Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The one and only refund thread [READ MOD NOTE BEFORE POSTING]!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

How long is a refund taking from Aer Lingus?
    I sent in the form, got a case number. Thats 2 months ago.
    I tried AIB for a chargeback - they are fighting me every bit of the way.
    They dont want to do it.

Next step is, going to my AIB branch and sitting there until they refund me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

How long is a refund taking from Aer Lingus?
    I sent in the form, got a case number. Thats 2 months ago.
    I tried AIB for a chargeback - they are fighting me every bit of the way.
    They dont want to do it.

Next step is, going to my AIB branch and sitting there until they refund me.

Ring them 018049100. I got straight through.

Flight cancelled June 3rd, rang June 4th. Got refund June 8th. My flight was June 24th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭py

Sorry if wrong thread but are travel insurance companies accepting claims on flights which are not cancelled but are to countries not on green list?

Do people envision carriers to start cancelling more flights to those not on green list?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Daisy03

I applied 23rd of March as the route was cancelled (not just the flight). It was a new route so I think it's being delayed. Still waiting over 17 weeks later.

I just saw it says all March refunds are cleared. Anyone else still waiting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Anyone get through to Ryanair on the chat lately? I tried at 8am yesterday and left it running on the phone for an hour and a half before I closed it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭obi604

michellie wrote: »
    Anyone get through to Ryanair on the chat lately? I tried at 8am yesterday and left it running on the phone for an hour and a half before I closed it down.

Tried online chat a few hours ago. Quickest ever time to get an agent. 3 minutes. Has been from 3-45 mins over last few weeks.

obi604 wrote: »
    Tried online chat a few hours ago. Quickest ever time to get an agent. 3 minutes. Has been from 3-45 mins over last few weeks.

I sent a message at 1pm today and still waiting for someone to get back to me over 3 hours later. Left the screen open so havent been sitting watching it for 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Just got my 'refund is on its way' email from Ryanair for flight on 30th May, nothing yet for return flight 1st June (different booking). They seem to be speeding things up slightly..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

mgray wrote: »
    Just got my 'refund is on its way' email from Ryanair for flight on 30th May, nothing yet for return flight 1st June (different booking). They seem to be speeding things up slightly..

Feck. My flight was 25th of May and still not a word from them. seems they've passed me out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

My flight was April 27th, still nothing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Daisy03 wrote: »
    I applied 23rd of March as the route was cancelled (not just the flight). It was a new route so I think it's being delayed. Still waiting over 17 weeks later.

I just saw it says all March refunds are cleared. Anyone else still waiting?

We'd flights around that time too - still waiting on refunds! over 600-eur total, and after they had initially sent two emails to say 'we got your refund request' and then 'we haven't forgotten you, just...well...covid-n-stuff ye know...'. then they sent us vouchers that we didn't ask for. Seemed to be a sort of 'there ye go, now leave us alone' thing, and sure look, in 2021 after they expire you can get cash refund if you don't use them by then!
    So, I started a SCC application then, as I couldn't get through to them to tell them I didn't want/ask for vouchers.

So my guess was, for me that they have me in the 'special queue' of people who can f-off and wait for as long as they want us too to spite us. But seeing your post above there, maybe they're still processing some from the very beginning.

But then randomly last week they sent another email to remind us about the vouchers, and said if we wanted cash refunds just click a link and request it.
    So I'm not sure where the hell we are - except that they have my 600-odd euro since last October and it's probably in some bank account clocking up interest alongside who knows how many others

uuughghh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭nice bit of green

Evening all, booked with loveholidays to Spain for Aug 17th. As of July 22, their website infers they’re contacting customers and either offering refunds or possibly rebooks for a later date. I appreciate that’s only ystdy but just wondering if anyone had had a call from them yet and what was offered?
    Ryanair has already offered us a refund due to flight cancellation so that should be grand.
    Sound.

Evening all, booked with loveholidays to Spain for Aug 17th. As of July 22, their website infers they’re contacting customers and either offering refunds or possibly rebooks for a later date. I appreciate that’s only ystdy but just wondering if anyone had had a call from them yet and what was offered?
    Ryanair has already offered us a refund due to flight cancellation so that should be grand.
    Sound.

I booked with loveholidays. They refunded me the accommodation money last month after 8 weeks of waiting. Still waiting for Ryan Air to give loveholidays the money so they can give it to me.

I'd to apply for a full refund with Lovehols then apply to ryainair myself aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭nice bit of green

US2 wrote: »
    I booked with loveholidays. They refunded me the accommodation money last month after 8 weeks of waiting. Still waiting for Ryan Air to give loveholidays the money so they can give it to me.

I'd to apply for a full refund with Lovehols then apply to ryainair myself aswell
    I suppose everything was closed back then? With everything back open now I wonder if it’ll be any different? I’m in no panic for the money as long as they give me some info.
    Cheers for the reply.

andy69 wrote: »
    We'd flights around that time too - still waiting on refunds! over 600-eur total, and after they had initially sent two emails to say 'we got your refund request' and then 'we haven't forgotten you, just...well...covid-n-stuff ye know...'. then they sent us vouchers that we didn't ask for. Seemed to be a sort of 'there ye go, now leave us alone' thing, and sure look, in 2021 after they expire you can get cash refund if you don't use them by then!
    So, I started a SCC application then, as I couldn't get through to them to tell them I didn't want/ask for vouchers.

So my guess was, for me that they have me in the 'special queue' of people who can f-off and wait for as long as they want us too to spite us. But seeing your post above there, maybe they're still processing some from the very beginning.

But then randomly last week they sent another email to remind us about the vouchers, and said if we wanted cash refunds just click a link and request it.
    So I'm not sure where the hell we are - except that they have my 600-odd euro since last October and it's probably in some bank account clocking up interest alongside who knows how many others

uuughghh :(

I finally got onto a customer service rep for Ryan Air today after 5 hours waiting! Our flight was cancelled in March and I applied for the refund immeadiately and declined the voucher pretty much straight away too. I queried why it said on their site that all March refunds were processed when mine and others wasnt. My flight wasnt til August and that is what they are going by. They dont care that i applied for the refund when the flight was cancelled over 17 weeks ago! Its not considered a March refund which is ridiculous!

They said it should be refunded within 2 to 4 weeks!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

They are a shower of fooks, have to say it’s leaning a very bad taste. When open travel resumes again I will do all I can to avoid them if possible.

Got my Aer Lingus refund, rang their customer support Saturday morning, got connected with no delay, money was in my account this morning. It came in 4 different amounts for some reason.

Flight had been cancelled in May, I would probably still have been waiting if I had not rang them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Finally received my Aer Lingus voucher today after a 12 week wait. Just waiting for one more that I applied for 16 weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

What number are people using for Aer Lingus customer support?

I got a number from here around 3 weeks ago and i've tried it nearly every 2nd day since and can't get through. One day i left it on speaker for over 2 hours and nothing. The 01 7617835 one. It brings through options for a refund. But when I select refund request was after April 1st option the call ends without putting through to someone. Same with their twitter thing. Nobody human replies. Just says someone will be with me.

Ryanair have refunded already have a flight that was nearly a month after my AL ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Received my refunds from Aer Lingus last night for 4 flights on the 3rd and 5th of April.
    Flights were cancelled over two weeks before schedule and I had put in refund requests on the 25th of March.
    Had to complain to flight rights in July before Aer Lingus even responded to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Flipperdipper

I got fed up with Ryanair customer non support and contacted Avantcard as I had used my credit card to make the original booking. They asked me for copies of emails between myself and the airline. I sent them everything, including ones that had not been delivered because Ryanair's inbox was full, and surprise surprise within two weeks I had an email from Ryanair saying they had refunded my money. Thanks Avantcard.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

US2 wrote: »

Im in that situation expect maybe my flight didnt get cancelled, was yours cancelled? There are indications that LH are requesting refund from Ryanair for my flight but im unsure on this.

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Im in that situation expect maybe my flight didnt get cancelled, was yours cancelled? There are indications that LH are requesting refund from Ryanair for my flight but im unsure on this.

Yes my flight was cancelled. LH told me theyd chase Ryanair but I applied to ryan Air myself just to be sure.

vektarman wrote: »
    Finally received my Aer Lingus voucher today after a 12 week wait. Just waiting for one more that I applied for 16 weeks ago.

A voucher will be F all use.
    Check what IALPA is saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

A voucher will be F all use.
    Check what IALPA is saying.

What are IALPA saying, any links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭StreetLight

They are using passengers money as working capital. Holding on to your money, delaying, avoiding to pay cash refunds, issuing vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Sent Ryanair a message on FB 10 days ago and still no reply. Filled in all details and was told I'd get a reply via email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi

Is anyone else waiting for a Ryanair refund for flights cancelled in May?

I sent a refund request email back then but nothing since.

I read online that all May and June refunds would be nearly done by the end of July.

Thanks

Advertisement