Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grow tent Help

• 28-04-2020 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭

Folks, I'm hoping to use this current time to finally setup a grow tent and play around with some more exotic fruits and vegs (have always wanted to grow strawberries and peppers).

I'm getting a little confused by the jargon around lights

can anyone offer any suggestions on cost effective starter kits (tent, light and extraction if required) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Strawberries and peppers can be grown outside, no need for a tent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Strawberries and peppers can be grown outside, no need for a tent

I'm aware, thanks & have a greenhouse but eager to play with tent and lights.

appreciate all the help and pointers so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Don't be sharp (sand), this is the gardening forum. You're asking about an area very few have any practical experience of :)

Don't be sharp (sand), this is the gardening forum. You're asking about an area very few have any practical experience of :)

It is gardening though, so where else would it be posted ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭macraignil

This company in Cork and Limerick says they stock them so maybe you could contact them for some advice. I think the LED type lights are the most efficient as the frequency of the light from the light emitting diode grow light can be specific to be the best for plant photosynthesis. Infra red light is better for just producing heat and I think many florescent lights is OK as well. You can source a variety of lights that are good for plants by just searching for grow light with other types of light with good frequencies for plants like this one, but not much experience with them myself so the company above would probably have much better advice to give.

Advertisement