Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separation from Non EEU National / Visa renewal / Advice

Options
  • 28-04-2020 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

Hope you are keeping well during these troublesome times.

I am seeking some advice for which i am hopeful someone can help me with / point me in the right direction.

I have split with my non eu wife, living in separate abodes, about 8 months now. I am an Irish citizen. We have a child. The child stays with me. We both lived abroad and also registered our marriage abroad. We arrived in Ireland, and my ex received a marriage visa, for which she is still currently residing in the state on. This visa is up for renewal, at the end of this year.

I don't particularly want to renew her visa on the basis of a marriage which is deemed to be in separation, but i do want her here, only because of our child. She also would like to remain in the state. She is currently working for a reputable company, has a steady income, and as i mentioned previously - is living in a separate abode.

Can anyone please help with some friendly advice. Should this be reported to GNIB, for clarity on moving forward?

Is there a visa she can get on our child, who holds an Irish passport, and has been residing in the state now for nearly 20 months now. Please note our child was born abroad in a non EEU country.

Thanks all.

Advertisement