Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempting to draw down mortgage, bank keep making excuses

• 28-04-2020 9:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone is having the same issue I am.
    My mortgage was due to be drawn down/funds transferred on Friday (24th of April), however this did not happen due to a "glitch" which they said they would have fixed on Monday.
    The glitch related to a software release/system upgrade that happened on the bank holiday weekend. (So this glitch existed from the 21st to the 24th)

Yesterday (Monday 27th of April) they contacted my solicitor and said the glitch only affects me (My account) and they are working to fix it, and that the money will be transferred today (Tuesday 28th of April)

I find all this very suspicious.
    The week before last I was asked to send in documents that had already been sent in and the week before I was asked about my employment status over covid-19.

These all seem like delay tactics.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    If the bank has decided that they don't want to give me a loan at the last hurdle I'd be annoyed about that, but it's more annoying being in the dark. :mad:

G.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

On these uncertain times do you really blame them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Did you not check with your Solicitor to see if he/she received the funds yesterday as promised before posting this ? Surely that might have been the most sensible thing to do rather than finding it suspicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

All sorted in the end....
    Must have been a bank glitch after all.

Advertisement