Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV in Business/Office

Options
  • 28-04-2020 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

A mate asked me to look at changing the DVR in his business and fix a few BNC connections as a favour no money will change hands is this ok to do without a license?

Also on that is it ok to install your own CCTV on your own business premises without a license?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

A mate asked me to look at changing the DVR in his business and fix a few BNC connections as a favour no money will change hands is this ok to do without a license?

Also on that is it ok to install your own CCTV on your own business premises without a license?

To be honest you will be told here that you need a licence but the reality is you dont as long as there is no financial gain. The whole system regarding the installation of security systems is a joke. You dont even need to be qualified in it to do it. Once you pay your fees and get your licence you can do as you please.

Of course you can install a system yourself. Your insurance company could use it as a get out of jail card though if something were to happen and it was found to be you who installed it and not a professional. Any excuse for them not to pay out. Whether they would be as strict with that scenario regarding CCTV over Intruder i don't know.

Advertisement