Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    I wonder what the Irish DLC accents will be like.

The accents in Legion were good, in my game 50% of London was from Dublin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »
    I got to England, and quickly lost interest. The bugs didn't help, but it just didn't hold my attention like i'd hoped it would. Cancelled my UPlay+, but may give it another go in a few months.

Subbed to uplay the other day to try this and Fenyx Rising, im not even going to get to England lol lost interest already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Might interest some of ye but Ubisoft are giving people free rewards in Valhalla . Today you can get the Bayek Legacy outfit and Seafarer settlement pack for 24 hours only. Different rewards each day apparently.

https://ubi.li/happyholidays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Someone please tell me the anomalies are optional. Possibly the most annoying thing I've ever came across in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

skerry wrote: »
    Someone please tell me the anomalies are optional. Possibly the most annoying thing I've ever came across in a game.

Yeah I think they're part of the mysteries that can found in each area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

This is fast becoming my favourite AC, its getting better and better as it goes on. Just finished the London section now, figure I am halfway?

Aside from one world event, I haven't had a single bug either.
    skerry wrote: »

I'm finding the floating pages to be far more irritating. One false move and you have to go all the way back to the start and wait for the poxy things to reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Markitron wrote: »
    This is fast becoming my favourite AC, its getting better and better as it goes on. Just finished the London section now, figure I am halfway?

Aside from one world event, I haven't had a single bug either.

I'm finding the floating pages to be far more irritating. One false move and you have to go all the way back to the start and wait for the poxy things to reset.

Yeah those pages are annoying. Just started this on Friday, only had one bug where I fast traveled to a port while in the boat and when it loaded in, I was at the same place but the boat was invisible. There is also a new title update out today on all platforms

For the pages you have a lot of time once they stop and if you miss it just bee line to the finish point instead of chasing it and wait for it.

I would 100% recommend doing all of the anomalies over anything else as there is some essential viewing once you finish them.

One of the anomalies though has a really bad checkpoint where if you fall in order to continue you have to undo the beams you just did in to get back over and then redo them again , and of course I fell 4 or 5 times before I tried resetting the check point myself by hopping back to the circular piece.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Really enjoyed the game but it has to be the worst game for random crashes I've ever played. Bugs don't bother me as long as they aren't too breaky but the game physically crashing three or four times in a 3 hr play session is infuriating.

Initially I was worried my PS4 was giving up the ghost but whacked on a few different games and 0 issues.

Big into the viking lore and this was just right up my street.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Necro wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the game but it has to be the worst game for random crashes I've ever played. Bugs don't bother me as long as they aren't too breaky but the game physically crashing three or four times in a 3 hr play session is infuriating.

Initially I was worried my PS4 was giving up the ghost but whacked on a few different games and 0 issues.

Big into the viking lore and this was just right up my street.

How does it look on ps4 ? its looks amazing on series X.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

How does it look on ps4 ? its looks amazing on series X.

Phenomenal. It's gorgeous imo anyways, but the crashing would drive you mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Latest sizable patch released. Fairly big change log.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/assassins-creed-valhalla-title-update-patch-notes/

I'm 110hrs in with 80% completed and maxed out level 400. For a game I wasn't even going to play I've loved it.

Game feels completely different now that they have patched in dual sense features. Firing the bow feels SO good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Just started this in the last couple of days, really enjoying it so far. The first quest chain I did upon arriving in England involved looking for clues and identifying a traitor and I found it really enjoyable - it feels like a lot of the mechanics are a direct response to complaints about previous games that you're always just going to icons on the map and never really exploring.

I was unsure if the game would click with me as the setting is way less exotic and appealing than the Greek islands or Egyptian desert, and so far that has borne out somewhat in plain old forests and fields and little towns, but the missions so far have done enough to keep me engaged on their own merit and there seems to be a ton of gameplay variety. I'm enjoying raiding and enjoying the combat, which is pretty much a first for an AC game, and it compliments the stealth gameplay that I've always enjoyed well. Looking forward to unlocking more abilities and variety as I get more into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm looking at either Miles Morales or this off Santa. The only review i watched was from skillup who tore it to shreds mostly because it was so long and grindy before you get to the end of the story. I absolutely hate padded out and repetitive open world stuff so it really put me off off but people on boards seem to be really enjoying it. Anyone cleared it or far into it still enjoying it ?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'm looking at either Miles Morales or this off Santa. The only review i watched was from skillup who tore it to shreds mostly because it was so long and grindy before you get to the end of the story. I absolutely hate padded out and repetitive open world stuff so it really put me off off but people on boards seem to be really enjoying it. Anyone cleared it or far into it still enjoying it ?

I didn't hate completing it exactly and did have fun with it I guess but when you start out you think hey this isn't too bad and even maybe 40-50 hours in it's ok but then then the long gaps in the over all story creep in and you could go several nights without any just taking over each region. I think it has 22 which are all 4-5 missions and associated busy work on the map which you need to do to level up as combat gives so little XP.

It's got some issues with combat and the raven is not useful at all unlike the last two games. The settlement is a bit pointless too. I only realised after wards you could throw a feast and get buffs.

I think I said either here or somewhere else that as a game it makes very poor use of your time. For 100% completion you are looking at 100-120 hours of that only about 35-40 will be story main game the rest is padding. Even if you don't mind some padding it's still excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks man, Miles it is then. I could barely finish Syndicate buckeye of the way you had to take over regions doing the same stuff in each one which this kind of sounds like. Will hold out for a sale and try it then.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thanks man, Miles it is then. I could barely finish Syndicate buckeye of the way you had to take over regions doing the same stuff in each one which this kind of sounds like. Will hold out for a sale and try it then.

Tbf its nothing like Syndicate in the way you take over areas, it is done through story quests.

Done the Yule festival quests, one annoying bug in one of the quests where the marker isn't where its supposed to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Done the Yule festival quests, one annoying bug in one of the quests where the marker isn't where its supposed to be
    Yeah have noticed that. There is also a bug that whenever you load or fast travel you usually end up drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Anyone able to say if the ultimate edition is worth it over the gold edition? Doesn't look like it to me, but just incase anyone here bought it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Some of the mysteries side quests are hilarious, much prefer the way they did quests in this than in the last two games, by the time I had finished the last two game there was still dozen of ? quests all over the map but I couldn't be arsed doing them as they were boring and samey.

Some of the mysteries side quests are hilarious, much prefer the way they did quests in this than in the last two games, by the time I had finished the last two game there was still dozen of ? quests all over the map but I couldn't be arsed doing them as they were boring and samey.

Yea it was done really well, I liked that I didn't know if it was going to be a story sidequest until I was right next to it. Also helped to keep the mission log in a manageable state.

I killed 2 zealots tonight, they were not easy, the second one was really annoying as it could heal itself and you could only parry one of its attacks the others you couldn't.

The Zealot that's in Venonis, I parked my long ship at the bank, got the Zealots attention from a height with an arrow, the raiding crew starting shooting arrows at him and killed him for me. Its the least they could do, the feckers are useless unless it's a raid

Advertisement