Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Should I Pre-Order or wait for reviews? I'm torn....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Should I Pre-Order or wait for reviews? I'm torn....
    Take a gamble and pre-order :)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Take a gamble and pre-order :)

Done! Cant wait till Tuesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Saw Nerdcubed playing this earlier on on Twitch.
    And while I've stated before, I hate the idea of them giving out games to "influencers", before the general public, it's doubly annoying to me that I got an email form them that my game might arrive late!
    Yes I'm bitter, sue me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Hmm, watching this being streamed atm, it's not doing it for me. Had high hopes, but something about it ... the environments seem seperate to the character, looks like he's floating across them at times [snowy mountain backdrops] and little things like frost breath, just look forced/fake, takes you out of the emersion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,448 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

May hold off until Irish episode released. Think I'll miss all the island hoping with my ship

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Preloading on PC now.

When can you pre-load on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

When can you pre-load on PS4?
    ACV_launchmap_V2_5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Got a shipping confirmation from Ubi today but no details yet, waiting for them to send it to UPS I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Got a shipping confirmation from Ubi today but no details yet, waiting for them to send it to UPS I think.

Ditto. Looks like its coming from Germany, should safely be here in time for the ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭farreca

Here's a 20% discount code for the ubisoft store, I'm not sure if it's tied to my account but the first one to use it is welcome to it if it isnt

2TWN-9R65-34YG-ODD4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

This is going to be the first game I am going to play on my Series X :cool:

Reviews now out

IGN - 8/10​

Gamespot - 8/10​

Gamesradar - 4.5/5​

Eurogamer - Recommended​

PC Gamer - 92/100​

Gameinformer - 9.25/10​

GameSpot - 8/10​

ACG - Wait for Sale

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Reviews now out

IGN - 8/10​

Gamespot - 8/10​

Gamesradar - 4.5/5​

Eurogamer - Recommended​

PC Gamer - 92/100​

Gameinformer - 9.25/10​

GameSpot - 8/10​

ACG - Wait for Sale

Excellent. These are great reviews. Even more excited now. Will be a challenge not to open my PS4 copy this week and wait til the week after.

Shocked at some of those reviews, seems it continues from where the very excellent Origins/Odyssey left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

I like the sound of the independent difficulty options so you can make Assassinations guaranteed to succeed even against higher level enemies, but make combat more difficult so you're screwed if you get spotted. Sounds like you can turn it back into a classic AC game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

quokula wrote: »
    I like the sound of the independent difficulty options so you can make Assassinations guaranteed to succeed even against higher level enemies, but make combat more difficult so you're screwed if you get spotted. Sounds like you can turn it back into a classic AC game.

That actually sounds great. I miss the glorious aerial takedowns from AC 2. I'll pick this up eventually but in no rush at the moment.

It should be out if you live in New Zealand like I sometimes do.

Edit its out in NZ in 22 minutes 1pm our time, I mean your time.

Gday etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really looking forward to this later.

Which of the two voice actors are better for the main character? Kassandra was far better in Odyssey.

• Advertisement

Long story short it turns out going with a different ebay seller this time due to the Gold being a few pounds cheaper was not a good idea and my game is now pre-downloading. First AC game I've downloaded since Unity, all others have been by disk. Very annoyed but at least i get to play the game at midnight.

Did you get it on PS4? Was planning to buy either Gold or Ultimate edition from Indonesia store but bit wary as currently there are issues with gold and Ultimate edition content not showing for other accounts in consoles for Watch Dogs Legion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Looks beautiful.
    Will get it when it's discounted and includes Ireland.
    And after I sell my current console and get either a PS5 or XBOX SX ...
    for 60 FPS, bug fixes and faster loading.

I've never played an AC game.
    Held off on Odyssey at the reviews are mixed and it requires a huge time investment.
    And the story doesn't click with me.
    But this game looks brilliant and much much closed to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Kiith wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this later.

Which of the two voice actors are better for the main character? Kassandra was far better in Odyssey.

Well you get to choose to either be the male Eivor, female Eivor or "Animus Decided" gender which I believe is primarily female but switches to male at some points which makes sense in the narrative (apparently).

So I'll be going with the animus decided :)

Fairly gory and I only about 30 minutes into, havent really got control yet.

PS4, yes. Watch Dogs Legion is just a mess in every non gameplay related aspect so I wouldn't worry when it comes to Valhalla.
    Yeah I'm going to wait for Legion to drop in Price. From looking at the Ubi forums, lots of people having issues with dlc content sharing on consoles. Just don't want to buy Gold edition on other account and then find out dlc won't work on main account. Got burned before buying Gold edition for The Crew 2 on my Canadian account and not able to get season pass benefits on main account.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reviews now out

IGN - 8/10​

Gamespot - 8/10​

Gamesradar - 4.5/5​

Eurogamer - Recommended​

PC Gamer - 92/100​

Gameinformer - 9.25/10​

GameSpot - 8/10​

ACG - Wait for Sale

Looking at the top comment on the review thread on r/games makes me believe people should actually read the reviews instead of just looking at a final number.
    I find reviews like the one over at Digitally Downloaded to be rather fascinating. It's generally positive but also says things like:
    "The big problem that Valhalla has is that it's built around its monetisation, and not the other way around. The experience system has never been necessary to Assassin's Creed, but the effort to turn the series into an RPG is there because that opens up loot and levelling systems that are relatively easily monetised."

"I'm also no fan of the "real world, modern times" nonsense that the Assassin's Creed series insists on peddling. I know that Ubisoft has worked itself into a hole here where it's hard for it to decouple the two, but every jump to the modern time and a bunch of characters I just did not care about was wasted time that I'd much rather have spent wandering Norway or England with my Viking hero."

"That being said, as far as the gameplay is concerned, this series is going nowhere interesting at this point there while there will be more, and I really implore Ubisoft to take a good, hard look at the bloat and consider whether a more streamlined approach that doesn't get in the way of the best feature (the history and narrative) would not be wiser next time around."

Final score? A nine out of ten.

So, bloated and monetised with gameplay that is going nowhere and pointless modern day stuff.

9/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

9/10

Too much slaughter - IGN

Ten minutes... cant wait :D

Advertisement