Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

US2 wrote: »
    how long did you have to wait since applying for refund? My flight was cancelled and I asked for a refund on 14th of May. Was told it would take 20 working days. Still nothing

Flight was cancelled 24th March and refunded 30 June. But that was the height of lockdown. I'd say that with more staff back the the wait will come down a lot (and also that they are up and running again that they may want to fool people into using that refund for another flight...).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ryanair CEO on Newstalk this morning said they had processed 50% of the cash refunds. He said they had finished March and we're now working on April.

My experience is that March is not complete.
    Still waiting in our refund from a cancelled return flight 20th March-21stMarch, and also June 19th-29th.

Anyone who did get a refund did they get an email to say the refund had been issued or did it just land in their account?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Still waiting in our refund from a cancelled return flight 20th March-21stMarch, and also June 19th-29th.

Anyone who did get a refund did they get an email to say the refund had been issued or did it just land in their account?

My flight was 20 March and cancelled on 10 March. I applied for a refund next day when refund link didn't work. Got refund to PayPal last Friday, email from them around 11am, email from Ryanair came through 5 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭obi604

hi

I put in my refund with ryanair on the 18th May.
    chased them a few times via chat etc. gave them over 30 days and no stir
    I then sent the chargeback to AIB on the 23rd June. havent heard anything yet, told them to ring or email me in cover letter.

Do each know what the other is at

Lets say Rynair gave me a refund, is AIB informed and the chargeback gets binned?
    or if AIB did give me the money back, do they inform Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

obi604 wrote: »
    hi

I put in my refund with ryanair on the 18th May.
    chased them a few times via chat etc. gave them over 30 days and no stir
    I then sent the chargeback to AIB on the 23rd June. havent heard anything yet, told them to ring or email me in cover letter.

Lets say Rynair gave me a refund, is AIB informed and the chargeback gets binned?

They most definitely know what the other is at since AIB are RyanAir's Merchant Bank I think and they make you go through hoops so as to protect their big corporate customer.

You'll also have to chase AIB big time but if your chargeback is successful, they will inform RyanAir.
    Not sure about the other scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

obi604 wrote: »

in a situation like this, I'm of the mindset that I couldnt give a flying f**k as long as I have my money back

If I was to get paid twice, I'd make them wait the same amount of time for their refund and if they dont like it they can suck eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Waaaheeeey! Got my Car Hire refund that I requested on May 17th from Ryanair today! Even more unlikely I got a polite (yes that's polite!!) email from Ryanair apologising (yes that's apologising!) for my flight cancellation, acknowledging that I had requested a refund for my flights,and that it would be dealt within due course and I could use the voucher in the meantime if I chose to.

How hard was that Michael? No need for me to be sending registered letters, lodging small claims and dealing with endless emails sending me down rabbit holes to where there might or might not be some vague reference to a refund which only had links to pages of instructions about using vouchers.

I reckon I will hang on the email and maybe auction it off. It has to be a collector's item.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

The highlighted comment on many Ryanair posts from facebook show someone saying thanks Ryanair and Great speedy refund ect. Those profiles posting the comments show no friend's ect, are Ryanair using bots to populate the comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Limpy wrote: »
    The highlighted comment on many Ryanair posts from facebook show someone saying thanks Ryanair and Great speedy refund ect. Those profiles posting the comments show no friend's ect, are Ryanair using bots to populate the comments?

is the pope catholic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I've got a flight which has been changed but not cancelled. The outbound has been cancelled but the return leg was a completely separate booking, a codeshare flight, and a different return destination. So I don't think I can get a refund on the basis of the outbound flight being cancelled.

The return is a connecting flight - First leg was booked as 19.45 - 20.30, second as 23.00 - 00.40

They've changed it to 20.00 - 20.45 and 21.00 - 22.40.

I won't be taking it anyway as the outbound was fully cancelled, but could I claim a refund for this? They have offered a voucher which I may need to accept if they don't cancel the flight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Has anyone dealt with British Airways? They are currently offering vouchers for flights due to depart up to 31st August. I'm due to fly out DUB-LHR-HND on 3rd September so really hoping they make the extension soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I had flights booked for Apr 3rd.
    Stobbart pulled out so I requested a refund on the 25th of March.
    No word from aer Lingus so at the start of May I sent an email asking for an update.
    Never got a response.
    Last Monday I put a complaint into flightrights.
    Thursday aer Lingus eMail apologising for delay and will have it sorted by the end of July.
    I wouldn't have cared if they'd just let me know what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Anyone else had a situation like this occur with Aer Lingus? Sorry about the long explanation.

Supposed to be flying Dub to Vienna on Aug 1st and return Verona to Dub Aug 10th, all booked on one booking. Received an email this morning saying that the outbound flight to vienna was cancelled so I applied for a refund for both flights as they were made under the 1 booking. Got the email back from Aer Lingus saying that the refund request would be reviewed etc. Then got an email later this afternoon saying that the flight from Verona was being rescheduled and I would be emailed later with the new flight times. I've just received an email tonight saying that my outbound flight to Vienna is now back on again and they've moved my flight home from Verona to the following day, August 11th.

When they cancelled the flights this morning we then cancelled our hotel accomodation, car rental etc. I'm going to call AL in the morning to see what they say but has anyone had anything similar happen?

Thanks for reading.

D.

Decoda wrote: »
    Anyone else had a situation like this occur with Aer Lingus? Sorry about the long explanation.

Supposed to be flying Dub to Vienna on Aug 1st and return Verona to Dub Aug 10th, all booked on one booking. Received an email this morning saying that the outbound flight to vienna was cancelled so I applied for a refund for both flights as they were made under the 1 booking. Got the email back from Aer Lingus saying that the refund request would be reviewed etc. Then got an email later this afternoon saying that the flight from Verona was being rescheduled and I would be emailed later with the new flight times. I've just received an email tonight saying that my outbound flight to Vienna is now back on again and they've moved my flight home from Verona to the following day, August 11th.

When they cancelled the flights this morning we then cancelled our hotel accomodation, car rental etc. I'm going to call AL in the morning to see what they say but has anyone had anything similar happen?

Thanks for reading.

D.

If they move your flight time by a certain amount you should be entitled to a full refund under EU 261 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭setanta1000

If they move your flight time by a certain amount you should be entitled to a full refund under EU 261 anyway

Does anyone know, in the event of a reschedule of more than 3 hours difference, if you need to tell Aer Lingus that the new flight time doesn't suit or do you just submit a refund request?

Normally the notification of the change should inform you of your rights. In the past with Ryanair for example you could just apply for the refund from the email they'd send you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Hi all

I applied for my refund from Ryanair on the 9th April. No sign of it yet and their website says that all refunds from early april have been processed.

Is anyone still waiting for a refund from this far back? Also I paid using paypal. Will this slow it down ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

dashoonage wrote: »
    Hi all

I applied for my refund from Ryanair on the 9th April. No sign of it yet and their website says that all refunds from early april have been processed.

Is anyone still waiting for a refund from this far back? Also I paid using paypal. Will this slow it down ?

My flight was 1st of April - nothing yet. Applied in March.

My flight was 1st of April - nothing yet

Not just me so. I have a friend whos flight was end of April and he has been refunded!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Not just me so. I have a friend whos flight was end of April and he has been refunded!

Still waiting from 29th March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

An update with my saga.

So my return flight from Canada wasn't cancelled and went ahead, though it was a day earlier and included a stop in Toronto, instead of the direct flight I'd booked.

As agreed I rang back PTSB and explained that the return flight wasn't cancelled. Their comment was 'how do they expect you to be on it if they didn't fly you over there in the first place!'. Anyhow, they asked me to explain the history of the issue in a letter and post it to them, so that's going in the post today.

I'm fairly confident that PTSB will give me the money back, but I'm also fairly confident that Air Canada will dispute the issue and PTSB will take the money back! Does anyone know if Air Canada have to 'convince' PTSB and prove their case, or just say 'No, we're not paying' without any explanation?

Thanks...

So chatbotted the **** out of it this morning. Only waiting 3 minutes to get a bot. Bot tells me i accepted a voucher and no refund is outstanding. I never accepted any voucher!!!! so now its gone in for a cash refund and will take eleventy million months for it to process.

I applied for the cash refund on the 9th of April . sigh....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Hi all

No refund yet for my mid April flights. Eddie Wilson of Ryanair said that the refunds have been processed for flights up to mid April.

I am hearing stories of people who submitted their claim but now have discovered that their original claim has been lost.

I used a credit card to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GSXR_GUY

I booked flights to Palma in November for travel in August.

I changed the flights in March to Alicante and paid the change fee, Now the outbound flight to Alicante has been put back to 15:35 from 07:00 so now I have the option to get a refund. Will I get a full refund including the flight change fees or just the original flight cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

I’ve had a few DM’s with A/L on twitter over the last month or so for my refund for flights on 3rd July. I had received cancellation notice in mid June and applied for refund.

Sent a follow up this morning and have been told the refund has now been processed and should be back on my card in 5 working days, so hopefully that will be that! Will post again when I see the cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

So Ryanair have finally given me my money back for flights cancelled on April 7th. I had submitted a small claims case which they disputed so that has saved me a trip to Swords courts at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

funkyouup wrote: »
    So Ryanair have finally given me my money back for flights cancelled on April 7th. I had submitted a small claims case which they disputed so that has saved me a trip to Swords courts at least.

That's good to hear Funkyouup. I'm avoiding SCC for mine, I didn't want to spend any more money & know they'll refund me eventually but I think they're milking it now.

I'm waiting for refund for flights on 2nd & 8th April, so hopefully, like yourself I'll have some refund soon. May I ask, did the refund show up in last few days of bank statement, or did it show back when you paid originally? I paid for mine in January and have since switched bank accounts which complicates the matter no end!

I'm using the Ryanair ChatBot so I have transcripts if no refund arrives soon, but they've not replied to my question in the bot for the last 3 times I've used it - each time I was logged in over an hour.

They've a message stating "If you’re looking for an update on your refund, please note all refund requests received for bookings up until the end of June will be refunded within the next 4 weeks" , but that message isn't dated, so I'm not sure how long it's been posted for and if 4 weeks has elapsed.

They're pros at playing the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

FionnK86 wrote: »

I'm waiting for refund for flights on 2nd & 8th April, so hopefully, like yourself I'll have some refund soon. May I ask, did the refund show up in last few days of bank statement, or did it show back when you paid originally? I paid for mine in January and have since switched bank accounts which complicates the matter no end!

i got an email form them 2 days ago saying -
    "We acknowledge your request for a refund in lieu of a travel voucher for your unused booking.

We confirm that your refund request has been processed back to the form of payment used to pay for your booking. Your issuing bank will take 5-7 working days to process this refund amount back to your account"

Late last night i had a notification form Revolut that they had processed the refund on to my card.

I was due to fly on 26th April, the flight was cancelled on the 7th and i requested a full refund on that date.
    On 21st April i was issued a voucher, tried jumping through hoops for a day to get the cash refund i had already asked for but got no where with the rubbish customer service.
    Initiated a small claim on the 23rd which they disputed with an 8 page legal document.
    I proceeded with the claim and hadn't heard anything from the courts since.
    Since then ive had 2-3 emails from Ryanair saying im in a que, due to covid bla bla and "We acknowledge your request for a refund in lieu of a travel voucher for your unused booking".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

funkyouup wrote: »

Was the flight April 7th or cancelled on April 7th?

Ignore, just saw your reply

I was due to fly April 10th, they cancelled in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Swiss Air still withholding my money for a cancelled flight over 4 months later.

"we currently have no timeline for professing refunds" is what I'm told.

Would expect this crap from a low cost carrier but not a legacy airline like Swiss. Absolutely livid.

Advertisement