Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal from Politics forum

Options
  • 29-04-2020 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I wish to appeal a ban for one day for "personal abuse".

I received notification from the Mod on the 20th April.
    Everlast75 wrote:
    Caegan wrote: »
    Trump like you doesn't answer a straight question, I believe plenty of posters in this thread are still waiting for your answer to a few.

I'll see if I can find them for you, in case you missed them.

Don't bother.

Seriously.

There was zero personal abuse in my opinion. I understand that it is subjective, but my comment related purely to the posts on the poster (not the poster himself as per the charter) in which points are made and when those posts are challenged, the next post ignores them.

No personal abuse. NEVER attack a poster. Attack the content of their post. (You can tell someone that their opinion is based on incomplete or incorrect information, but do not call them an idiot.)

Keep your language civil, particularly when referring to other posters and people in the public eye.

I, amongst other posters, are currently awaiting replies to multiple questions I put to the poster in question.

The poster I replied to said that one user was going to go looking for unanswered questions.

I replied "don't bother", which spoke of my experience waiting on unanswered questions. I am literally waiting on replies to numerous questions and I have given up chasing them, which is exactly the point I was making.

I don't believe that is personal abuse. There was no breach of the charter in my honest opinion. To interpret that there was would be the worst possible interpretation of my posts and would not take into consideration my usual contributions.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Have you made any attempt to resolve this with the banning mod??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

mike_ie wrote: »
    Have you made any attempt to resolve this with the banning mod??

Hi there,

I have indeed.

He/She advised that I start up a thread here.

I hope that was the correct course of action and that I have presented my opinion properly.

Thank you

Thanks everlast75. Seeing as you have already discussed with the mod in question, I'll let the Cmods know.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Your appeal is still under review. There was an interruption from an uninvited guest that may have led you to believe otherwise, but it is for the CMods to review your infraction in the first instance.

Mike_ie is assisting in getting to a point where the appeal is ready for CMod review but has no role in deciding the appeal at present, as per the above flow chart.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'll review this tomorrow for you OP.

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    I'll review this tomorrow for you OP.

Thank you

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Hi Everlast, sorry for the delay - did you have correspondence with the banning mod via pm? If so could you send it on to me?

Also, I've seen that you had a ban reduction from a week to 1 day - That's not this issue we are reviewing but a separate one, correct?

Hi Everlast, sorry for the delay - did you have correspondence with the banning mod via pm? If so could you send it on to me?

Also, I've seen that you had a ban reduction from a week to 1 day - That's not this issue we are reviewing but a separate one, correct?

No problem on the delay front.

This is relating to a one day ban issued on the 20th April for a "personal attack on another user".

I've sent you the correspondence with the Mod.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Everlast75,
    This was a subjective one as you say. On it's own it looks innocious , but it was a bit of a pile on towards one poster, and you were the second one who posted. In it's context,and as part of the string of posts, it reads differently, it was definitely part of a discussion that was about the poster rather than the post.

It's also a one-liner that isn't part of the political debate which is skating the rules of the charter also. If it was someone new to the thread there could be some argument that something ambigious like this had no underlying meaning to it, but you've been a poster on the thread for some time, and have seen many of the mod actions and warnings to know that it could be seen to be a pot-shot at a poster known to be someone you've clashed with in debate before.

I'm upholding the ban, however you are welcome to have that decision reviewed by an admin.

Hi Everlast75,
    This was a subjective one as you say. On it's own it looks innocious , but it was a bit of a pile on towards one poster, and you were the second one who posted. In it's context,and as part of the string of posts, it reads differently, it was definitely part of a discussion that was about the poster rather than the post.

It's also a one-liner that isn't part of the political debate which is skating the rules of the charter also. If it was someone new to the thread there could be some argument that something ambigious like this had no underlying meaning to it, but you've been a poster on the thread for some time, and have seen many of the mod actions and warnings to know that it could be seen to be a pot-shot at a poster known to be someone you've clashed with in debate before.

I'm upholding the ban, however you are welcome to have that decision reviewed by an admin.

Hi,
    I'm not going to bother you or anyone else to review it.
    I believe that i wasn't given a fair shake here, but that's life.
    Lesson learned.
    Thanks for the reply.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. Marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement