Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

J. Marston wrote: »
    Looking at the top comment on the review thread on r/games makes me believe people should actually read the reviews instead of just looking at a final number.

So, bloated and monetised with gameplay that is going nowhere and pointless modern day stuff.

9/10.

Honestly, I wouldn't put too much stock into a review that considers the best part of any Assassins Creed to be the "history and narrative".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Question for the Xbox Store regulars; I was looking to pick this up online today but there's only the Gold & Ultimate Editions available at €99.99 & €109.99 respectively. Any ideas as to why the standard edition isn't available?

EDIT: I've found the standard edition on the store, but it can't be bought?

EDIT EDIT: If you search for 'Valhalla' in the main search bar, not the store one, a standard version appears to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

Anyone receive their copy via An Post yet today?
    Gamestop dispatched my copy yesterday, but the tracking still isn't updating beyond 'awaiting information on your post' so am thinking I won't receive it today :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Question for the Xbox Store regulars; I was looking to pick this up online today but there's only the Gold & Ultimate Editions available at €99.99 & €109.99 respectively. Any ideas as to why the standard edition isn't available?

EDIT: I've found the standard edition on the store, but it can't be bought?

EDIT EDIT: If you search for 'Valhalla' in the main search bar, not the store one, a standard version appears to buy.

Yeah, that's weird, looks like they messed up activating it. I'm sure it'll be fixed at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

My copy just dropped through the door (ordered direct from Ubi). Now to decide whether to smash into it tonight or wait for next week and the ps5...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

JimBurnley wrote: »
    My copy just dropped through the door (ordered direct from Ubi). Now to decide whether to smash into it tonight or wait for next week and the ps5...

Hold tight.... Keep it for PS5 if you're getting it on launch day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

I got a free copy when I upgraded my cpu. Got a ryzen 7 and Valhalla for free. But to be honest I'm not too bothered with it. Can the code be sold on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got a free copy when I upgraded my cpu. Got a ryzen 7 and Valhalla for free. But to be honest I'm not too bothered with it. Can the code be sold on?

I've bought codes for games that people got with hardware before, so probably still possible. Got the Division 2 from someone here in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

silvara wrote: »
    Gamestop dispatched my copy yesterday, but the tracking still isn't updating beyond 'awaiting information on your post' so am thinking I won't receive it today :/

Im in the same boat, Post been and gone and nothing, still no update on the tracking link, Gamestop have really gone to the dogs recently.

An Post are struggling in general. Waiting 2 weeks for an amazon pacakage, I sent An Post a DM and they confirmed they have my package but they are completely inundated due to lock down, xmas and social distance protocols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Had to show ID to buy it at Argos today bit bizarre. Wished I'd grabbed it from Ubisoft with discount but they've only selling pc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

How do you craft arrows?

The tool tip in the codex says you can but ehh how do you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Having a blast with this its good fun pillaging monasteries. Other than a few animation glitches I haven't had any problems on the base PS4. Im super invested in the little village you upgrade but Ive run out of raids at my level so i'm gonna have to grind world events which isnt a bad thing they all seem to be original and different.
    Haven been burned out on open world games this is a nice change of pace for a Ubisoft game. I'll be up early again to play more but now its time for Viking dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

silvara wrote: »

Looks like mine is due to be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday) from GameStop so check your tracking again, hopefully just a day late.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

dreamers75 wrote: »
    How do you craft arrows?

The tool tip in the codex says you can but ehh how do you :confused:

I haven't played the game but if it is anything like odyssey then you do it on the inventory screen by hovering over the arrows and pressing X/Square

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yeah I have no clue how to craft arrows :D maybe its something I learn after teh 1st area??

Still in the starting area and found a power level 280 area (for reference I am power level 13) Of course I tried to fight someone.

Spoiler its the very north area in Norway, I would say do not do the mushroom thing beside the sync spot. But go for it, best of luck

Liking it so far but there is one thing that will really really bother me if it proves to be a thing.
    There is a shipyard in the starting area, on my travels I decided to take out everyone using stealth, i did that and they kept respawning right in front of my eyes. I expect outposts similiar to Odyssey, I kill everyone like a ninja I then own it or get stuff from it. I killed the captain and every few feet a new enemy would spawn. This would really put me off the game if there is no outposts to stealth. Meaning Raid is the only way to take them over or loot them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

After investing about 5 hours of initial exploring parts of Norway once I landed in my home camp, I have encountered a game breaking bug where I am unable to progress the mission A Seer's Solace. The mission Icon doesn't show and even when you go to Valkas hut, you can't interact with her.

Bug is being widely reported with many user on PS4 who went from v1 to v1.0.2 of the game :(:(:(
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76806/valhalla-bug-cannot-proceed-with-quest-a-seer-s-solace?lang=en-US

Will have to wait for a fix before I can progress as I don't want to be deleting saves and starting again...

OmegaRed wrote: »
    After investing about 5 hours of initial exploring parts of Norway once I landed in my home camp, I have encountered a game breaking bug where I am unable to progress the mission A Seer's Solace. The mission Icon doesn't show and even when you go to Valkas hut, you can't interact with her.

Bug is being widely reported with many user on PS4 who went from v1 to v1.0.2 of the game :(:(:(
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76806/valhalla-bug-cannot-proceed-with-quest-a-seer-s-solace?lang=en-US

Will have to wait for a fix before I can progress as I don't want to be deleting saves and starting again...

Maybe its for the best that I have to wait another 8 days before I can play it

Markitron wrote: »
    Maybe its for the best that I have to wait another 8 days before I can play it

Ya, I should have waited till my PS5 landed next week and started on that....

I can still do stuff and there is a lot to do. But the work around being proposed by Ubisoft at the moment is to uninstall the game, don't update to 1.0.2 and start a new game. I've sunk 5 hours into this already and got some decent gear already so restarting would not be ideal. Some people have sunk more time in and are losing the run of them selves on the official Ubisoft forum.

Have you tried reloading a save? Has worked for me for all the bugs i've encountered so far.

Yup, i went back reloaded each save that I had before encountering the bug and nothing. Even reloaded the save I had before getting the mission and still nothing.

I'm just gonna wait till its fixed, not ideal but I didn't have much time to play until next week anyways so its not the worst. I do have this itch though to skive off work and just go explore in game but again, I don't want to put in more hours until i know this can be resolved

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

OK so I decided to have a crack at it. Seems like good craic. Only played it for an hour or so. Can't give a full assessment but has anyone come across an audio stutter bug. In the main menu the audio was stuttering like crazy. Happened again in a few spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skill Up was not kind to this one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I havent played the game yet as im neck deep in other games but skillup is one of the last id listen to.

Dcully wrote: »
    I havent played the game yet as im neck deep in other games but skillup is one of the last id listen to.

Was about to say the same

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I have to say that even though reviews have been positive, I think my enthusiasm for it has waned enough that I'm going to hold off for a few months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Played the first 2 hours there and enjoyed it. Looking forward to putting a bit more time in over the next few days.

It's Odyssey, but with snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Is anyone seeing a 47gb update for this on Series X, got my copy today and is shocked at the update size, seems a bit large but im new to Xbox so possibly im reading it wrong.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Is anyone seeing a 47gb update for this on Series X, got my copy today and is shocked at the update size, seems a bit large but im new to Xbox so possibly im reading it wrong.

Yep, just transfered it from my One X there and unfortunately it's a 47gb update alright.

Advertisement