Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Three Account Number

Options
  • 29-04-2020 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Trying to help someone port from Three.
    They are on a SIM-free 30-day contract that's rolling over currently.
    The new provider (VM) needs the account number...
    They cannot find the account number.
    My3 never works.
    No online chat possible, looks like it has been removed.
    Wait time of 1 hour when calling 1913.
    Original sign up through Carphone Warehouse.
    On the original paper contract from signing up, there is a 7 digit order reference.
    There is also 10 digit/character Experian reference.
    Is it possible either of these is the account number ?
    What is the format of a Three SIM-free account number ?
    An absolute head-wrecking experience doing what should be a simple task.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

My3 has been a mess for a few weeks.

The account number I have is a 9 digit number on a PAYG account.

Is there anything on previous bills from 3? They must have received a bill every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bobgaf

All the bills in My3.
    No email contact at all.
    No account details in any texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Three's online chat was working for me on Tuesday when I tried it, only there was a queue of hundreds, and I had to give up after about an hour (other things to get done)! The Chat's not always helpful either, e.g. they hung up on someone when they didn't immediately understand the problem. (Similarly I also had to give up hanging on the phone).

I'm afraid everything Three has a glacial pace at the moment; not only because they're naturally short-handed just now, but also because (great news!) they've introduced a brand new website (or at least the My3 section), and everyone is having to re-register to access their accounts even to top up.

The new login is with email address instead of phone number, with each number not only needing a new password, but now also having to have its own email address. It hasn't been the best organised operation in the world, some instructions are unclear, and they're inundated with queries from people unable to access their new accounts. I've been struggling for days to get the first of my three PAYG accounts there updated (e.g. been waiting 2 hours so far for a confirmation email), and many have been trying for longer, like in this thread if you haven't seen it (some people's experiences there might be useful).
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058070168

Advertisement