Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Origin of Covid-19

Options
  • 28-04-2020 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Many people seem to be changing their stance on the true origin of Covid-19.
    A recent U.S. Defence Intelligence report, dated March 27 and corroborated by two U.S. officials, reveals that U.S. intelligence revised its January assessment in to now include the possibility that the new coronavirus emerged "accidentally" in Wuhan due to "unsafe laboratory practices".
    Personally this doesn't come as a surprise.
    The Wuhan lab received funding to do some questionable research, including $200 million for the international program called PREDICT, Some of this research involves taking deadly viruses and enhancing their ability to spread quickly through a population—research that took place over the objections of hundreds of scientists, who have warned for years of the program's potential to cause a pandemic.

Interestingly enough a tweeted report from 2015 article explains how the Wuhan virology lab was testing a "bat" based coronavirus. I think its far more likely at this stage that the virus came from the Wuhan lab rather than some wet market.

https://twitter.com/NatureNews/status/666158895149264897

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

splashuum wrote: »
    Personally this doesn't come as a surprise.

I bet personally you know nothing about this lab in Wuhan and that all information you have in relation has come through various media sources. And you may not even "personally" be able to locate Wuhan on a map.
    So OK

I'm not saying anything about this story but I bet you have no personal information on this topic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

It is well known they were studying bat coronaviruses there (at Wuhan Institute of Virology), and safety practices had been called into question. Its plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

I bet personally you know nothing about this lab in Wuhan and that all information you have in relation has come through various media sources. And you may not even "personally" be able to locate Wuhan on a map.
    So OK

I'm not saying anything about this story but I bet you have no personal information on this topic at all.

Is "personal information" now a requirement to post on boards?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That doesn't mean anything at all. Sounds like you're trying to propagate some nonsense conspiracy theory.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Big thread over in the Conspiracy Theory forum. I suggest checking it out if you want to go down this rabbit hole.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058056380

Locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement