Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Is there any point to that Yule festival? I tried doing a few of the events but they seem endless and I can't get the mission markers to disappear from the map - which is the only reason I tried it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

You can use the tokens to buy gear,weapons and tattoos in the shop. The gear and weapons aren't great until you upgrade them

PsychoPete wrote: »
    You can use the tokens to buy gear,weapons and tattoos in the shop. The gear and weapons aren't great until you upgrade them

Is there an actual storyline to finish or is it just the minigames?

Markitron wrote: »
    Is there an actual storyline to finish or is it just the minigames?

Just mini games and two quests, they will stay on the map some time in January

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Started this last night after Cyberpunk crashed out again. Took me too long to realise that the Follow The Coast option wasn't taking me to my objective automatically :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The Zealot that's in Venonis, I parked my long ship at the bank, got the Zealots attention from a height with an arrow, the raiding crew starting shooting arrows at him and killed him for me. Its the least they could do, the feckers are useless unless it's a raid

I tried this exact thing before and the gobshítes just sat in the boat looking forward as I got killed over and over again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

fixXxer wrote: »
    Started this last night after Cyberpunk crashed out again. Took me too long to realise that the Follow The Coast option wasn't taking me to my objective automatically :-/

Tip: When in follow mode (boat or horses) you can use the analogue stick left and right to change paths at upcoming forks. Unless you are going to a specific objective, when I think it locks the path. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Would you recommend you play the other AC games before getting this.

I havent played an AC game since AC3, which i got about 5 hours into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Vicxas wrote: »

Definitely Origins & Odyssey.

With Odyssey play as Kassandra not the Fallout npc lookalike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Vicxas wrote: »

Tbh, no.

Reason being is they are mammoth games.

I played Odyssey first and sunk well over 100 hours into it.

Played origins next and put 70 or 80 into it.

Started valhalla and have about 25 hours put in but havnt played in a week.

They are VERY repetitive in terms of gameplay and I'm burned out from it. I think its the kind of game that I will dip in and out of over the coming months however I will say, if you havnt played any of them recently then go for valhalla as its so shiny and new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

One thing that is really annoying me is killing innocents results in desynchronisation, killing randomers for no good reason was one of the best things about Odyssey, is there any way to turn this off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Picked this up on PS5 on the PSN sale i'll get stuck into it when i finish demons souls. Have most of the bugs been fixed at this stage? I heard it was a decent game but very buggy on launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

jones wrote: »
    Picked this up on PS5 on the PSN sale i'll get stuck into it when i finish demons souls. Have most of the bugs been fixed at this stage? I heard it was a decent game but very buggy on launch.

Started week before chrimbo, bout 20-25 hrs in, no bugs so far. Should be good to go

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Uninstalled this yesterday, thankfully i didnt buy it but played via uplay+ month sub.
    I loved Odyssey with over 100 hours put into it but this is just a snoozefest for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Enjoying this game but there's a serious issue with the quest markers. Sometimes they're up the top right corner of the map in the sea, sometimes they're underground in the middle of a field, or sometimes not there at all.

The worst example was definitely the retrieving the barrel of ale mission. First you have to find the brewer, the map gives you a rough location to where he is, no problem there. Then the brewer says that bandits have it, well that narrows things down doesn't it! I'll just wander around England aimlessly until I stumble upon them. Had to google where the camp was, it was over on the east of the island, why not just tell me that? It's like there was two different teams creating these missions!

When you arrive at the camp a marker finally appears to show where the barrel is. When you pick it up the objective just says "Return the barrel"...WHERE, AGAIN THERE'S NO QUEST MARKER!? I put it on my longboat and brought it all the way back to the settlement and when I arrived IT DISAPPEARED! Had to google what to do again. Apparently the brewer is waiting on a boat on the south of the island! Am I psychic? How am I to know this?

For the majority of the game you use your raven to fly around and find this sort of thing but some missions don't let you. I've played Cyberpunk for 30 hours and have been far more frustrated with this game than anything in that. Also have the bug where you are drunk after loading a save, seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Last few days I kept getting an error message on ps5 "couldn't sync your save data due to a conflict"

I turn it on today and all my saves have reverted back to the 29th of December. 15 hours progress gone. Done with this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ShaneU wrote: »
    all my saves have reverted back to the 29th of December. 15 hours progress gone. Done with this game.

WTF :eek: That's horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Last few days I kept getting an error message on ps5 "couldn't sync your save data due to a conflict"

I turn it on today and all my saves have reverted back to the 29th of December. 15 hours progress gone. Done with this game.

Same thing happened with me for bugsnax. Had just completed the game and was working on the platinum with all but one bugsnax left to collect when save got corrupted with previous save being week old meaning lost loads of progress. Gave up on the platinum and haven't touched game since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

That's terrible. Been getting the same error myself last few days. Scared to switch it on now, sunk several hours into it myself last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

"Do you know what would be fun" Dev serving a 2 week work notice "Multiple puzzles were the player has to stack stones"

• Advertisement

Finished this yesterday after 96 hrs, it might be my favourite AC yet. The endings were fantastic, I'm excited to see where they go with it now and I haven't been able to say that since AC2.

Will not be buying another AC game. Absolute Borefest !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Surely not possible after odyssey with its horrible sailing mechanic and most of the areas being tiny islands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

They will have to change it up bigtime if they want me to buy another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Parabellum9

Got this for Xmas but have only got as far as freeing the crew and taking the boat to the other island. I’m a bit hooked on Black Ops with my free play time but have this and Cyberpunk on the back burner. Considering they are both going to take a lot of time, which one would ye recommend I lash in to?

Got this for Xmas but have only got as far as freeing the crew and taking the boat to the other island. I’m a bit hooked on Black Ops with my free play time but have this and Cyberpunk on the back burner. Considering they are both going to take a lot of time, which one would ye recommend I lash in to?

Go with Assassins Creed, Cyberpunk is still in a bit of a state but will likely be much improved by the end of February

I loaded a save yesterday and I was drunk, a bit of a pain. I'd like if you could raid on your own, sometimes I'll sneak around and take out all the enemies with the bow but you've to blow the horn and get one of boys to help you open a door

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Am so disappointed with this. It’s utter dirt. Worse than AC3 if possible.

Advertisement