Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spc4300 and home assistant

Options
  • 29-04-2020 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

hi
    anyone here have integrated their spc security alarms with home assistant?
    i have spc4300 at home. installer has connected to internet via internet module.
    i have access via app and also access to web panel.

i want to integrate this with my home assistant on pi.
    i have read
    https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/spc
    https://www.lundix.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SPC-Web-Gateway-Installation-version-1.2.pdf

according to this i need to buy license for spa web gateway and then gateway to be installed on pi.
    do i need to do this - i mean buy license?
    or can i use the local ipaddress of the panel at home and connect locally to it?
    any guidance from those who have done this pls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭donny

hi
    i have spc4300 at home. installer has connected to internet via internet module.

i have read
    https://www.lundix.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/SPC-Web-Gateway-Installation-version-1.2.pdf

according to this i need to buy license for spa web gateway and then gateway to be installed on pi.
    or can i use the local ipaddress of the panel at home and connect locally to it?

Yep this is exactly what I've done. Had to buy the licence but it works well

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

hi

i have read

Have done this also, works really well.
    You can put the gateway on a pi or in a docker container.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks for the response.
    will get the license.
    since i already had the wifi module for my spc gateway and as it was already exposed to internet, i thought i could connect it internally in the network without any new gateway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 theBOFH

fergalom wrote: »
    Have done this also, works really well.
    You can put the gateway on a pi or in a docker container.

Hi fergalom, great to hear it works, currently researching alarms at the moment for a new build and its down to just HKC (with Konnected.io) or Vanderbuilt/Siemens.
    Was wondering if all sensors appear in home assistant(door/window contacts and motion sensors etc)?

Does it show the current arm/disarm state and can home assistant arm/disarm the alarm as well?

Cheers :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

theBOFH wrote: »
    Does it show the current arm/disarm state and can home assistant arm/disarm the alarm as well?

This seriously compromises the security of the system. If you really want to do this it can be achieved with almost all systems, simply add a Sonoff to a technical zone on the panel.

• Advertisement

2011 wrote: »
    This seriously compromises the security of the system. If you really want to do this it can be achieved with almost all systems, simply add a Sonoff to a technical zone on the panel.
    Noted. Don't think a sonoff will achieve the required effect though.
    Have you worked with HomeAssistant and the SPC Gateway? do you know if it would work and allow for visibility of the sensors, arm/disarm state etc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Don't think a sonoff will achieve the required effect though.

In terms of arming and disarming it absolutely will work with Siemens and HKC as well as many other systems.
    Have you worked with HomeAssistant and the SPC Gateway?

No.
    do you know if it would work and allow for visibility of the sensors, arm/disarm state etc

Not sure, but I would highly doubt it would comply with the very low bar set by EN50131 so I think you will find that most alarm installers will try to avoid this,

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭paulgrogan.eu

Nice post here guys and something I've been looking into myself.

I've got a SigNET200 board on my system, which doesn't have the Ethernet port on the board unfortunately. It does have an X10, RS232 & USB port alright, but I'm unsure what these are for. The first 2 both appear to be RJ45 style ports.

Does anyone know if it's possible to retro fit a system to this, like the above, that would allow me to hook it into Home Assistant?

Or, do I have to replace the board with something similar to the above?

Hope I haven't hijacked this thread, so feel free to move if it's felt that I have.

Cheers

In terms of arming and disarming it absolutely will work with Siemens and HKC as well as many other systems.
    In terms of security the arm/disarm is the part I would have classed as highest risk to be honest. Sonoff by default uses Chinese based servers I believe (unless of course flashed for local control with something like Tasmota). Same for using one to sense an output for the alarm status.

I do take your point re the increased security risk/exposure but with the majority of alarms these days being internet connected for remote arm/disarm would be looking at trusting the security/integrity of third party cloud systems as another possibly higher risk.

Only thing different here beyond using the sonoff's would be getting the state changes of sensors to be able try integrate into a home automation system. It would be all local, can be isolated to its own vlan and I believe the Siemens/Vanderbuilt even have an ethernet port so no wifi involved.

Just my two cents

Nice post here guys and something I've been looking into myself.

I've got a SigNET200 board on my system, which doesn't have the Ethernet port on the board unfortunately. It does have an X10, RS232 & USB port alright, but I'm unsure what these are for. The first 2 both appear to be RJ45 style ports.

Does anyone know if it's possible to retro fit a system to this, like the above, that would allow me to hook it into Home Assistant?

Or, do I have to replace the board with something similar to the above?

Hope I haven't hijacked this thread, so feel free to move if it's felt that I have.

Cheers

Not an expert on this and will defer to others, only looking to options for a brand new alarm

But from what I have seen around the forms some have had success using the Konnected.io kits to retro fit into existing alarms.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110985030

Others have used the output of serial ports to connect to raspberry pi's and monitored the alarm output using scripts.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111113123
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95108104
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057113381&page=18

Beyond that I would have no clue

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi fergalom, great to hear it works, currently researching alarms at the moment for a new build and its down to just HKC (with Konnected.io) or Vanderbuilt/Siemens.
    Was wondering if all sensors appear in home assistant(door/window contacts and motion sensors etc)?

Cheers :)

Yes, you can do all that if you want, all configurable.
    No chinese servers involved and you can configure it to all be local communication if you wish.

How?

In terms of security the arm/disarm is the part I would have classed as highest risk to be honest.

I agree 100%, which is why I would not do it.
    I do take your point re the increased security risk/exposure but with the majority of alarms these days being internet connected for remote arm/disarm would be looking at trusting the security/integrity of third party cloud systems as another possibly higher risk.

+1
    Only thing different here beyond using the sonoff's would be getting the state changes of sensors to be able try integrate into a home automation system.

Maybe I could have worded my post better. I would not recommend using Sonoff devices with an alarm in this way, I’m just saying it could be done.

I can see that status of all sensors in the app I have for my alarm. Mirroring these to another system isn’t worth the hassle in my opinion.

I/O modules can be purchased for that HKC and I assume the Siemens that can provide dry contacts which can be programmed to change state depending on alarm status. This may provide a basic, cleaner and less hackable interface to another system.
    It would be all local, can be isolated to its own vlan and I believe the Siemens/Vanderbuilt even have an ethernet port so no wifi involved.

The HKC does not have an Ethernet port. I am not sure about the Siemens.

fergalom wrote: »
    How?

Technical zone programmed as arm/disarm key switch, wired to dry contact connected to Sonoff.

Advertisement