Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby boom or divorce

• 27-04-2020 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

How are people in already rocky relationships coping. Is it bringing you closer ? Or tearing you apart
    Even in a healthy relationship its a lot of time together under pressure and stressed. In an already stressed relationship this might be the final nail in the coffin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

My relationship has definitely suffered.
    Never thought it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Lurching wrote: »
    My relationship has definitely suffered.
    Never thought it would.

Sorry to hear that. In what way?

This could be a make or break situation for some
    Not to be totally negative but if this shows us anything its how at the end of the day this is your life and youve to live with it. I dont think o want my old life back. We saw very little of each other really so that's probably how we were still together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Both most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Mine has been up and down.
    Not in the baby boom way though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

According to my psychiatrist who I now liaise with monthly over the phone, many many people are struggling badly with poor mental health as a result of the lockdown. He thinks many couples who are cooped up together 24/7 are at breaking point.

My addiction counsellor also told me that most of his clients have relapsed in the past month. Some very badly. Apparently I am more the exception than the rule.

He wants me to join the relapse prevention group which meets on Zoom tomorrow to give those who have relapsed and slipped encouragement that it is possible to maintain sobriety in these times. He said that I am a model of recovery and he wants me to be a positive example to the others. :)

My OH and I have rowed a fair few times over silly things. But I can head out for a long walk in the Phoenix Park to cool off if that happens. Others are not so fortunate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

I've always known that family is more precious than anything. this disruption just reinforces that: think we're somewhat content at home, us three and our dog; only missing the extended family (living in other countries currently).

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

JupiterKid wrote: »
    According to my psychiatrist who I now liaise with monthly over the phone, many many people are struggling badly with poor mental health as a result of the lockdown. He thinks many couples who are cooped up together 24/7 are at breaking point.

My addiction counsellor also told me that most of his clients have relapsed in the past month. Some very badly. Apparently I am more the exception than the rule.

He wants me to join the relapse prevention group which meets on Zoom tomorrow to give those who have relapsed and slipped encouragement that it is possible to maintain sobriety in these times. He said that I am a model of recovery and he wants me to be a positive example to the others. :)

My OH and I have rowed a fair few times over silly things. But I can head out for a long walk in the Phoenix Park to cool off if that happens. Others are not so fortunate.

Good for you and hang in there

It really is a time when the usual problems that go ignored are staring us in the face. For those who are closer than ever I'm truly happy for you. I wish i was in that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

I'm single. So neither for me. I'm coping great with this lockdown. So much time for side projects!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Getting along with the other half just fine, it's the kids who are driving me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭collywobble7

LeYouth wrote:
    I'm single. So neither for me. I'm coping great with this lockdown. So much time for side projects!

If I was you I wouldn't have bothered commenting. I'm a bit confused why you did 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Six weeks into lockdown and haven't had an argument. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

We had one pretty loud shouting match for about 3 minutes. Was over stupid and silly stuff that she had let build build but individually they are/weren't anything but together they just exploded. I got frustrated as I could see she was booked over something.

Apart from that I think we are getting on grand. Yes we annoy each other at times but I'm disappearing off for expertise for a few hours each day so it gives her some alone time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

This is going to sound a bit twee, we are having a ball he is working from home so we have lunch in the sunny garden together, go for a long walk as soon as he finishes work as he has no commute. I work part-time and had holidays booked so took them anyway.

We have no small children, it's only us and we have money, we get on very well anyway.

Sticking to a routine is the key so no drinking during the week proper meal times and more or less the same sleeping pattern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I would say if anything it's brought us closer together.
    I appreciate the amount of work she does at home more (she is a full-time housewife to our three kids), we haven't argued at all.
    A part of me wishes I could always work from home albeit without the virus and its associated restrictions.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement