Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running cat 6 cabling

• 28-04-2020 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi

Just finished chasing my house, forgot about the cat 6 cables. No electrician on site yet.

Do I need separate chases for the cat 6 or can I run the cables in an existing plug chase and branch off and cut an extra socket box?

Would it be better to just do a brand new chase

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

Would it not interfere with the electric cables, separate I would think.

Its a pain in the ring but do a seperate chase.
    It could be a problem to physically fit the cat 6 and 2 x 2.5mm cables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭briaineo

Thanks

Will run separate chases

Another job to today’s tasks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Yeah, better to do another chase, CAT6, coax, alarm cabling should be run separate from electric cables.

Run a couple of CAT6 to strategic places in your ceilings too, it'll be handy for a WiFi mesh, giving you decent wifi all over the house.

And if you're into security, consider running some to a few points around the house for CCTV or even for an external WiFi point.

Advertisement