Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skip hire that takes domestic waste

• 29-04-2020 2:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭

Have to clear a house for a landlord client. Im trying to organise an 8+ cubic yard skip but most say ‘strictly no domestic waste / black bags’ problem is tenants left behind 50-60 black bags plus a load of furnuture / rubble etc has to go in it. Anyone know of a skip hire company without this requirement. (Dublin west/kildare ) Would preffer not to have to rent a van and drive it to ballymount. With that volume this ‘4 euro per bag’ services like kollect or similar are just not financially viable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭con747

Have to clear a house for a landlord client. Im trying to organise an 8+ cubic yard skip but most say ‘strictly no domestic waste / black bags’ problem is tenants left behind 50-60 black bags plus a load of furnuture / rubble etc has to go in it. Anyone know of a skip hire company without this requirement. (Dublin west/kildare ) Would preffer not to have to rent a van and drive it to ballymount. With that volume this ‘4 euro per bag’ services like kollect or similar are just not financially viable.

Nearly all if not all skip companies mean domestic waste as in "Kitchen and food waste" all other domestic waste is allowed. You might be able to do a deal with one of the refuse companies to take the bags for a set price, not sure if they would do that though but worth a call to find out.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭eusap

when the bin truck is going down the road give the guys a few quid to take them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

eusap wrote: »
    when the bin truck is going down the road give the guys a few quid to take them

The bin weighing system put and end to that carry one.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

you can rent a gocar Ford Transit for €13/hour

Thats what I would do with "clean" black bags.

(just be warned that the signup process can take a day, so signup now if you are going to use it, its free)

Ballymount seems to be €84 for a transit
    so thats €100 compared to €300+ for a skip...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

GreeBo wrote: »
    you can rent a gocar Ford Transit for €13/hour

Thats what I would do with "clean" black bags.

(just be warned that the signup process can take a day, so signup now if you are going to use it, its free)

Ballymount seems to be €84 for a transit
    so thats €100 compared to €300+ for a skip...

60 Euro. not 84. At least it was in March.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    60 Euro. not 84. At least it was in March.

60 is for "medium vans", large vans are 84 and they include transits in that.

Small Van (Citreon Berlingo, VW Caddy, Nissan Courier, Renault Kangoo, Fiat Doblo, Ford Connect, etc.,)
    Maximum Volume: 3.4m³ Excluding High Roof Vehicles €42.00
    Medium Van: (Renault Traffic, Toyota HiAce, etc,.)
    Maximum Volume 5.8m³ Excluding High Roof Vehicles €60.00
    Large Van: (Ford Transit, V.W. Transporter, Mercedes Sprinter, etc.,) €84.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Would it be possible to buy a cheap van off of done deal and put the bags into it and then just report the vehicle abandoned and have the council take it away to dispose of it all appropriately. I know of an instance of that being done.

Would it be possible to buy a cheap van off of done deal and put the bags into it and then just report the vehicle abandoned and have the council take it away to dispose of it all appropriately. I know of an instance of that being done.

Seriously?

Spend the €13 quid mate and rent the damn van!

No I mean buy the old van, pack the rubbish into it and then leave it parked somewhere without its number plates. When reported abandoned council will have to dispose of it, along with whatever is in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

No I mean buy the old van, pack the rubbish into it and then leave it parked somewhere without its number plates. When reported abandoned council will have to dispose of it, along with whatever is in it.

An Irish solution to an Irish problem :rolleyes: ?

Go van + dump is probably the easiest an my vote. Doesn't directly answer the OPs question as with a skip at least you dont need to go anywhere..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Are you for real with this suggestion? Thats one of the most selfish, toughtless and downright illegal posts I've read in a long time.

The Council when notified will dispose of it through the appropriate channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

:D:D:D

Could set fire to the van too?

Could even drive up the mountains and dump both the rubbish and the van, and set fire to the whole lot?

Dump the bags into a neighbours garden?

Loads of options without dealing with it responsibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

The Council when notified will dispose of it through the appropriate channels.

I'm sure they will.. but still makes you a bit of a (unt if you do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Often you troll this forum for giggles. I can't understand why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

The bin weighing system put and end to that carry one.

Not in the trucks I know. You throw the black bag in, there is no bin to weigh

Speaking of "reported"...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Not in the trucks I know. You throw the black bag in, there is no bin to weigh

50 Black bags would take a while and a lot of effort.

Just get the van and go to the dump, €100 and all done in an hour.
    You won't get it any cheaper than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, was hoping to avoid a 4 hour rigmarole with a go van and ballymount hut its my only option , for the record the go-van rebault van is 60 quid at ballymount , not 84, thats how ive usually been doing this but was hoping somebody had a better way. Just not willing to go with those ‘call us’ signs or donedeal lads chancing their arm, ballymount seems to he the only responsible way to do it.

Also for the record, 47 80 litre bin bags full is the kost ive ever gotten into one of those vans.

Advertisement