund can be applied for . You may also apply for a refund if you have a medical condition and cert from a doc, ryanair may allow a refund in this case... Or if they move your flight outside of a two hour window they will offer a refund if you don't accept the change...

When booking flights with Ryanair doesn't it ask you to tick a box either businnes or leisure?

jonny_b wrote: »
    When booking flights with Ryanair doesn't it ask you to tick a box either businnes or leisure?

I don't think so...I think its just regular saver, priority or flexi for the fare amounts... And sure even if you were just heading home to your country of origin it wouldn't be a business trip...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shiran

Hi guys,

I have a return flight from Dublin to Sri Lanka during August with Emirates. Due to the situation I did not want to fly and opted for open vouchers with them. I see the discussion here and thinking whether there is a possibility to go with charge back process. I used AIB credit card for the payment. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Shiran wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have a return flight from Dublin to Sri Lanka during August with Emirates. Due to the situation I did not want to fly and opted for open vouchers with them. I see the discussion here and thinking whether there is a possibility to go with charge back process. I used AIB credit card for the payment. Thanks.

Zero chance. Your flight isnt cancelled you just chose not to go. Your lucky you got a voucher if you dont want to travel and flight goes your actually entitled to nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

We are waiting for AL to cancel our Alicante flights 5th july
    and instead we got 3 **** menu's in our spam box from AL what a pisstake

Best like a mushroom
    kept in the dark :-(
    J

Alot of flights from 1st of july are going to fly as Spain is open. So I wouldn't be holding my breathe on cancellation. So at this stage your choice is go, lose the money, or pay a re booking fee to change the dates on the flights to when you are willing to travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Shiran

Zero chance. Your flight isnt cancelled you just chose not to go. Your lucky you got a voucher if you dont want to travel and flight goes your actually entitled to nothing

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Update on Aer Lingus vouchers.

After numerous back and forths with Twitter customer service telling me "your voucher will be with you shortly" I decided to sit on the phone to speak to a customer service agent and get a real human to acknowledge the receipt of my application (sent on Friday 20th March), so 3 months ago. She was apologetic and said she could see it was received and approved and said she would mark it as needing to be "expedited".

That was 8 days ago. :mad:

If the flights were bought in January and the travel issue came up on 20th March, does anyone know can we still initiate chargeback at this point? I feel like this voucher is a phantom voucher at this stage.
    I booked and paid for our flights over Easter in Jan. Could see fairly quickly Aer Lingus were messing me around so went down the chargeback route. It's not too late at all. Get your documentation together providing service paid for and not provided and send it to your bank.

My money is back in my account. After X days if Aer Lingus don't dispute the matter it will stay there and the case will be closed.

I would advise anyone here to stop wasting your time on the phone to these airlines. Send an email showing you tried to engage them and proceed with the chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Zero chance? I dont think so. With DFA current advice and if you have travel Insurance I'd say there is a case to be made here.

• Advertisement

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Zero chance? I dont think so. With DFA current advice and if you have travel Insurance I'd say there is a case to be made here.

As long as your insurance covers you for travel disruption (extra untop of normal travel insurance)

The traveller may have a free move you can use depending on timing so certainly all options need to be explored...

Ryanair, Aerlingus etc have all been very "lenient" in this pandemic "offering" refunds,change free fees and vouchers... If a person doesn't travel once they start running their business's again then they are under no obligation to refund... Fingers crossed for the travel insurance. .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have a high risk medical condition and was wondering is there any hope of getting a voucher from Ryanair even though my flight is not yet cancelled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Gael23 wrote: »
    I have a high risk medical condition and was wondering is there any hope of getting a voucher from Ryanair even though my flight is not yet cancelled

You might get a voucher/travel credit off them

Gael23 wrote: »

From the ryanair website...

In the event of death or serious illness making it impossible for a customer to travel, the reservations of the affected customer and anyone travelling on the same booking reference may, at our discretion, be refunded.

If it is appropriate we can also offer to change flight dates and we will waive any restriction or fee once suitable documentary evidence is sent to us before of the date of travel.

Please click below to apply for a refund. If you have further queries you can also contact our call centre for more information.

Then there's a big button to apply for a refund...

I would suggest having a detailed letter from the doc and dates of when the condition started and why now under current conditions it would be detrimental to travel...then it's up to Ryanair to allow a refund...
    Hopefully this helps and best of luck with your endeavors..

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    You might get a voucher/travel credit off them

If you manage to contact them that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

ZeRoY wrote: »
    If you manage to contact them that is

Had no issues contacting them... Getting my money back is the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Got our Ryanair Easter flights refunded to us via BOI chargeback on Friday.
    Up your tightwad a**e MOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

How many times can you change a flight with aer lingus?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

submitted chargeback on 4th may via revolut to which they said 48 days, which its over now so contacted again today and they say its now 3rd august before they will award me the refund, if ryanairs merchant bank do not dispute :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Flights to Reus cancelled at the end of August by Ryanair. I received cancellation notice and filled out refund form 2 weeks ago. Is there anyway of speeding up getting the actual refund?

Advertisement