Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm list and and one or two questions.

Options
  • 28-04-2020 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I'm an electrician and want to put an alarm into my house I just bought. My friend runs an electrical wholesalers and deals with HKC but doesn't order too much so I thought I'd ask for advise here. It's not pre wired so I'm going the Wifi option for all sensors
    The list I have is:
    Kitchen window: 1 inertial sensor and 1 normal. It has two openings
    Kitchen French doors: 1 inertial sensor and 1 normal. It has two openings.
    Kitchen PVC door to garage 1 inertial sensor.
    Front door. 1 inertial sensor
    Front window: 1 inertial sensor
    Window on landing: 1 inertial sensor
    Bathroom: 1 inertial sensor
    Back bedroom: 1 inertial sensor and 1 normal. It has two openings.
    Front bedroom: 1 inertial sensor and 1 normal. It has two openings.
    Box bedroom: 1 inertial sensor.
    10 inertial sensors total
    5 normal sensors
    1 wifi panel
    1 internal sounder non-wifi
    1 key panel non- wifi
    1 external sounder wifi
    1 wifi card(if they do them) GSM card otherwise.

Does that list look ok. I figure with every window covered I shouldn't need any PIRs as all entries will be covered.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance. Part numbers would be extra help but it's a lot to ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

You seem to have it well spec'd alright. I would put in some PIR's. Id put one in the main hallway, the landing. At least you would have internal protection if any of the sensors failed for whatever reason.

Id also wire the saab as a zone through the tamper switch.

Edit: Sorry i just seen you are planning a a wireless saab...i wouldnt id go wired, same with the echo, always.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Hi guys.

I'm an electrician and want to put an alarm into my house I just bought. My friend runs an electrical wholesalers and deals with HKC but doesn't order too much so I thought I'd ask for advise here. It's not pre wired so I'm going the Wifi option for all sensors
    The list I have is:
    Kitchen window: 1 inertial sensor and 1 normal. It has two openings
    Kitchen French doors: 1 inertial sensor and 1 normal. It has two openings.
    Kitchen PVC door to garage 1 inertial sensor.
    Front door. 1 inertial sensor
    Front window: 1 inertial sensor
    Window on landing: 1 inertial sensor
    Bathroom: 1 inertial sensor
    Back bedroom: 1 inertial sensor and 1 normal. It has two openings.
    Front bedroom: 1 inertial sensor and 1 normal. It has two openings.
    Box bedroom: 1 inertial sensor.
    10 inertial sensors total
    5 normal sensors
    1 wifi panel
    1 internal sounder non-wifi
    1 key panel non- wifi
    1 external sounder wifi
    1 wifi card(if they do them) GSM card otherwise.

Does that list look ok. I figure with every window covered I shouldn't need any PIRs as all entries will be covered.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance. Part numbers would be extra help but it's a lot to ask.

Hi Op,
    All the best with the install.
    Ok just to sort out the terminology, the wireless detectors are not Wifi devices and neither do they need a Wifi network to connect to the Control Panel.
    They work on their own frequency which is a million miles from Wifi frequencies.
    On the windows which are double openings, you could specify 1 wireless shock sensor with inbuilt reed switch which will also detect one of the opening sashs on this window. Another cost saving here would be to get a wired type inertia shock sensor with reed switch, you could fit this to the other opening sash on the window and wire it into inputs on the wireless sensor which is covering the other sash.

As regards the WIFI card, ok go for the GSM Wifi unit instead. If your electricity goes off or if there is an issue with your broadband router then your Wifi will be down and unable to transmit alarm conditions to you.
    If you have the GSM Wifi card, then this unit has a world SIM card within it and once the alarm system is alive will always notify you of activations etc.

The best panel to go for is the 10/270.
    I second the previous posters suggestion of perhaps wiring the sounders if at all possible and would suggest PIR coverage as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

kub wrote: »
    Hi Op,
    All the best with the install.
    Ok just to sort out the terminology, the wireless detectors are not Wifi devices and neither do they need a Wifi network to connect to the Control Panel.
    They work on their own frequency which is a million miles from Wifi frequencies.
    On the windows which are double openings, you could specify 1 wireless shock sensor with inbuilt reed switch which will also detect one of the opening sashs on this window. Another cost saving here would be to get a wired type inertia shock sensor with reed switch, you could fit this to the other opening sash on the window and wire it into inputs on the wireless sensor which is covering the other sash.

As regards the WIFI card, ok go for the GSM Wifi unit instead. If your electricity goes off or if there is an issue with your broadband router then your Wifi will be down and unable to transmit alarm conditions to you.
    If you have the GSM Wifi card, then this unit has a world SIM card within it and once the alarm system is alive will always notify you of activations etc.

The best panel to go for is the 10/270.
    I second the previous posters suggestion of perhaps wiring the sounders if at all possible and would suggest PIR coverage as well.

Thanks for tips I'll get that panel and two pirs. If I have this correct I only need to get the 10 wireless inertial sensors with reed and then get 5 wired inertial sensors that can be wired over to the wireless sensor?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Thanks for tips I'll get that panel and two pirs. If I have this correct I only need to get the 10 wireless inertial sensors with reed and then get 5 wired inertial sensors that can be wired over to the wireless sensor?

Exactly a HKC wireless shock sensor or wireless contact has terminals onboard to which you can connect wired devices to. Obviously only devices which do not require power. Oh and its Inertia as opposed to Inertial

Advertisement