Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir Rural FTTH - Whats the latest news on caps

• 29-04-2020 7:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭

For someone who currently had Eir Rural FTTH on the 150mbps package is there a cap?

I had heard that most providers dont care if you go over their cap, but just wanted to know which ones do, so can avoid them in future.

Eir, Vodafone and Digiweb are the ones most interested in.

Who would you go for if you regularly downloaded over 1TB per month?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

JimmyVik wrote: »
    For someone who currently had Eir Rural FTTH on the 150mbps package is there a cap?

I had heard that most providers dont care if you go over their cap, but just wanted to know which ones do, so can avoid them in future.

Eir, Vodafone and Digiweb are the ones most interested in.

Who would you go for if you regularly downloaded over 1TB per month?

Eir don't have a cap if you signed up within the last 18 months. If you have an old account from early 2018 or earlier you may have a cap of 1tb per month. This cap can be removed by request by contacting customer support.

Airwire don't have a cap either for current and new customers.

Digiweb, Vodafone, Sky and Pure Telecom all have the 1tb fair usage caps in place.

Airwire and Eir are the only providers i'd recommend for peace of mind with no usage caps or watching the clock to be concerned with. Airwire are also cheaper than any other provider, saving about 5 euros per month on the 150 and 300 plans. Westnet are another provider that has no usage caps but they are are only available in parts of Mayo.

A few here have reported to go beyond the cap on Vodafone and Digiweb without a charge but I would much rather be with a provider where there is no caps in the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Gonzo wrote: »
    Eir don't have a cap if you signed up within the last 18 months. If you have an old account from early 2018 or earlier you may have a cap of 1tb per month. This cap can be removed by request by contacting customer support.

Airwire don't have a cap either for current and new customers.

Digiweb, Vodafone, Sky and Pure Telecom all have the 1tb fair usage caps in place.

Airwire and Eir are the only providers i'd recommend for peace of mind with no usage caps or watching the clock to be concerned with. Airwire are also cheaper than any other provider, saving about 5 euros per month on the 150 and 300 plans. Westnet are another provider that has no usage caps but they are are only available in parts of Mayo.

A few here have reported to go beyond the cap on Vodafone and Digiweb without a charge but I would much rather be with a provider where there is no caps in the contract.

I asked Pure Telecom last year what they're cap was and they said 1 TB. Today I asked again and they said they do not track it. There is also no mention of 1 TB in their FUP document. I have phone only with them at the moment, looking into FTTH but if customer service is what you're looking for I wouldn't look any further than Pure Telecom. €35/month for 6 months, €55 thereafter on an 18 month contract with landline was the price I was quoted. 10 extra for 300, 10 extra again for 1000.

Advertisement