If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60" TV, Sound System & Wall Bracket

Options
  • 27-04-2020 10:02pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I've been holding off putting a TV into an extension that I built a few years ago for a number of social reasons but the time is nigh!

The wall where the tv will sit is 5.5m wide and blank, it's a diner/living room and is about 9m long. I've had various cardboard cut-outs on it to determine which is the best size (what the missus will allow). We've settled at 60" but I'm open to further discussions...

I'm looking for a sound system too. When I built the extension I ran speaker cable into the four corners of the lounge area so either a surround sound system or a sound-bar. Probably lean towards the sound system if: 
    1. budget allows it
    2. the speakers fit aesthetically (there are seats in 3 of the 4 corners that the speakers are cabled to) 

I also need a wall bracket. The Sony Bravia has been recommended to me but hey... I've €1500 to spend though would be happy to spend less if I got away with it :)  Would spend more if needed but would prefer to land around the budget.

Saying the above, if I get the refund from Aer Lingus the budget could increase! Your thoughts etc. would be most welcome!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi all, I've been holding off putting a TV into an extension that I built a few years ago for a number of social reasons but the time is nigh!

The wall where the tv will sit is 5.5m wide and blank, it's a diner/living room and is about 9m long. I've had various cardboard cut-outs on it to determine which is the best size (what the missus will allow). We've settled at 60" but I'm open to further discussions...

I'm looking for a sound system too. When I built the extension I ran speaker cable into the four corners of the lounge area so either a surround sound system or a sound-bar. Probably lean towards the sound system if: 
    1. budget allows it
    2. the speakers fit aesthetically (there are seats in 3 of the 4 corners that the speakers are cabled to) 

I also need a wall bracket. The Sony Bravia has been recommended to me but hey... I've €1500 to spend though would be happy to spend less if I got away with it :)  Would spend more if needed but would prefer to land around the budget.

Saying the above, if I get the refund from Aer Lingus the budget could increase! Your thoughts etc. would be most welcome!
    Hi Mr Magnolia.

Thanks for the post.

For a TV it would the either a 55" or a 65" there really isn't any 60" that we can get our hands on unfortunately.

In a 55" you could check out the excellent Sony 55XF9005 coming in at £799 (5 star reviewed in What HiFi)- There is also a further 10% off the price dropping it to £719.10
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203177-sony-kd55xf9005-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

For the home cinema system you could check out the Sony STRDN1080 at £409
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202643-sony-strdn1080-black-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

And pair it with the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 pack retailing at £599
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203919-monitor-audio-mass-5-1-midnight-black-inc-6-year-g-tee-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

I could offer the 1080 and the Mass together for £849.00

Wall brackets for the Mass speakers I could offer for £15 each. Total for 4 would be £60
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203345-monitor-audio-masm-black-speaker-wall-mount-single.aspx

A bracket for the Sony there would be the Sanus VLL5 which I could offer at £30
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12678-sanus-vll5-slim-flat-bracket-42-90-inch-fixed-tv-bracket.aspx

Total all in for the TV, A/V receiver, 5.1 speaker pack and brackets would be a little over budget at £1658.10 or 1950 Euro.

This would be a fantastic setup.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hi Kenny, 

Thanks a million for the information. It does look like a helluva set-up but is over budget and to make matters worse, I think a 55" will be a little small for the wall. What can you do the package with a 65" for?

Also, are the surround speakers ok at about 400mm from grade? I'm wondering if I can locate them below the top of the furniture, out of sight or do they really need to be exposed for full effect?

Thanks again

Hi Kenny, 

Thanks a million for the information. It does look like a helluva set-up but is over budget and to make matters worse, I think a 55" will be a little small for the wall. What can you do the package with a 65" for?

Also, are the surround speakers ok at about 400mm from grade? I'm wondering if I can locate them below the top of the furniture, out of sight or do they really need to be exposed for full effect?

Thanks again
    Hey Mr Magnolia.

If you put the speaker behind something it will ruin the effect and make things sound muffled.

I would not recommend having something obstructing the sound flow from the speakers.

For 65" Sony there is the 65XG8505 which is priced at £999. I have noticed that the Sony 10% deal has now been removed from our website.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203982-sony-bravia-kd65xg8505bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Or the 65XG7003 priced at £779
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204096-sony-bravia-kd65xg7003bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-freeview-hd.aspx

For the AV system you could check out the Pioneer VSX534 priced at £269
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204034-pioneer-vsx534-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

You could then pair it with the Wharfedale DX2 pried at £369
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203096-wharfedale-dx2-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

Let m know if I'm getting closer to what you are after.

Kenny.

Hi Kenny, 

Thanks again
    Hey Mr Magnolia.

If you put the speaker behind something it will ruin the effect and make things sound muffled.

I would not recommend having something obstructing the sound flow from the speakers.

For 65" Sony there is the 65XG8505 which is priced at £999. I have noticed that the Sony 10% deal has now been removed from our website.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203982-sony-bravia-kd65xg8505bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Or the 65XG7003 priced at £779
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204096-sony-bravia-kd65xg7003bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-freeview-hd.aspx

For the AV system you could check out the Pioneer VSX534 priced at £269
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204034-pioneer-vsx534-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

You could then pair it with the Wharfedale DX2 pried at £369
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203096-wharfedale-dx2-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

Let m know if I'm getting closer to what you are after.

Kenny.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Kenny, [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Many thanks![/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm seeing the 65XG7003 for €799 on the website this evening not £799 which looks good to me thanks.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]That Panasonic AV looks good to me too, I've had a look through the spec's but what would you highlight as the main differences for consideration? [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]On the surround sound, I'll be sticking to the original Monitor Audio MASS 5.1 Midnight Black mainly for size and aesthetics. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Also, I have the speakers wired (speaker cable) but could you please include any other leads I would require? I’ll need 3.5m in length between TV inlet and AV outlet.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Could you price the lot up when you get a chance including brackets previously mentioned?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Many thanks again![/font]

Are the surround sound speakers, available in any model or the preferred model above in a cream colour or white/off-white?

• Advertisement

Are the surround sound speakers, available in any model or the preferred model above in a cream colour or white/off-white?
    Hi Mr Magnolia,

You can get the Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 speakers in Mist white which is an off white colour:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203920-monitor-audio-mass-5-1-mist-white-inc-6-year-g-tee-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, they look good thanks. Can you price it up please. Slight change on the bracketing, I need the wall bracket for the tv and two stands for the speakers. Can you also include the cabling as detailed about. Many thanks. 

Thanks David, they look good thanks. Can you price it up please. Slight change on the bracketing, I need the wall bracket for the tv and two stands for the speakers. Can you also include the cabling as detailed about. Many thanks. 
    Good Morning Mr Magnolia.

Pricing in Euro would be as follows.
    65XG7003 priced at 799 Euro
    Pioneer VSX534 priced at 324 Euro
    Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 - Mist - priced at 699 Euro
    Sansu VLL5 (TV Bracket) priced at 48.99 Euro
    Monitor Audio Mass Stands - White - 119 Euro
    Total = 1989.99 Euro (Excluding speaker and sub cable).

I could offer this for 1872.00 Euro.
    Adding in a sublink cable would bring the total to 1887 Euro.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny, just a query I had above on the AV system: That Panasonic AV looks good to me too, I've had a look through the spec's but what would you highlight as the main differences for consideration? 

Thanks Kenny, just a query I had above on the AV system: That Panasonic AV looks good to me too, I've had a look through the spec's but what would you highlight as the main differences for consideration? 
    Hi Mr Magnolia.

Is it the Pioneer A/V receiver you are talking about as I can't seem to find a Panasonic A/V system?

When you say main differences for consideration. Do you mean between the original Sony 1080 I quoted for at 479 Euro and the Pioneer VSX534 at 324 Euro?

• Advertisement

Sorry. Yes thanks, I mean exactly that. 

Sorry. Yes thanks, I mean exactly that. 
    Hey Mr Magnolia.

The Sony would have a lot more inputs and outputs.
    The Sony is a 7.2 amp whereas the Pioneer the normal 5.1.
    For Atmos the Pioneer can only run 3.1.2 but Sony the full 5.1.2
    The Sony has also more features like Chromecast built in, Apple Aiplay.

The Sony it the better of the two units but the Pioneer at its priced point still does a great job.

Kenny.

Thanks again Kenny, have been digesting, I think I'll stick with the Sony AV so... Whats the best way to get in touch with ye now?

Thanks sincerely again.

Thanks again Kenny, have been digesting, I think I'll stick with the Sony AV so... Whats the best way to get in touch with ye now?

Thanks sincerely again.
    Hey Mr Magnolia.

The Sony is by far the better receiver.
    I've been temped for one for over a year now, so I think that will be my next purchase when we get back to the store.

This would bring the total to 2040 Euro.

If you are happy to proceed drop me over your contact number in a PM and I can give you a call.

Kenny.

Sent!

Sent!
    Cheers Mr Magnolia.

I'll be in touch ASAP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.