Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prior service carry over?

• 28-04-2020 8:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

HI folks,

Was hoping someone can give me some info. I'm a civil servant, fairly fresh at just over 1 year now. Was meant to be going to Templemore in May pre virus.

Does your time in service carry over from the civil service? I'd heard it does from the Defence forces.

Hadn't bothered asking before since it was only a year, but given we don't know when the College will reopen it might actually matter now.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TDawg1990

Yea , it Carrie's over on what's called a knock for knock basis. As long as there isnt more than a 6 month break between your previous job and joining the GS. I'm in the DF 20 years...hoping to join this year...I've plenty of research into it...need any more info pm me.

Advertisement