Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where were all these experts in January 2020?

Options
  • 29-04-2020 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

I’ve never seen so many epidemiologists, virologists and public health experts give opinions in all my life. But I have a polite question. Where the hell where these experts in January 2020?

Surely just one of them, when they heard about a SARS-like virus in China circulating, being propagated by asymptomatic hosts, should have rung some serious alarm bells. I presume some of these experts devote a lot of time to spotting and detecting disease patterns. I’ve been following this disease since late January but did not hear one peep from any of them that this disease could spread to Europe or the US.

(I am aware that the official Chinese line on this virus was it was under control. But, like in any industry, most insiders are usually savvy enough to read between the lines.)

Now these experts are now popping up everywhere, giving advice on what should have been done. Where were they in January?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,141 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Probably trying to work out what this virus was, what it could do, and how to try and manage it

And yes, another "outrage" thread which is now closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement