Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your disciplinary record on here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Very true. I have tried to contribute to the Rugby forum on a couple of occasions and received outright bans in seconds. Very cliquey.

A lot of mods will give you beatings if they disagree with your tone or argument, it can often depend on how close you are sailing to their wind. I have given up arguing though, if a mod does not like what you said you are going down until you shut up. Speech is not as free as you think.

I think if you can limit your posts to areas which you genuinely love and care about you can really limit your beatings. It is getting into snipes on political forums that cause the most crap. I post all the time on music forums and never any hassle. But if I say that the Irish out half is a bit of a chunt I get a ban.

You can always tell if a post has been reported as well. The mod will not know why they are dishing out the beating. They will have been prompted, some of them are real numbskulls.

The Rugby forum is the worst for it...any negative remark about a player(even when evidence is provided to support remark) you get carded or banned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

antodeco wrote: »
    No warnings , cards or bans, on here 18 years. I am part of the privileged special accounts however ;)

You are the Gary Lineker of boards

• Site Banned Posts: 10 Rereg Troll

Pristine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,968 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'm banned from the politics forum for posting one too many silly memes:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

i've been disciplined a few times...put in my place and given my medicine and oh was it bitter.
    and you have to take your medicine, ...

one threadban on this account, no other issues on this or the last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Two yellows. One was for referring to breastfeeding Nazism. Didn't call anyone anything, just used the term. Breastfeeding isn't an option for everyone so bashing people about it isn't nice. You may not discuss options for formula though as that apparently is an offence against the orthodoxy.

The other was for "baiting other users to get a reaction". I thought I was being friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

How can I see the control panel to see my summary??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

How can I see the control panel to see my summary??

Click your username on a laptop or desktop and the infractions tab is there to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Or on your phone change from touch site to full site and do the same as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

This thread shows there are really only three types of posters on this website.

The Goody Two Shoes

tenor.gif

The Repenters

source.gif

And The Troublemakers

tenor.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Guy Person wrote: »
    This thread shows there are really only three types of posters on this website.

The Goody Two Shoes
    The Repenters
    And The Troublemakers

Not to mention...

1462338.main_image.jpg?strip=all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Two yellows and one red for telling someone to **** off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Deja Boo wrote: »
    :eek: There's an infractions tab ???

I can't see that tab either.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

On touch site: click on your profile. Scroll down and click on “full site”. Where you see the “about me” folders etc, there will be one there that says infractions. They are only visible to each user. We can’t see other users infraction folders but moderators can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Probably isn't there if you don't have any.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Don't think it's there if you don't have any;)

You also cannot see bans from the Control Panel

In - nil
    Out - 1,879 cards, 258 forum bans (in forums I currently mod, plus a few from when I modded Cycling and Dublin County North), and just shy of 5k sitebans

Only 15 posters in this thread received any of them though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

18 yellow card, 10 red cards, 1 temp site ban.

Also still banned from Cycling and possibly also Christianity.

The site ban was due in part to a poster that had Pig in their name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

sketch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

petes wrote: »
    Probably isn't there if you don't have any.

I only got a 24 hour ban once but I actually appealed that because it was a misunderstanding and in fairness within the hour, I was back in.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Loads of reds and yellows.
    I’m the Vinny Jones of Boards.
    But I’m settling down of late.

I love mods, I love mods, I love mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Beasty wrote: »

In - nil
    Out - 1,879 cards, 258 forum bans (in forums I currently mod, plus a few from when I modded Cycling and Dublin County North), and just shy of 5k sitebans

How long are we talking to reach those numbers? Since 2009?

And will you have a party for the 5,000th site ban?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Never received a single yellow or red, seems I'm completely in the minority :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭HBC08

Where are ye seeing this or how do I get to the control panel??!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

In - nil

With the exception of one or two I think all of mine came from you. The site bans for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Can't see mine but in 10 years I think 1 x 1 day ban for chat in a no chat thread -_- maybe a yellow somewhere but that's about it.

I know some people are out and out trolls but I don't understand how those who aren't find it so hard to stay on the right side of the mods/rules. Obviously there'll be the odd moment of anger, these things happen, but you see some posters with countless cards and bans and they think it's the mods that are the issue. In some cases it is, but when multiple mods are cardng and banning you across various threads and forums, it's you who is most likely the issue. I've only seen one or two cases where it was actually the mods but they're few and far between.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

This is it wrote: »
    Can't see mine but in 10 years I think 1 x 1 day ban for chat in a no chat thread -_- maybe a yellow somewhere but that's about it.

I know some people are out and out trolls but I don't understand how those who aren't find it so hard to stay on the right side of the mods/rules. Obviously there'll be the odd moment of anger, these things happen, but you see some posters with countless cards and bans and they think it's the mods that are the issue. In some cases it is, but when multiple mods are cardng and banning you across various threads and forums, it's you who is most likely the issue. I've only seen one or two cases where it was actually the mods but they're few and far between.

Some are trolls but others have opinions that go against the grain of the majority. Sometimes a bit of a pile on can happen and it gets personal. Multiple reports of the person with the against the herd opinion happen and a card is produced. Can't be helped sometimes once enough people report one poster

Loads of reds and yellows.
    I’m the Vinny Jones of Boards.
    But I’m settling down of late.

I love mods, I love mods, I love mods.

Is this a poem?

Cards are red
    Cards are yellow
    Don’t ban me
    I’m a lovely fellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭HBC08

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Or on your phone change from touch site to full site and do the same as above.

Thanks.
    Just had a look there,grim reading!
    No friends,not a member of any group,here a year and a half!
    No cards it would seem but did have a post deleted before.
    All round bad boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Some are trolls but others have opinions that go against the grain of the majority. Sometimes a bit of a pile on can happen and it gets personal. Multiple reports of the person with the against the herd opinion happen and a card is produced. Can't be helped sometimes once enough people report one poster

In some cases but I've seen plenty of threads where posters go against the grain and have no issues once they don't break the rules

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 10 Rereg Troll

Oh yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Oh yeah?

brave move, let's see if it pays off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Cards are red
    Cards are yellow
    Don’t ban me
    I’m a lovely fellow

Some cards are yellow
    Other cards are red
    Ban this fellow
    And you'll soon be dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

Good lash of reds and yellows, definitely 5 reds

How do I reset my view to the way it was?? This full mode is doing my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,074 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

How do I reset my view to the way it was?? This full mode is doing my head in.

Are you on mobile?

Click on Touch site on the bottom of the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm clean.

Usually the cards that are handed out are well deserved and those who complain about it usually deserve it most of all.

But I have seen some posters done dirty over the years, there have been some miscarriages of justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wtf ? wrote: »
    How do you become a mod ? Does Dev call you or what ?

That question led me to my last Red Card, somebody asked it, and i said you had to send a detailed PM to Dav explaining why you'd be good at the job.

Must have been time of the month as i got a red for that :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'm a rereg since 2015. In the last 5 years I've just racked up 2 yellows. One for posting a referral code before they were allowed and the other I cannot remember why. The reason doesn't explain it well on the infractions page. In a past life I remember getting a few yellows for discussing things that can't be discussed like cardsharing and modded apps.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

was site banned twice....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

3 yellow cards in what..6 months or so :pac:

url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fview%2Fwhatever-shrug-love-lucy-okay-idk-gif-16447471&psig=AOvVaw1Iww30BtviQIKrNAjSwPTo&ust=1588230095824000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCKiPkNWIjekCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

One because I genuinely did not know nonce meant paedophile. I thought it was harmless like dunce or nincompoop.
    The others I don't regret. Like the dog who ate the car keyring in the AA Insurance commercial says ''And I'd do it again.''

There will probably be more.

Are you on mobile?

Click on Touch site on the bottom of the screen.

Thanks. That did the job all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,488 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Six or seven pages of reds and yellows..

A lot of them for being mean to trolls on the Brexit threads

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

brave move, let's see if it pays off
    T'wasn't me

Honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Don't know, don't care, good view warnings, couple of bans, but who cares really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Hoop66

3 yellow, 2 red.

One of the reds was for 'Referring to other members of the forum as "idiots"'. Must have been the conspiracy theory forum so...

Hoop66 wrote:
    One of the reds was for 'Referring to other members of the forum as "idiots"'. Must have been the conspiracy theory forum so...

You were right

I'm awful concerned you're spiritually bankrupt, the devil is a terrible paymaster.

I like him, he's sound, and a bitta craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    You were right

Oh yeah! Man, that derry guy was out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

T'wasn't me

Honest!

*puts hand up*

Advertisement