Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I picked this up yesterday and had to show ID twice, haven't been asked for Id in years. Enjoying it so, you can get completely lost in exploring your surroundings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yeah, 950mb installed from the disc, 47gb off the network :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Skill Up was not kind to this one.

Another wannabe youtube game celebrity , spouting nonsense like there important or anybody cares what they think, I'll make up my own mind cheers Skill up ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Skill Up was not kind to this one.

I'm a massive fan of his stuff, and tend to agree when playing the games he's reviewed.

Think I'll be waiting for a big sale on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Cany one answer me in a spoiler what quest it is that sends you to England or is it obvious?

Wanna explore the first part a while so don't want to accidentally move on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I can't find a definite answer online, but have Ubi confirmed if saves on current gen will transfer over to next gen? My PS4 copy arrived today and I'm tempted to start it, but don't want to have to start it again next Friday.

Edit: This is why I don't use mobile browsing much, can't find anything. First search on PC and I found a Polygon article saying yes, saves will transfer from 4 to 5 using Ubisoft Connect which will be available on launch. Interestingly, Ubi also confirmed that your save on Xbox One can transfer to PS5, and from PS4 to Xbox Series. First time I've heard of that!

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Cany one answer me in a spoiler what quest it is that sends you to England or is it obvious?

Wanna explore the first part a while so don't want to accidentally move on
    I read that you've to complete the prologue in Norway before going to England

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kiith wrote: »
    Played the first 2 hours there and enjoyed it. Looking forward to putting a bit more time in over the next few days.

It's Odyssey, but with snow.

Also, it's a buggy mess. 2 hard freezes in the last 20 minutes, both on the first big settlement raid. Character just freezes in the middle of doing something, and the sound continues in the background.

80+ hours in Odyssey and not a single crash in that time.

Playing on PC and have had no issues so far. Character models don't look as good as the last two i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Have not got it yet hopefully it will be tomorrow an post tracker says sorted in Dublin Parcel Hub at least I did more of Watch Dogs before it came. But I want it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Playing on PC and have had no issues so far. Character models don't look as good as the last two i reckon.

Defaults to 50% resolution scale for some reason, crank that over 100% and it looks like a different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

Kiith wrote: »
    Also, it's a buggy mess. 2 hard freezes in the last 20 minutes, both on the first big settlement raid. Character just freezes in the middle of doing something, and the sound continues in the background.

80+ hours in Odyssey and not a single crash in that time.

Yeah game froze for me twice in the first raid.

Nothing too disruptive but it reminds me of the bugs AC3 had (held off on Unity and played Rogue when the initial wave of floating eyes and teeth reports came out).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

This is the buggiest Assassin's Creed game. Tired of constantly having to restart quests because of progression breaking bugs. :mad:

I haven't played it yet but there is no way I will ever believe that it is buggier than Unity

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are all versions very buggy?

Only thing I've noticed on Series X is a bit of screen tearing every now and then.
    I'm only 2-3 hours in though, will be giving it a few hours more tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It's a buggy mess on PC at least, from the streams I've seen. Have seen it completely crash on some players, others had extreme lag and odd things happen like their character getting stuck on terrain. It's also not for me, watched enough now to know that it is definitely not a €59 worth title, maybe when it drops to about 20 I might try it but it's certainly no Witcher 3 ... which I still have the DLC to finish on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Morathi

It's a buggy mess on PC at least, from the streams I've seen. Have seen it completely crash on some players, others had extreme lag and odd things happen like their character getting stuck on terrain. It's also not for me, watched enough now to know that it is definitely not a €59 worth title, maybe when it drops to about 20 I might try it but it's certainly no Witcher 3 ... which I still have the DLC to finish on

Oh man I'm jealous. I wish I could wipe my memory and play the two W3 DLCs all over again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im hearing so many varying opinions on the combat, i loved it in Odyssey, its what kept me playing more than anything else hence my concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dcully wrote: »
    Im hearing so many varying opinions on the combat, i loved it in Odyssey, its what kept me playing more than anything else hence my concern.

Its ehh different, when I get some good **** and moves prolly best to comment on it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

What's that you say? Ubisoft released a buggy version of an Assassins Creed game? What madness is this? Who would have thought it?

Stop ****ing pre-ordering games from ****ty developers who keep releasing buggy games. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Sonics2k wrote: »
    What's that you say? Ubisoft released a buggy version of an Assassins Creed game? What madness is this? Who would have thought it?

Stop ****ing pre-ordering games from ****ty developers who keep releasing buggy games. :mad:

Exactly, When it comes to Ubisoft/EA games, they're best ignored.

Or

If you must, wait 6 months and you will get the finished game in the state it should have been released for €20, or wait a year and get it with all the DLC's for near as cheap.

Might be hard to do it at first, but once you let a back log build you will be swimming..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Unity was not buggy for me like everyone else, only the co op had serious issues. I actually found Syndicate more buggy.

I usually wait with most developers except Sony games and Ubisoft because for the most part Ubisoft games have been good for me at launch but they're having a bad run lately. You can see why they pushed their games back.

A bad run lately? Ah come on man.

Pretty much each Assassins Creed games launched with bugs since Black Flag, remember the disappearing faces in Unity? Broken FPS and CTD's in that and Syndicate. Cloud saves deleting files in Black Flag. For Honor having constant FPS and CTD's. Watchdogs was plagued with problems, and I'm sure we all remember the massive downgrade in graphics that game went through.

Oh, Assassins Creed: Origins still has FPS problems on PC because Ubi couldn't be arsed to fix the problems.

This bad run has been going on for like 10 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Might wait until Christmas to get it with the bug reports. Probably have a few patches out by then

I may have Stockholm syndrome (send help), but I like most Ubi games and rarely encounter issues!
    I'm not going to apologise for that!
    But I'm certainly aware it makes me more forgiving for any issues I might encounter versus others :)

Should a chap who enjoyed Origins, invest in Odyssey or this?

I've put about 8 or 9 hours into this so and there hasn't been a single issue with it so far, hopefully it stays that way

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I've put about 8 or 9 hours into this so and there hasn't been a single issue with it so far, hopefully it stays that way

What platform are you on?

Advertisement