Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access restrictions 🙄 I know

Options
  • 29-04-2020 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

We are isolating at the moment as we have a four month old daughter with a congenital heart defect. The issue is that my partners daughter lives with us , we contacted her father a month ago to explain that he would not be able to take his daughter for the foreseeable future . He was initially ok with this. However he has become increasingly hostile towards us. The situation is confounded by the fact that he continues to work in a nursing home. He maintains that he along with everybody in the nursing homes have tested negative.
    I contacted the children’s ward in our local hospital for guidance. They stated that categorically we should not allow access as we might as well take the child and leave her in the middle of A&E as there are multiple circles of possible infection.

There is a lot more I could write here but I would be just venting.

My question is on what guidance have the nursing homes received from the HSE regarding non medical staff. Surely with the risk to residents that this individual would have to adhere to a lot stricter guidelines than the rest of us. Thank you for your time.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

southeastg wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

We are isolating at the moment as we have a four month old daughter with a congenital heart defect. The issue is that my partners daughter lives with us , we contacted her father a month ago to explain that he would not be able to take his daughter for the foreseeable future . He was initially ok with this. However he has become increasingly hostile towards us. The situation is confounded by the fact that he continues to work in a nursing home. He maintains that he along with everybody in the nursing homes have tested negative.
    I contacted the children’s ward in our local hospital for guidance. They stated that categorically we should not allow access as we might as well take the child and leave her in the middle of A&E as there are multiple circles of possible infection.

There is a lot more I could write here but I would be just venting.

My question is on what guidance have the nursing homes received from the HSE regarding non medical staff. Surely with the risk to residents that this individual would have to adhere to a lot stricter guidelines than the rest of us. Thank you for your time.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section

My response relates only to the question of what restrictions apply to nursing home staff with regard to seeing their families. There are no restrictions in essence. Nursing Home staff have been asked to consider if a member of their household is a vulnerable person, or theyre living with other Healthcare Workers, that they can reduce the risk by staying in Hotels paid for by HSE. I can understand the frustration of all parties.

Advertisement