Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Presenters - Perfect Hair during Covid19

Options
  • 28-04-2020 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭

Noticeably perfect hair among the presenters on RTE and TV3. No dark or grey roots, no frizz or badly needed hair cuts. Are we supposed to believe they all do their own hair or could the no hairdresser rule not apply to them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe they did it over the bath!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭appledrop

I noticed exact same thing. Miriam hair perfect + not a outgrown root in sight!

I know rte have own make up artist so maybe have own hairdresser aswell who is classed as an essential work as working in 'journalism'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Noticeably perfect hair among the presenters on RTE and TV3. No dark or grey roots, no frizz or badly needed hair cuts. Are we supposed to believe they all do their own hair or could the no hairdresser rule not apply to them?

Richard Chambers hair is growing longer anyhow with a large fist of brly cream applied to the top
    Looks well actually
    Others are shaving it,also looking well,it could be their partners doing it
    Most women I know can do their own hair dye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I got my hair cut on the 14th March and it's still very short/neat. It's only been 6 weeks, not 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ruth Langsford's hair is like a bird's nest tbf.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I read that that the makeup artists and hairdressers left them with makeup and hair products.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

RTE has its own hairdressers and make up artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Arrests need to be made.

I read that that the makeup artists and hairdressers left them with makeup and hair products.
    I can't see miriam doing her own roots. I could be wrong though.

They shouldn't be working though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

If RTÉ are allowed have hairdressers (and it very much looks like they are going by Miriam and Claire Byrne) then why are all hairdressers not allowed to open or at least do home visits? Social distancing should be the same for everyone!

Politicians also seem to be very handy hairdressers on the side.

Ruth Langsford's hair is like a bird's nest tbf.

Yes there is a small fee that stand out as not having been done. But the majority seem to be using a hairdresser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Well it looked like the staff coiffure hadn't made it out of D4. Ciaran Mullooly, RTE News Midlands Correspondent reporting the other night had a mop on him like William Hickey in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
    A visual reminder... https://tinyurl.com/yd6s9joq
    (BTW I like Ciaran's reporting!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Arrests need to be made.

There should be a tribunal.

There should be a tribunal.

Neighbour is a hairdresser who has been laid off due to covid19. Has been told she no longer qualifies for a mortgage that she had been approved for due to this. It is grossly unfair for TV Presenters to be able to use a service that is deemed unsafe for the majority. Sets a really bad example to everyone re social distancing too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Sharon Ni Bheolan definitely hasn't been near a hair dresser lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Neighbour is a hairdresser who has been laid off due to covid19. Has been told she no longer qualifies for a mortgage that she had been approved for due to this. It is grossly unfair for TV Presenters to be able to use a service that is deemed unsafe for the majority. Sets a really bad example to everyone re social distancing too.

Maybe the hair dressers are doing zoom calls and giving tips. Maybe Miriam is willing to take it on herself, or one of her kids, surely one of them is a hairdresser.

My partner dyed her hair last week, and it looks grand. It is down past the shoulders too, so it doesn't look like she's in need of a cut.

I've quite short hair, so I currently look like a shag pile rug. Moral of the story, some look good, some look overgrown.

The truth is we do not know.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have spoken to my local official and he will report it immediately to the Ministerium für Staatssicherheit

tbh if they are dumb enough to let someone do their hair right now they are dumb enough to let other things happen and will be paying for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maybe being women they actually know how to look after their hair to a point.

/idiotic thread btw

Advertisement