Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Flights to Reus cancelled at the end of August by Ryanair. I received cancellation notice and filled out refund form 2 weeks ago. Is there anyway of speeding up getting the actual refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭limabromac

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Flights to Reus cancelled at the end of August by Ryanair. I received cancellation notice and filled out refund form 2 weeks ago. Is there anyway of speeding up getting the actual refund?

Chargeback is the quickest way.. lots of people waiting since March so if your flight is end of August you may be waiting a long time for your refund...

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

limabromac wrote: »
    Chargeback is the quickest way.. lots of people waiting since March so if your flight is end of August you may be waiting a long time for your refund...

How long would a chargeback take?

Anywhere from two weeks to a month and if it's disputed by ryanair it could take longer....mine took approx 6 weeks with AIB...(boi is quicker...)

No quick fixes in this unfortunately...even if you have travel insurance it could take months... RA are currently working on refunds from march, your flight is in August...

Chargeback thread and sticky at the start of this thread has some great info should you wish to read...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭obi604

If you are in the Ryanair queue for a refund
    And whilst still in the queue you start a chargeback Request
    Do you then have to tell Ryanair you have started a chargeback?

What happens if Ryanair redund you and chargeback still ongoing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

obi604 wrote: »

Tell them nothing, no good can come of it.
    Ryanair will do their best to confuse you with mixed messages when contacted, but behind the scenes I suspect that the MOL run machine is completely in control and knows exactly what it's doing.
    The chances of them erroneously refunding you after a successful chargeback are virtually nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I'm waiting 7 weeks for Ulster Bank to refund me. Waiting 12 weeks since flight was cancelled overall and Ryanair refund was requested. .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I got my money back via chargeback. I told them nothing. A few weeks later Ryanair disputed it and the money was taken off me again but at the same time I got an email off them to say they had refunded me. I disputed their dispute while I waited to see if the money actually arrived which it did about 10 days later so I closed my dispute. I'm actually up 28 euro too as they refunded me the same amount for seats I'd bought separate to the main booking but never actually disputed that part of it with my card issuer so I got it back twice.

I see that as a small piece of recompense for all the hassle they caused me.

Nope ! You don't have to tell them nothing...it's your money you have consumer rights to get your money back any legal way you want. Ryanair are supposed to refund you in 7-10 working days...they don't.... Chargeback is based on them not refunding you and it specifically designed for these instances...

RA chargeback team get informed by your bank that a chargeback is being initiated and whether they align that information up with the refund Queue is up to them...

Your banks chargeback team will cancel the chargeback as they will see the refund coming in to your card account..

There has been a few threats that RA will block you once you initiate a chargeback... I believe they are just threats...I'm happy to have received my money back through the chargeback process..

Just got email from Ryanair saying refund would be in my account in 5 - 7days, flights were cancelled March 30th
    Edit meant March 20th

• Advertisement

Just got email from Ryanair saying refund would be in my account in 5 - 7days, flights were cancelled March 30th
    Edit meant March 20th

Great news...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

all my flights now have been refunded, the SCC after all was a waste of time i wont be using them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Swiss still haven't refunded my flight from April.
    Absolute jokers.

Great news...

FlightRights or Ulster Bank chargeback nó use as far as I know.

FlightRights or Ulster Bank chargeback nó use as far as I know.

Flightrights seemed not to have dealt with one person...they just got snowed under with all the complaints...they did say my complaint was valid in April but that's about it ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Flightrights seemed not to have dealt with one person...they just got snowed under with all the complaints...they did say my complaint was valid in April but that's about it ..

thye responded to me after id been refunded by Arerlingus, i responeded and told them it had been soreted, then a few weeks later they came back again asking had Aer Lingus refunded me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Edit meant March 20th

Mine was cancelled on March 25th so it's getting closer:)

Roanmore wrote: »

I got on to their chat a few times as well as FlightRights and UB chargeback so maybe that forced their hand, hard to know of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Roanmore wrote: »

Mine was cancelled on 10 March, still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Got a chargeback refund from Ulsterbank this morning from Ryanair flights. Flights were mid-April

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭paddy19

jonnny68 wrote: »
    all my flights now have been refunded, the SCC after all was a waste of time i wont be using them again.

SCC worked fine with Aer Lingus but not with Ryanair.

I guess we won't see how SCC works until the
    courts are truly back in action after Covid.

Interesting that Michael O'Leary is well able to
    go to the courts when he's objecting to state subsidies
    but shows absolute contempt for the law on refunds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Has anyone managed to get somewhere with a claim to VHI Multitrip? I claimed on 30/3 for accommodation (luckily flights were refunded by Aer Lingus) and VHI is insisting I haven't sent the terms and conditions of the accommodation provider, which I have. I'm going around in a circle with them.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Got RA refund approx 10 days ago from flights scheduled for 5th April. Full refund. Had tried a chargeback back in April but bank had blocked it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

it hasn't.

paddy19 wrote: »
    SCC worked fine with Aer Lingus but not with Ryanair.

I guess we won't see how SCC works until the
    courts are truly back in action after Covid.

Interesting that Michael O'Leary is well able to
    go to the courts when he's objecting to state subsidies
    but shows absolute contempt for the law on refunds.

I'm happy that we had the option of going down all these different roads that show a consumers rights are protected even though MOL disagrees with these rights ..and all the info in these threads really helped to instill hope in retrieving a refund at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Got RA refund approx 10 days ago from flights scheduled for 5th April. Full refund. Had tried a chargeback back in April but bank had blocked it

i had flights on 4th and 11th of April with RA. still no refund :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

@Thesimpsons can I ask what bank blocked it?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭cloonymee

kris_2021 wrote: »
    i had flights on 4th and 11th of April with RA. still no refund :(
    I've received an email today from Ryanair for flights in Mid April that were cancelled stating my refund will be back on my card in 5 - 7 days. Maybe this is where they are at with the backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

pc7 wrote: »
    @Thesimpsons can I ask what bank blocked it?

TSB Visa Card - we tried it very early on in the proceedings and from what I recall they said there was a block on chargebacks with RA as the government was stepping in. They wouldn't even open a case for me.

• Advertisement

TSB Visa Card - we tried it very early on in the proceedings and from what I recall they said there was a block on chargebacks with RA as the government was stepping in. They wouldn't even open a case for me.

That is really weird as I got two chargebacks amounts from TSB (debit card transactions) within two weeks of requesting them (late May) for Ryanair flights.

Advertisement